Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6124798 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6525 on: September 30, 2010, 03:08:27 pm »

After sending the slave dwarves to a certain death, my small, non-military jewelers volcano tower fortress spent half a year watching the simultaneous human siege and goblin ambushes creeping thorugh the cage traps in the one tile path around the volcano, like the automated turrets scene from Aliens 2. Then, all of a sudden, a bored human bowman shots one of the goblins, and the goblin ambushers decide to murder the human siege.

Everything went better than expected.
Reminds me of the Helms Deep scene, where that old guy shoots the Uruk Hai before the battle began.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: September 30, 2010, 03:10:18 pm »

New fort. Time to begin work on Project MINE.

As well as another execution tower for those enemies that MINE doesn't wipe out completely.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: September 30, 2010, 03:22:28 pm »

My armourer made a single adamantine shoe.

I would have been glad, had he not already got legendary+3 from making and then melting hundereds of items. As it stands, I'm just sort of pissed off.

Still, now he's like, what, legendary+10?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: September 30, 2010, 03:27:30 pm »

My armourer made a single adamantine shoe.

I would have been glad, had he not already got legendary+3 from making and then melting hundereds of items. As it stands, I'm just sort of pissed off.

Still, now he's like, what, legendary+10?

Something around that, as the amount of EXP needed is growing up with each level.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: September 30, 2010, 03:37:33 pm »

My fort boiled down to chaos when a bronze collossus and two forgotten beasts, one with a poisonous bite and the other with poisonous dust, were let loose...

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: September 30, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »

My four-dwarf military (two swordsdwarves, two hammerdwarves) just made a horrible showing. All of them got red wounds from a goblin snatcher, and both swordsdwarves died of thirst because the water was frozen and none of my dwarves wanted to give them water when it thawed. One of the hammerdwarves is dehydrated. Both are starving and very unhappy.

EDIT: Now one of them's very unhappy, one's miserable, both have been subjected to the miasma of one of the swordsdwarves' corpses, and my mason is too busy DUMPING THE ENTIRE MOUNTAIN to build more coffins (I have one, it's now full).I foresee Fun.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 04:25:38 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: September 30, 2010, 04:23:05 pm »

I'm experiencing a trollsplosion right now.
The troll population nearly doubled.
FORT2:Kicked a hydra out of his cave. Sealed the caverns with a bridge.
No doubt I will have to clean out the cavern later. But for now, I shall tap into the magma sea to make forges.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 06:37:31 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: September 30, 2010, 06:44:59 pm »

Started a new fort and trailblazed a new fortress immediately, within a year I had adamantine.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: September 30, 2010, 08:35:59 pm »

The A-squad's winning streak ended. I decided to set up a death lure along the cliffs toward the terraces. A giant showed up before I began, but I decided to go on with it anyway, and posted militia where the breach would likely be. Only three showed up. Two more appeared, but had to go 'fill their waterskins' immediately on arrival. Yeah, right.

They intercepted the giant just fine, brought it to it's knees without a scratch, and after they were pounding on it for almost 10 minutes I realized they hadn't brought weapons. After I painstakingly set up their uniforms, hand-tweaked everyone's set personally, and ensured that the goddamn steel and silver was made, they came bare-handed. They kicked this giant's ass, but couldn't quite seal the deal. This time I sent the B-squad to help them out.

That's when my miner ambled past the goblin ambush. He just walked by without interruption, and without taking a hit. I guess they know not to screw with a legendary miner. The did go over and jump the elite wrestlers though, and pretty much worked them over. All 3 slain, one of B-squad who came to the rescue dead, and two more in the hospital.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: October 01, 2010, 06:32:08 am »

My current army is made up of useless and incompetent low-class dwarves, so the adamantine set my smith is forging will be donated to mayor, along with a complimentary adamantine sword. It won't help him get better at fighting, but it will make for an interesting match between him and the forgotten beast in the caverns. Worst case scenario, he dies and the military will be sent in to deal with the FB. Best case scenario, he dies and the entire military goes down with him.

EDIT: And a possessed dwarf just finished crafting a rope reed fiber coat. Valued at  765080 Dwarfbucks, it's now the most valuable item in my fort. To add to its worth is an image of two tower-caps in adamantine (:()
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 06:36:56 am by Serio »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: October 01, 2010, 09:45:53 am »

Got a humanoid FB made of green tourmaline, trapped it underground, end of story.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: October 01, 2010, 09:57:41 am »

My four mentally deficient legendary axe lords died to an 11 goblin ambush.

I am dissapoint.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: October 01, 2010, 10:23:09 am »

Turns out my awesome military can't go 5v40. I'm now constructing water-based traps (no magma on surface level yet :/ ) to try and take out the siege, gonna try a civilian lure.

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: October 01, 2010, 10:25:07 am »

OH SHIT ZOMBIE GIANT DESERT SCORPION ON EMBARK-
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: October 01, 2010, 10:37:17 am »

With his dying breaths, my last remaining dwarf had carved an image of his wife shooting the head of a demonic horde in the face at point blank range.

By a bizarre coincidence, it was at that exact point in time where one of the other guys on my floor started practicing his bagpipes.  It was glorious.

:o

Epic.

In my fort...  my stockpile plan turns out to be dumb, the layout is not what I had planned, and kobolds keep cutting pieces off the immigrants.  Also there's some kind of poison-blooded dinosaur in cavern #1.  :|  DF as usual.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 3842