Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6125456 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6360 on: September 24, 2010, 08:23:33 am »

*circus music*
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

stormyseasons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: September 24, 2010, 09:38:07 am »

Started a new fort, on a nice, barren tundra with a flat volcano, on the shores of a thoroughly frozen artic ocean. completely frozen down to the last ocean layer. First artifact I get, appropriately named : "Brandstepped the Perfect Glacier". A 4800 dorfbuck gypsum armor stand. Clearly my immigrant dorfs were traumatised by their cold, freezing trek to my fortress.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper GOLD - 475+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04:03 am »

The Axedwarf strikes The Kobold Spearman in the head with his *bronze shield*, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull though the brain and tearing apart the brain!
The *bronze shield* has lodged firmly in the wound!

We were most of the way through this battle when I realised an axedwarf had neglected to take his axe with him. Fortunately he's pretty good with that shield; that kobold isn't the only thing he's killed with it.
The best part? His name is Reg Portalgulf the Bronze Weight of Tribute.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: September 24, 2010, 10:08:31 am »

My fort was dying a slow, pitiful death by tantrum spiral.
So I decided to go out with a bang rather than a whimper and released the circus.  That'll give those morons something to really tantrum about.
Oh, and this is the background music I chose for my fort's destruction.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:12:41 am by KillerClowns »
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

belannaer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: September 24, 2010, 10:19:45 am »

Nothing much... HAIL TO THE KING BABY! (Large pics a head!)
<snip pics>
This is in 0.31.12. When he arrived his civ was set to 79, eventhough mine is 78 so I had to fix it with runesmith.

How old is your fortress that you can have grandparents listed in relationships?

Only 15 years.

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: September 24, 2010, 10:43:47 am »

Well, no early goblin attack, a giantess came instead.

My newly drafted, completely unarmed and unarmoured squad of 3 dwarves jumped off a bridge and wrestled it to death. They're all legendary now.

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: September 24, 2010, 10:50:47 am »

I did what I should've done my first time; embarked on a nice and defensible volcano where the wildlife doesn't hunger for brains. I'd forgotten that my adventurer climbed this mountain, but one engraver here is so fixated on the event that I'll never forget the name of the peak now: The Flame of Outrage. Such an awesome name for a fort.

Kiktamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: September 24, 2010, 11:42:53 am »

I think I've got a few mega-projects for this world nothing to outstanding but fun none the less.

on another note I do wish boat travel was possible...

Oh well though I think I'll make the bridge entirely out of wood to make the elves hate crossing it.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: September 24, 2010, 12:08:03 pm »

One of my dwarves crafted an artifact statue of Vucar the Dead Grave, the deity of death depicted as a skeletal dwarf. A star sapphire image relates to the rise of Taperedhunger the giant scorpion as an enemy of the fortress.

Good omen...

He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:48 pm »

Are you kidding?

Put the statue in the centre of a giant necropolis. It fits so very perfectly.

Serio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: September 24, 2010, 01:44:41 pm »

At a value of 156000 dorfbucks, Nakisedol Cunningweathered is the pride of all Darkmeadow:
"This is a fungiwood figurine of a cat. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. The item is a masterfully designed image of a cat in fungiwood by Fikod Vabokluzat. It is encrusted with yellow grossular, studded with gold, and encircled with bands of fungiwood, pine, and gold. This object menaces with spikes of alder, clear zircon, and yellow grossular. On the item is an image of two alders in phyllite."

Should be noted it was a two year old child who constructed that.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #6371 on: September 24, 2010, 01:50:03 pm »

Daww.

Just imagine the little beardling carrying the wooden cat around with her. Includes gold and brown stripes!
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: September 24, 2010, 01:58:25 pm »

Troll showed up and "Problem?"ed a few dwarves to death before I got my military to chase it through the traps a few times. Then elk birds.

Someone draw fanart of that.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: September 24, 2010, 02:51:12 pm »

The crundles hanging around the forbidden door next to my magma forges multiplied from six to over a page.  Time for combat practice!  The former fisherdwarf carrying The Wet Twist the platinum crossbow fired a few shots before wandering off to eat or sleep or do something else unnecessary; he may be stripped of his honors if this behavior continues.  Rith Copperwards the Empty Heather continues to conduct himself with valor, as he has since the founding of the fort.  Zuntîr, likewise, is doing pretty well for herself despite that constant yellow blinking...  the rest of my militia have yet to particularly impress me.  Crossbow training eludes me, so I may just release naked goblins to skill them up.

I am long overdue for a FB.  Hopefully it will either (1) not fly, or (2) show up in the first two cavern layers.  (The third level is inaccessible from the others; the first two are only connected by a pit.  Hurrah for tweaking with the layers in worldgen!)

The humans decided to send a caravan instead of a siege this year.  Between their traded food and the instatement of a drastic domestic culling program, I have over 900 meat alone and my chef should be legendary any day now.

There's a GC swallow in the caverns and sieging goblins outside, complete with a squad of archers led by an elite xbow-gob.  The coming winter should be lively...
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Loof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: September 24, 2010, 03:22:42 pm »

Things are going sorta well in my first fortress Dorenavuz. Just appointed my baron, a fisherdorf that was one of the original 7 settlers. I've been playing for a couple on in-game years, and I've had much fun of the ordinary kind, and surprisingly little of the DF kind. I've also had an orphan dwarflingnapped by goblin pedophiles, which isn't surprising, as he was just crawling around outside.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 3842