Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6127372 times)

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #5865 on: September 12, 2010, 07:01:39 am »

6. DrGravitas cancels upload image: Stonesense is still drawing.
Yesh, about time... I don't think I have to tell you, this is a large image:

Infact, the .png was too big for imageshack so I used Mediafire instead. The Download is the full size image.

Did you really channel all those zlevels around (what i presume) is your planned fort mountain?! Kudos. Thats a fair few zlevels.
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: September 12, 2010, 08:39:37 am »

Humans just sent a siege, turns out they didn't like what my fort turned their diplomat/liaison dude into.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: September 12, 2010, 09:46:40 am »

Agh goblin bastards stole my ba- ... OO A WATERFALL!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: September 12, 2010, 10:37:28 am »

Dawn of the zombie hippos. Luckily they only killed one owned dog that was wandering around in their area for no good damn reason. Everyone else that went outside to drink, despite having water inside, came back safely and I walled the doorway off so nobody else was harmed.

I also tunneled out the first workshops, a dining area, and a public dorm next to a meeting area.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: September 12, 2010, 12:10:52 pm »

Finished my Fortress Surface Wall... just to find out that Dwarves are now the only civ left alive. >.>

Time to turn it into a Grande Castle then. [IMG Soon]
If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

melomel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: September 12, 2010, 12:25:43 pm »

Wouldn't YOU be scared shitless?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:D

...It was a female werewolf.  Thanks for making me imagine Michael J. Fox in pink.  :[

Operation TRAP THE FUCK OUT OF THE PERIMETER is progressing slowly but steadily; there are a lot of unicorns in the stockpiles, as well as a few ambushes and a siege--speaking of, thank gawd the gobbos brought elk birds because the mook who's gotten himself elected mayor keeps demanding elk bird horn items.  The magma forges are up and running and the steel industry is staggering to its metaphorical feet...  and only flooded the place with magma three times, too.

I have a dedicated cook, the planters need practice but the food supply is basically secure, and there are weavers/dyers/clothiers in training.  The only FB that wandered in has been walled off.  Everyone's ecstatic.

...what do I do now?!  :\

Dwarvern medical science sure is amazing. They bought a random hauler that got caught in the crossfire from a goblin seige back from the brink of death (Like 80% of his body was red. Dude sure was durable). They spent 3 years and over 20 sessions of surgery, suturing, stitching and god knows what else "repairing" him, and now I would assume he's little more than reconstituted dwarf paste wrapped in cloth.

My surgical team is trying to turn dwarves into zombies, apparently. I see no other reason that they would try to operate on them in that kind of mangled state.

...Oh, hospital, right.  That one hauler's been lying in the hallway for a couple years now...
I HAVE THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND CRAFT ITEMS. I WILL TRADE THEM ALL FOR CHEESE.
7+7

Daetrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: September 12, 2010, 12:32:07 pm »

Urist McHauler got promoted to captain of the guard after a few tantrums (not a spiral) resulted in several criminals.

Urist McHauler beat them all the death and nearly set off a spiral.  Here I was hoping being unarmed would prevent that.  He now has a no-quality training sword since apparently his fists are FISTS OF FURY.

Also the humans are sieging because their diplomat was too stupid to live.
All you need to know about Ardentdikes
It is really, really easy to flood this place with magma fwiw.

Doors stop fire, right?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: September 12, 2010, 01:09:51 pm »

Urist McHauler got promoted to captain of the guard after a few tantrums (not a spiral) resulted in several criminals.

Urist McHauler beat them all the death and nearly set off a spiral.  Here I was hoping being unarmed would prevent that.  He now has a no-quality training sword since apparently his fists are FISTS OF FURY.

Also the humans are sieging because their diplomat was too stupid to live.
Heh, tantrum spirals and dwarven justice are funny  :D
I got the same thing with the humans, they're just sitting on the edge of the map, slowly smearing the blood of my poor dead kitten they killed around. Fortunately I'm self sufficient aside from wood and gypsum underground, but the constant attacks from goblins and now humans is annoying me, I wanted to build a huge series of curtain walls, a citadel and a 100-z-level execution tower that can spray magma and water to make an obsidian rainbow. Just wait till my military is finished in the danger room...

Also, is metalforging supposed to be slow as hell? I've had magma forges going for 2 years smelting magnetite and I'm only just beginning to attempt making steel bars from the 120 iron. I've got 7 forges, 3 or 4 making coke the other 3 making iron, now changing that to pig iron and steel, I'm after 10 full sets of steel armour for my military. Equipping another 3 full squads is going to be a nightmare.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #5873 on: September 12, 2010, 01:34:21 pm »

if you want a shortcut to making exact large amouts (like exactly 50 mail shirts and 50 shields) try using manager. its surprisingly useful for non repeat things
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: September 12, 2010, 01:48:28 pm »

Your furnace operators probably have to go a long way to get to your ore.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Gearheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: September 12, 2010, 03:13:35 pm »

I always set it out so that forges and smelters are on one side of the hallway, ore stockpiles on the other. Each important ore gets its own stockpile (Hematite, tetrahedrite, gold nuggets, coal, etc), too.

Also, abuse the manager. It is one of the most helpful features of any fortress. You can designate full suits of armour to be produced en mass, and you can list ores which need to be smelted in order.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: September 12, 2010, 03:56:54 pm »

Okay, project "Kill FBs with marksdwarves" isn't progressing as intended.

This thing, a huge cat made of clear glass, has seventeen full pages of bolts in its inventory. It's glass. Glass! Shouldn't it have shattered by now? Every part of its body is of course red, broken and cut open. How much mass does this thing need to lose before it stops moving?

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: September 12, 2010, 04:06:37 pm »

Well, damage stacks, but I think bolts have not very big "cut" area. This will take time. Consider it free target practice for marksdwarves.

Gutanoth

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ILLUSIONS OF GRANDEUR]
    • View Profile
    • Umomushil - the fortress of dark Ice, an overlord list compliant fort
« Reply #5878 on: September 12, 2010, 04:15:35 pm »

Can anyone help with my current secretive mood glassmaker? he wants raw green, cloth, cut gems, blocks, and bars (in that order). I have all of these (and both types of cloth) That and ome fuel for his furnace. what else could be needed?

-edit- never mind, he didn't say how much raw glass he needed. The idiot.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 04:57:21 pm by Gutanoth »
Look at what a totally original signature this is.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: September 12, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »

Good news! Townbrush hasn't collapsed into ruin! Both of the Forgotten Beasts are dead. Dostik squirmed his way into the fort through a hole I didn't notice, so I had to swarm everyone over him in a last ditch effort to save the fort. To my surprise they managed to bring him down. I broke down the barricade and allowed everyone trapped in the abyss to return to the surface. Among them is the mayor, who I had assumed would have perished but apparently managed to crawl away from Dostik. However, he is severely depressed and refuses to leave the abyss. The outpost liason is still there, apparently undeterred by the forgotten beast rampage.

However, the population has plummeted to 22. Tantrums are constantly occurring. The military is dead, and Townbrushs's sole leader is going mad. I'd say this would be the end, but we've come back from worse.

EDIT: Interesting, A stray plump helmet woman gave birth to a boy. I guess she breed with the Mechanic's pet plump helmet man pet before Dostik smashed him against a wall.

EDIT 2: The mayor just succumbed to infection. Subsequently, the diplomat left unhappy.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 05:15:31 pm by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 3842