Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5966020 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #7605 on: November 04, 2010, 07:09:02 am »

This non-lethal epidemic that keeps coming back around has resulted in one death indirectly. It has the odd side effect when it clears of making the patient feel so healthy that they walk out on all other treatments. Many of them go into remission before they even reach the hospital.

My commander, who got blasted by the FB in person, is still walking around on overlapping fractures in leg and hip. An axedwarf with him left with a broken right hand and lower arm, and still swings that axe well enough to become an Axelord today. One soldier walked out with a pierced and infected lung, and succumbed to the infection while doing his civilian work about a month later.

It's very easy to trace this syndrome, because the afflicted get bruises on their feet and leave a looooooooong line of vomit from where they are to the pool of beast extract that they stepped in.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:03 am »

Ok, I'm grossed out by the graphic detail in this game.  :-\

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: November 04, 2010, 09:54:35 am »

anyways, when I moved my trade depot to a safer place (inside), apparently the elf merchants never got the message.
Shift-D, dude. Make sure they have the access. Maybe it's a bug, but these wagonless caravans have to have that to know your depot location at least the first time. After that, they'll bring their pack animals through cramped corridors to reach it.

The path is clear, wait... a boulder? ah, they could still fit around it anyways, but I smoothed that down just in case.

I think they already decided to go to the trade depot when i deconstructed it. Hey, they might have already been setting up shop now that I think back. Elf puts caged camal on shelf, dwarf promply tears the shelf away and scowls.

Anyways, on to other news. I am actually starting to get sick of foxes and deer. As much as I hate it, I rely on those elves to bring me interesting animals. My cage traps continue to be filled and continue to occupy my mechanic, but it's always the same non-trainable animal. If I could train an army of foxes... well that'd be a different story.
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Pagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #7608 on: November 04, 2010, 09:55:32 am »

I had something run riot through my fortress disembowling everything in sight(seriously, that was its prefered method of killing).

Had one dwarf in half, and still not dead, he just lay there looking at his legs waiting to die.

A while later I see a dwarf trundling off to his workshop, and there is something following him for 2tiles. looks like blood but isnt.

I check him out quickly, and yes, he has been disembowled but its obviously not that much of a bother because he still went on with his work.
My gf thinks sex will stop me from playing dwarf fortress.
Little does she know that will never work, a beard doesnt look good on her.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: November 04, 2010, 10:10:11 am »

I don't know... Wait, you mean you can CHECK? *facepalm*

Yeah. If you [Q]uerry the workshop they're sitting it, it will show you something depending on what mood it is(For example, fey dwarves will yell something like "I NEED METAL BARS" or "I NEED CLOTH"!). Sometimes it can be difficult or impossible to get, but usually you can figure out what they're looking for. Once they have everything they want, they will begin work on a mysterious construction, and about a month later, produce an artifact.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

TheJackal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: November 04, 2010, 10:46:33 am »

Yeah. If you [Q]uery the workshop they're sitting it, it will show you something depending on what mood it is(For example, fey dwarves will yell something like "I NEED METAL BARS" or "I NEED CLOTH"!). Sometimes it can be difficult or impossible to get, but usually you can figure out what they're looking for. Once they have everything they want, they will begin work on a mysterious construction, and about a month later, produce an artifact.

I see a lot of times Urist McFeyCrafter sketches pictures of {ingredient!} when using the same command.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: November 04, 2010, 10:54:20 am »

Yeah. If you [Q]uery the workshop they're sitting it, it will show you something depending on what mood it is(For example, fey dwarves will yell something like "I NEED METAL BARS" or "I NEED CLOTH"!). Sometimes it can be difficult or impossible to get, but usually you can figure out what they're looking for. Once they have everything they want, they will begin work on a mysterious construction, and about a month later, produce an artifact.

I see a lot of times Urist McFeyCrafter sketches pictures of {ingredient!} when using the same command.

Cuz that dwarf is Secretive, not Fey.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Tupu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: November 04, 2010, 11:14:31 am »

So, if I for instance see one of my dwarfs take over a Craftsdwarf's workshop, and see him having a bar of platinum there, can I forbid it to save the precious bar, without affecting the dwarf's mood? (of course the bar won't be used...)
"Histories of Greed and Labor"

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: November 04, 2010, 11:41:13 am »

I have a particular miner mommy who has pushed out 11 kids so far and shows no signs of easing up.   :-\

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: November 04, 2010, 11:44:56 am »

I have a particular miner mommy who has pushed out 11 kids so far and shows no signs of easing up.   :-\

Cilob 'Momma McBadass' the elite marksdwarf lady made 16 kids in my old fort Emenshorast, before the fort died to FPS death.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: November 04, 2010, 12:05:23 pm »

my butcher has fey mood!
he also has weaponsmithing skill...from runesmith,i see that the fey is weaponsmithing type indeed.
we didnt have a forge,before he had gone fey.
now,we have a forge,but he wont claim it!
halp,please!
I am a Goober.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: November 04, 2010, 12:12:28 pm »

my butcher has fey mood!
he also has weaponsmithing skill...from runesmith,i see that the fey is weaponsmithing type indeed.
halp,please!

If it's magma forge, but conventional one. Or vice versa.
SigFlags!

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: November 04, 2010, 12:28:29 pm »

I thought that bug was fixed?

Try building a bowyer's workshop and craftsdwarf's workshop. Or just build one of everything.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: November 04, 2010, 12:37:24 pm »

my butcher has fey mood!
halp,please!

If it's magma forge, but conventional one. Or vice versa.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
yay!thx!
I am a Goober.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: November 04, 2010, 01:58:44 pm »

Oh, a golden mace. That's heavy! Lucky be the champion who wields it.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 3838