Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124544 times)

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6705 on: October 06, 2010, 12:58:00 pm »

make an elf assasin who has full elf bone gear / weaponry
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: October 06, 2010, 01:12:11 pm »

Bolts too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

drvoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

In the process of colonizing the first cavern layer.  I'm moving most of my fort down there.  One squad will train up top, the other will train in the depths with the fort proper.  I've spent a lot of time setting things up so that my dwarves don't get cave adaptation so far, but maybe I'll just let that go and bring everyone down.

My only issue is either getting goods to the caravan, or getting them from the caravan.  It's going to take a long time to move goods all the way to the surface, unless I keep stocks closer to the top, in which case they're inefficiently placed for my dwarves and their workshops.

I'm still planning.  I've only got four miners, so digging out a new layer of 2x3 bedrooms for 100+ dwarves is going to take literally ages.
Ambassador magma patiently awaits his meeting with your nobles.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: October 06, 2010, 02:23:53 pm »

Apperantly down stairs don't break dwarfs fall, as two dwarfs found out when they got pushed into my pump stack shaft after I breached yet another aquafier. They stopped 20 z-levels further down, in the third cavern, where I had been to lazy to dig out the floor yet. I am starting to become sligthly tired of aquafiers and their constant presence.

Also found a magma pipe that comes up in the second cavern, but i'm not going through piercing the aquafiers again, even if it can save me 20 z-levels.

my milita commander have just passed his 50th kill. the captain/former commander is at a measly 26 kills. also 3 out of 4 recruits have gotten their titles. the last one decided to dodge left when everyone else was dodgin right and got a quick drop and a sudden stop. he was friendless so I wont bother damming the river to get the body.

just had the dwarven liason arrive. this is the 4th time in a row he arrives to dwarfs running franticly around, screaming about breached aquafiers.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 03:07:43 pm by bremarv »
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: October 06, 2010, 02:30:24 pm »

As for the hell well, I'll be building it just for the purposes of seeing how big a room value I can get.  I assume the only way to do this is to compare my architecture score pre and post construction?  and yeah I'll be building it with a block of pure adamantine metal, although i have raw plat blocks on hand.

If you can find it in the (R)oom menu, I think it'll tell youthere as well.

As for my fort? Crumbled. Kobold ambushers. With bows. And a swordbold backup squad. "Traps? what traps?"
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: October 06, 2010, 02:33:25 pm »

Bridge? What bridge?

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: October 06, 2010, 02:40:11 pm »

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: October 06, 2010, 03:11:33 pm »

While old Emenshorast is close to the [FPS_DEATH], I decided to make another one, with tweaked version of my 40d mod.

So I embark, on evil swamp surrounded by neutral mountains...

First time, dwarves ended in a herd of skeletal hippos. I think I broke my 'how-fast-my-fort-crumbled-to-death' record.

Okay, crash and repeat.

Second time, I managed to get into summer, without much danger from wildlif-BSOD.

Ugh. Repeat.

Actually, I still have to embark. Three times the charm, I hope it's true :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Moosey

• Bay Watcher
  • [moose brute extract]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: October 06, 2010, 05:58:04 pm »

My latest fort location gets large seasonal waves of mountain gnomes.  I have my marksdrwarf squad use them for target practice whenever they show up outside the walls.  Should I feel bad about murdering them by the score?  On one hand, they're non-violent and described as jolly creatures.

On the other hand, THEY'RE AFTER MY BOOZE!
Backs to the wheel
There's granite to shove

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
« Reply #6714 on: October 06, 2010, 07:50:46 pm »

The goblins always attack my fort right after the Summer Human caravan arrives, so I shut the gates after killing the first kobold in a year and letting the merchants in. I've slaughtered every elven caravan to arrive at my fortress, so it's no surprise that one has now joined the goblins' ranks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Puppy-hating bastard got what he deserved.

EDIT: And as my axelord militia commander dodges the last arrow of the final bowman goblin, he trips into the lake and drowns. A second ambush immediately followed the first, leaving me no time to rescue him. D;
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:09:58 pm by madk »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: October 06, 2010, 08:12:00 pm »

The goblins always attack my fort right after the Summer Human caravan arrives, so I shut the gates after killing the first kobold in a year and letting the merchants in. I've slaughtered every elven caravan to arrive at my fortress, so it's no surprise that one has now joined the goblins' ranks.

EDIT: Puppy-hating bastard got what he deserved.

That is unusually morbid.  I want to watch.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: October 06, 2010, 08:43:47 pm »

Tantrum spiral and depressed dwarfs... YAY fun
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: October 06, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »

*** STARTING NEW GAME ***

EDIT:

Urist Imiknorris, if you somehow fail to engrave the epic saga of how your dwarfs fought and defeated/died to 1000 zombie snakes in to this forum, then I swear your going to be hauling dolomite for the rest of your life.

Hehehe. I abandoned that fort due to crashing, and the white half is going to be all dolomite. The black half will, of course, be obsidian.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:28:51 pm by Urist Imiknorris »

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: October 06, 2010, 10:35:57 pm »

I just had my very first artifact created.
A gneiss grate. >:(
I'd kill the dwarf who made it, but I only have four miners, so he stays until he has outlived his usefulness.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:39:54 pm by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: October 06, 2010, 10:47:12 pm »

that's not so gneiss, isn't it?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 3842