Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3836 3837 [3838]

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5958544 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57555 on: May 22, 2024, 04:19:07 am »

Hmm. So I delayed the meeting for a while by locking the mayor in his room. The mayor, who is in the military, eventually got called to training. I let him out, thinking that his training would prevent the meeting. It didn't. Fortunately, this time I was able to deny it without the game crashing. I kept a copy of the original save file I loaded today, so I'll be able to report this bug.

This immediately caused everyone who was part of the heist crew to leave the fort as they were hanging around in the tavern, singing songs and dancing. Shortly after the first one got off-map, he was caught sneaking around the entrance, just like last time. I decided not to attack him, but the soldiers at the gate did so anyway. Of course, he got torn to shreds.

Then, all of the heist crew members who were still on their way towards the map edge became hostile and started attacking dwarves. This seems to imply that the skirmish that erupted earlier was not a loyalty bug. The reason I thought so is because a long, long time ago, I was messing around with dfhack, and I caused my parent civ to siege my fort. Immediately when those guys entered the map, *everyone* in the fort started attacking each other. This time, I figured that attacking a fellow Dwarf, who presumably happened to be a part of my civ, caused the same thing to happen.

But now I think that the heist "turned loud" when one of them got attacked by the authorities, and all of the other crew members became violent as an intended part of the plan.

I'll see if I can't kill all of them, and if that won't be enough to stop more thieves from coming for it.

The meeting guy also mentioned the name of the person who sent him, so if I fail to protect my artifact, maybe one day I will retire the fort, and steal it for myself in adventure mode. It's a frilly pig tail skirt, so my femboy adventurer will look great.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #57556 on: May 22, 2024, 04:00:28 pm »

Sounds like a lot of fun, outside of the crashing part. Have you tried arresting and interrogating the speardwarf thief?

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57557 on: June 12, 2024, 10:11:07 pm »

I started a new world hoping to make a community story out of it. I had crafted this nice narrative or whatever, but that all got thrown out of the window when the "-1000" max temp i had in the advanced world gen parameters apparently will render dwarves frostbitten within seconds. my starting seven became my starting two because the only people who got out of the cold fast enough were my miners and one cat. unfortunately, the third miner sealed himself out, went out into the cold, and died after a few seconds. the cold is so intense that their bodies disintegrate or something because even the corpses disappear in the snow. I thought it was a bug, but the wagon, the wood, plants, food, drinks, cloth, literally everything disappeared once I unpaused. I have two miners with no food or alcohol. The frostbiting process is kinda cool, it starts with their teeth and their bones, then their body parts get mangled beyond recognition, followed by swift death and erasure.

Edit: amazingly enough, the extreme cold will wear away clothing your dwarves are wearing, with the socks and shoes being the first to go
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024, 10:39:05 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57558 on: June 13, 2024, 12:35:22 pm »

Sounds like it's well below the low temperature damage threshold for all materials. Might I suggest a minimum temp of -50?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

aSpatula66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57559 on: June 13, 2024, 01:36:57 pm »

A minimum temp of 0 is enough to cause frostbite to unclothed creatures in the polar regions, even -50 is extreme.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57560 on: June 13, 2024, 02:21:35 pm »

Wiki shows indicates that world gen temperatures of -656 equals 0 degrees kelvin.
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #57561 on: June 13, 2024, 09:33:43 pm »

Thank you, good people. I thought the -1000 to 1000 temperature scale for worldgen was relative (i dont know why i thought that). I will use that chart to remake the world. Goshdarn, it's a shame that one has to go to the trash bin because it's history had 2 different Ages of Death. oh well
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

muldrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57562 on: June 18, 2024, 12:45:01 am »

Thank you, good people. I thought the -1000 to 1000 temperature scale for worldgen was relative (i dont know why i thought that). I will use that chart to remake the world. Goshdarn, it's a shame that one has to go to the trash bin because it's history had 2 different Ages of Death. oh well
I'm kind of impressed.  I've sent out starting teams into terrifying biomes with thralling rains and stuff like that, but I never considered sending them out into an environment colder than the vacuum of empty intergalactic space.  Congratulations!

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57563 on: June 18, 2024, 09:10:22 am »

Gravearmor update:
Year 70
Total Pop 882
Children 34
Babies 3
Animals 244
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57564 on: June 19, 2024, 03:27:06 am »

Makes me wonder if the game is even playable with 1000 dwarves.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57565 on: June 19, 2024, 02:10:09 pm »

Makes me wonder if the game is even playable with 1000 dwarves.

I hope to find out...
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57566 on: June 25, 2024, 09:06:33 pm »

In my newest fortress, which is located on a volcano where a beaten up magma crab came out, the expedition leader has 3 lovers within the first year.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 3836 3837 [3838]