Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6126170 times)

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #6135 on: September 17, 2010, 10:02:28 pm »

I foresee no bad things happening in your fort in a few years. Materials themselves acting as poisons has yet to be implemented. Only contaminents poison. Also, lead currently has no attached syndrome.

But now I have an excuse for when my dwarfs fuck up.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: September 18, 2010, 12:53:10 am »

Some stuff I changed/added in the dragon's raw file.

[FREQUENCY:100]

[ATTACK_TRIGGER:10:0:0]

[CHILD:25]
   [GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:dragon hatchling:dragon hatchlings]
   [CHILDNAME:dragon hatchling:dragon hatchlings]
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:200000]
   [BODY_SIZE:25:0:25000000]

[LITTERSIZE:5:10]

Preparing generational fort.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Thadius

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:homemade coffee]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: September 18, 2010, 01:30:13 am »

Urist Imiknorris, if that works, I am so stealing it.
If you accidentally lock the elves in the depot and wait until they're insane to capture them in cages and then lock the next group of elves in the depot and unleash the insane elves from their cages, that's still somehow your fault.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: September 18, 2010, 07:08:42 am »

Google Docs is being my enemy right now, so it'll be a minute or three.

EDIT: Google Docs hates me, so have it on mediafire!

I should have gotten rid of the forum code...

d/l'd.

I will read it when I need a reminder that things could always be worse.

It does have that effect on one...  Only 400 drink, and a vomit FB dead in my water source?  Less than three hundred food units--even after butchering the goblins' giant rats, and reducing seed stocks from 2000 to 500 by frantically churning out prickle berry seed roasts?  And the humans are sieging, and the mountain home didn't send a caravan last year?  BAH!  Townbrush survived worse!

In other news...  134 dwarves eat more than 60~ ish.  A lot more.  Like a lot.  It's finally spring, and those pointy-eared bastards had better show up soon.
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

MountainGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: September 18, 2010, 08:44:28 am »

Cosmicirons is doing pretty well, most of the main fort is dug out including living arrangements for all 109 dwarves.  I did forget to read the embark screen though, so I didn't realize I was at war with the humans.  Though my mining legions saved the day!  Nothing quite like 10 miners decked out in steel fighting in a small tunnel.  We have struck humanite!  Lots of spare bronze now, probably going to melt it down for crossbow bolts for the guys I'm going to be training up.  Can't wait for the next dwarven caravan, still haven't found lignite or coal and I need more fuel for steel!  Bring me my dead trees!  Once I have more wood I can get started on soap for the hospital, the last thing I need for that to be up and running full speed.  Also, 20 haulers is nice.  I should have tried that sooner.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6140 on: September 18, 2010, 09:02:17 am »

Ummm, building some totems out elven bodies at the entrance to my fort.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6141 on: September 18, 2010, 11:18:51 am »

I created a scratch-built custom demon race and embarked with them.  This race is mostly an exercise in experimenting with creature and civilization raw tags, as well as a chance to further play with my animalperson generator script.  Among the abilities I gave these demons are web-shooting and six tentacles tipped with steel claws, and the attacks tags to use them.  I also gave the demon civilization the ethics tags to be fine with killing and eating sentient creatures.  My goal is to have a fortress sustained entirely on the bodies of trade caravans and siegers.

As my demons were digging out their preliminary fortress, a handful of mountain goats wandered past.  I instructed the demons to kill them.  They did so, spraying the mountainside with demon silk webs as they did.  The weaver demon then immediately began gathering up the demon silk webs and making them into cloth.  It looks like my demons will be wearing silk clothing spun from their own webbing.  I'm not sure if this is thematically appropriate, disturbing, or both.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: September 18, 2010, 11:26:57 am »

Both. I can imagine slaves being used for a mass textile industry. Could you post the raw files for this demon civ? I need a challenging invader. Maybe I'll combine them with that Troll civ...

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #6143 on: September 18, 2010, 11:49:35 am »

Killing every last one of 'em, come hell and high water.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: September 18, 2010, 11:52:55 am »

That certainly is high water, now where's hell?

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #6145 on: September 18, 2010, 12:07:51 pm »

Hell is a hoblin ambush with me having no trained military to throw at them.

Oh sure, I've got a dozen dabbling fighters with wooden swords, but it wouldn't do much now, would it?  :)

I'm just gonna hole up until the caravan shows up, wait for the bloodbath to end, then collect all the phat lewt.

Diacritic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: September 18, 2010, 12:09:21 pm »

The Cave Swallow and the Farmer, a play in one act
wherein: a beast learns not to interrupt important work, a military learns nothing, a man smacks his face with his palm

Curtain opens on a small farm plot near a well in the caverns, Summer of the first year of Atastgusil.  A cave swallow flies up the well.

Cave Swallow: CHEEP!  CHEEP!  CHEEP!

Urist McFarmerninja: 'e's after me plump helmets! Bastard!

Urist produces a crossbow he has no reason to be carrying

*twang twang twang twang twang*

Urist empties his quiver into the beast, severely wounding it to the point of unconsciousness

Cave Swallow: CHEEP! OW! CHEEP! OW! CHEEP! FUCK!

Urist: Ah, me mushies be safe now!

returns to farming

Me: Oh, crap, combat spam.  Better go check on the farmer.  Er, well, he's fine. Where's that bird?

pulls up the unit list

Me: Er, wow, that thing's in bad shape.

checks combat log

Me: Holy crap, Urist!  Well, I suppose the military will finish it off.

Drafts his highly skilled hammerdwarf and two woodcutters, orders them to kill the beast

Asob McMilitaryCommander: That's the alarm boys! On my mark! DROP YER WEAPONS!

all military dwarves comply

Asob: Excellent!  OFF TO WRESTLE!

All military dwarves die

Cave Swallow: I'm out of here!

Flies back into the caverns

facepalm

Urist McFarmerninja, singing to himself: Oh, mushies, I likes me mushies, nobody better come after me mushies, la la la.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: September 18, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »

Hi!

At long last, I have been able to embark in .13! The forest with the 800 year old war is mostly warm, which is kind of a problem as I prefer cold biomes for the easy water access. But I was able to get a nice location where it is called temperate.

The political situation is definitely interesting - there are 6 dwarven civs in that world. The local elves are at war with 3 of those civs (I am a trader, so I picked one civ who is not at war with them). My first engravings in my fortress showed details of fights between humans(!) and elves. Could it be that the elves are also at war with the humans??? Well, I will see once I get the civ information thanks to trade.

In other news, I am also happy to see that dwarves engrave their Gods!!!! I have an engraving of a goddess travelling! If that is also the same for statues, we can finally create proper temples and shrines for our gods with the proper statues!

I am quite optimistic, although my time/attention span is kind of limited.

Deathworks

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6148 on: September 18, 2010, 12:42:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically...

I opened the gates to hell, without knowing it, I mean it looked like a damn normal cave, till I get a message that my woodworker got struck down... Then I noticed one of my miners picking up a full Jaguar Leather suit and a sword and went into the depths. I followed him to see him massacring ghouls, chopping off limbs and splinting arms in half.
What a badass miner, killing ghoul hordes and ain't afraid of anything.

He didn't get hurt either.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: September 18, 2010, 12:43:53 pm »

Horrifying screams indicate a normal cave?

Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 3842