Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5969574 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #7515 on: November 02, 2010, 02:32:30 am »

New mayor. Likes...slade. So far she's only banned the export of buckets, which must be a disappointment to the nations who come so far for the fine Strifebustian bucketry. I expect a regime change; I really wish the best of luck to the dynasty she's apparently starting with her 9 children, but they may have to carry on without her.

Kattel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: November 02, 2010, 02:36:26 am »

just had a visit from a forgotten beast made of vomit.....made it halfway to my fortress entrance before spontaneously exploding in a shower of..well vomit...rather entertaining and lucky as don't think i would have been able to seal the breach in time if he had managed to make it too me.
Invaders: Our arrows will blot out the sun!
Me: Then we will fight in the SLADE.
I fear that each time it tolled out the hour, some part of our souls would mournfully yearn: "A puppy should have died just now, but didn't."

drkpaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7517 on: November 02, 2010, 03:55:19 am »

Just felling trees, gathering wood, hunting... Nothing that exciting at the moment.
I'm trying to build a watch tower, but I'm unsure how to build multiple-floor buildings above ground, is it even possible?
My dwarves had a party. That was pretty cool, although I haven't managed to brew anything yet, so they were stuck with water. :(

Yeah Building above ground just requires you to construct upwards staircases.

B(build) C(construct) pick upwards staircase...  Wait  for it to be built, then you can construct a downwards or up/down staircase on top of it.  taa daa, build some floors and walls!

Edit: In my fort I just realized that my 2x2 embark does not have any cotton candy access in it, read the wiki and learned only 1 in 4 tiles will have access to it.  Sucks as it was a pretty successful fort, but will be abandoning it.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:04:59 am by drkpaladin »

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: November 02, 2010, 04:30:43 am »

Nothings happening in my Fort. Which is worrying. I think perhaps the Goblins are planning something... though I've killed 129 of them so perhaps they've given up? Could it be... PEACE???
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7519 on: November 02, 2010, 05:55:07 am »

I keep on getting sieged.. By god-damn dark gnomes! The little bastards were raiding my booze stock non-stop, guzzling down whole barrels in one go.

When I sicced two of my squads on them, teh crazy ensued. They were chasing each other through the halls of the fortress, bowling over nobles, cats and useful dwarves alike. With Yakatee-Sax playing in the background. Gnomes on alcohol are faster than dwarves!

But then I put my foot down and weapon-trapped the entrance. Which is now covered in bits and pieces of gnome.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7520 on: November 02, 2010, 06:38:01 am »

I keep on getting sieged.. By god-damn dark gnomes!
These guys even struggle toward the barrels even with their guts trailing behind and a dozen bolts on their backs.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

lastrix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: November 02, 2010, 07:17:19 am »

I have finished excavating huge area ( and stone-destruction prodcedure ).

Built pump stack to move water from aquafier to my Hospital and other stuff where dwarfs could use water. Too bad i hadn't flooded my entire fortress. But it was fixed but mad dwarfs that faile their strangeMoodMode and jumped of huge cliff ( 7z levels ).
Think i should make some cabinets and other stuff... those beds looks so lonely. Also i found that every cloth in my fortress is x or X or XX. I think its broken, since some of that shit moved to refuse stockpile. I have a lot of work to do for my clothier.

It was fun when i nearly hit out-of-food. But elves should be soon, and there is enough of food.

Also i have got my legendary carpenter-militia commander dead, because noone give water for him =(... because there was no water source.
It really funny when i choose as baron dwarf who likes iron, tables and crowns! yeah! it was really fun when i tried to sell 200 crowns made from that useless stone...

Wanna make an toilet-trap at top level of map ( it has +20z plain and i'm excavated 7z down after that skip 20 tiles and another 7z level down... i don't i can dig more... so much time >.<
Better turn invaders on and get some monkeys for training.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: November 02, 2010, 07:35:11 am »

Starting a new fortress.

Above ground.

Made of ice.

Should be Fun.
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Fisher-Risen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: November 02, 2010, 07:51:32 am »

I have begun my first colliseum (because your not a real dwarf unless you have one.)
Has the basic battle arena, bleachers, a raised cotton candy throne for my Mayor, with rings of magma around The arena area. All underground.
Quote from: Veok
"I had a great fortress going on until Leonidas kicked open the door to my clown car, but my blue suede shoes weren't ready, so Uncle Sam and his friends went to town on my tax returns."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7524 on: November 02, 2010, 08:37:14 am »

Aww, how sad, my militia commander, with his herd of cattle who followed him around everywhere, died from an infection.
:( So... Should I feed his pet cows to my dwarves, now? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: November 02, 2010, 08:44:41 am »

Aww, how sad, my militia commander, with his herd of cattle who followed him around everywhere, died from an infection.

Unless they're infected too :O

The Ice Fortress:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:10:57 am by Herbiie »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: November 02, 2010, 08:48:35 am »

I got my second artifact in this fort. An iron scepter. Now I just hope the next one is a gold shield.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: November 02, 2010, 09:29:58 am »

Milk them first. It would be a shame wasting all that potential cheese.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7528 on: November 02, 2010, 10:18:14 am »

I've come to the realization that no matter what I do, the Darnen will always screw me over. Even if the siege breaker was completed, their flying would negate it. The only way I will ever be able to survive their onslaught is through the use of a military. And the Townbrush military has a record for fucking up constantly. I can't really rely on a handful of badasses to defend the fort when they could all drown to death in a single day.

Therefore, I have only one option; to value quantity of quality. I have drafted every single dwarf, aside from one lowly farmer, into the military. When more migrants come, they shall also be drafted. I will continue drafting soldiers, regardless of the equipment available, until I have an army large enough to overcome the Darnen through sheer numbers. It is a crude and bloody solution to the problem, but the only one that has any chance of working. This is how Townbrush survived in its very first year. Our trained military could not overcome the Ogres, but 10 angry peasants swarming an ogre would inevitably bring it down. The same principle can be applied to any army.

That is assuming New Townbrush can survive long enough to get any migrants. We have next to no food and booze available at the moment.
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: November 02, 2010, 10:47:54 am »

Gaaaaaah, another ambush! Look, you bitches, I've got five legendary furnace operators on three smelters dedicated to melting down the years worth of crap you've already left and they're still not done! I don't need any more! Go the fuck away!
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 3839