Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3828 3829 [3830] 3831 3832 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5962346 times)

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #57435 on: November 11, 2023, 10:53:36 am »

One particular dwarf, Ensebudil Lithrush became unhappy some time ago and often appears in the announcements as throwing tantrums.  He was drafted into a squad that managed to completely explore all 3 cavern layers, but despite nearly 75% attrition, survived and is now toppling workshops and continuing to start fights.  I finally checked his kills list and 17 of his 18 are residents of the fort, including a the broker, the doctor, a veteran who had slain a forgotten beast, a hammerlord, the master clothier, and a legendary farmer.  The only non-dwarf kill is a kea.  He now has legendary fighter skill. 

So an outpost is being constructed out on the surface near where titans and goblins regularly arrive.  Furnished with some beds, cabinets, tables, chairs, and stocked with food and drinks, all the unhappy dwarves are now burrowed out there.  Ensebudil has had his armor unassigned, and given a wooden training spear to replace his steel battle axe.  So far, 5 of the grumpy dwarves have killed one another during their tantrums, and other than a farmer who was mysteriously discovered dead at the bottom of the well, no other dwarves have been caught up in the violence. 

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57436 on: November 12, 2023, 02:35:52 pm »

The pop of Gravearmor is up to 645 in fort year 55.
Here is one of 4 levels of bedrooms.
Artifacts made as belonging to the creator's family are in display cases in their rooms.
Progress is being made installing clear glass windows.
53 squads of soldiers
3 babies
31 children
83 miners
10 woodcutters
7 fishers
6 hunters
69 giant cave toads for meat
many birds for eggs
various sundry animals

FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #57437 on: November 12, 2023, 03:38:26 pm »

That's a nice bedroom design.

And, damn, there's a lot of them.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57438 on: November 12, 2023, 09:37:04 pm »

Saràmadil -- Greatwalled -- has been prospering. Saràmadil is a 6 z-level high underground canal-city, linked to an above-ground fort by a spiralling ramp. Water is drawn from the brook above, and magma from the sea below.

When I've got more time I intend to post a thorough tour of the fort with many screenshots. This was my "last hurrah" before the new version, but I'm still playing it anyway :).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 09:43:39 pm by Russell.s »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57439 on: November 13, 2023, 03:48:35 pm »

wow. loving that geometry. that is quite the last hurrah. you should make a tour thread in community games subforum if you want - that fortress looks amazing and I bet more people would want to see it.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57440 on: November 13, 2023, 07:26:34 pm »

Had my second Winter Holiday.  Pissed off people still pissed off.  Happy people still happy. 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #57441 on: November 13, 2023, 11:07:19 pm »

Investigated an intelligent undead for a crime. As soon as she confessed to spying on us, though not the theft she was interrogated for, she booked it out of the fort before she could be arrested.

Be on the look out for female undead elf, red hair.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57442 on: November 15, 2023, 05:36:38 pm »

Forgot to pause the game while I was doing other shit.

Apparently I'll have to make do without supplies for the winter because the diplomat and his caravan left in a rage with no one at the depot to meet them. All things considered though I got pretty lucky, considering the vast number of FAR worse things that can happen to an unsupervised fortress...

At least I was back in time to deal with a werechameleon rampage.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 11:46:41 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57443 on: November 16, 2023, 03:31:52 pm »

A lost deer has been wandering around my fort for a while. Somehow it recently ended up in the caverns.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #57444 on: November 17, 2023, 09:14:18 am »

Guess Mark Chapman is a bear in the world of Dwarf Fortress, wonder what Yoko Ono would have been if she had bothered to show up and break up the band before Lennon was killed.
the picture that came into my head instantly was a Jabberer
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57445 on: November 18, 2023, 05:52:31 pm »

Guess Mark Chapman is a bear in the world of Dwarf Fortress, wonder what Yoko Ono would have been if she had bothered to show up and break up the band before Lennon was killed.

*Jabberer rampage set to "Be My Yoko Ono" by Barenaked Ladies*

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #57446 on: November 18, 2023, 06:50:23 pm »

*Jabberer rampage set to "Be My Yoko Ono" by Bearnaked Ladies*
ftfy

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57447 on: November 19, 2023, 01:20:58 am »

A lost deer has been wandering around my fort for a while. Somehow it recently ended up in the caverns.

Hopefully it'll have babies and you'll eventually have herds of deer grazing in the caverns.

I finally retired my fortress Torchsyrup, after achieving a fair portion of my goals there.  My empire, the Reclusive Lashes, was at war with another Dwarven empire, the Crystal of Barricades, and came pretty close to wiping them out. 

My new fortress, Tinspun, belongs to the Crystal of Barricades.  My main agenda for this fortress is to build lots of cage traps, capture all the legendary warriors from Torchsyrup (which is very close), and steal their adamantine armor.

One interesting thing that's happened here so far:  I received a migrant who shows many signs of being dead, but is listed as a living citizen.  His description includes the typical "His Upper Body is gone", and his health screen shows that he is missing *every* body part.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57448 on: November 19, 2023, 07:10:31 pm »

Hopefully it'll have babies and you'll eventually have herds of deer grazing in the caverns.

That would be quite interesting, assuming they can survive the gauntlet of nasty hungry things down there that would probably consider venison an exciting new delicacy.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 07:15:08 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #57449 on: November 19, 2023, 08:00:56 pm »

Also most recently endured a "goblin" siege that was actually made up entirely of elves and raven men (guess the Dark Lord prefers keeping his bona fide goblin soldiers at the fort to defend home soil and cater to his whims). The last raven woman was conveniently shot down right over my corpse stockpile.
Pages: 1 ... 3828 3829 [3830] 3831 3832 ... 3838