Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3648 3649 [3650] 3651 3652 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6119565 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54735 on: March 13, 2020, 06:09:48 am »

I am continually amazed that this thread is still alive 13 years later.
We'll have to throw you a big party on your 15th birthday. With barrels of golden salve for all.

--
Heh, I see it'll be What's going on in your Adventurer's 10th birthday next week.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:14:24 am by Shonai_Dweller »

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54736 on: March 13, 2020, 06:45:04 am »

I am continually amazed that this thread is still alive 13 years later.
I'm not surprised that the thread is active thirteen years later. I'm surprised that you are.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54737 on: March 13, 2020, 09:00:59 am »

Oh, interesting. A reptile person "representative" just turned up. Armed to the teeth and here to relax. Turns out he's part of The Calamity of Nobles, primary criminal organization in Fortunefrothed, a nearby town. Their base of operations is the tavern there, The Intense Mushroom.

I'm not sure what a Representative is, and didn't even know that collections of outcasts like this had positions besides lieutenant and ringleader (and their equivalents). Anyway, he's here to start a coup and steal my stuff apparently. With coups not being a thing right now, I'll just have to let him loose in the museum and see what he gets up to.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54738 on: March 13, 2020, 09:55:44 pm »

Haha recently found Out how awesome cave Crocs are. My First egglay brought me fiftythree crocs. Once my Fortress falls i will edit the Files to make them war trainable... I saved Just when an Invasion happened so IT IS possible that this will BE soon.

TubaDragoness

• Bay Watcher
  • o3o
    • View Profile
« Reply #54739 on: March 13, 2020, 10:07:45 pm »

You CAN edit those raws now. Editing the overall raws will mean any new fortresses have them trainable, and editing the raws within the save file should add that ability into your saved fortress.

I got fed up with a map full of giant mosquitoes a few versions back, so I used this to remove their flier tag. The meat fireworks when they hit the ground were gloriously satisfying.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #54740 on: March 13, 2020, 11:16:58 pm »

We successfully stole a few books from an abandoned town and are working on a museum to display it and our few artifacts. Some injuries happened while dealing with some giant tortoises, which made us rush to the caverns for water. Now, I'm trying to channel a vertical hole for a well and running into several problems. 4 dwarves are in the hospital now, from being crushed by falling rocks in the channelling process... But hey, they've got water.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54741 on: March 14, 2020, 07:22:09 am »

The brave defenders at the gate fell and my fortress was overwhelmed by a bunch of minotaurs. Nasty things.
Still, the military managed a fairly good job of wearing down their forces and the last of the enemy, a macelord, was struck down as he crawled towards the tavern by a punch to the brain from an empty slayer. Population down from 90 to 23. Not so bad we can rebuild....

Wait...

What's an empty slayer...?

Oh, it seems that the surviving population is actually 2. Plus 21 empty slayers raised from the dead by the necromancer who was relaxing in the tavern as the chaos went down.

This should be interesting.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #54742 on: March 14, 2020, 09:49:58 am »

I'm not sure how well you can control them, but those empty slayers should be very hard to kill a second time. They'll make good defenders for the rest of your fort.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54743 on: March 14, 2020, 06:24:27 pm »

I'm not sure how well you can control them, but those empty slayers should be very hard to kill a second time. They'll make good defenders for the rest of your fort.
They were stuck in the hospital for quite a while but some new immigrants are now cleaning them up. One or two have woken up and have gone back to work, which is nice. But I can't actually change anyone's labors (no labors available).

They're busy butchering animals, burning wood and making soap. Why do they go back to the workshops? It's like some kind of instinct. A memory, of what they used to do. This was an important place in their lives...

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54744 on: March 14, 2020, 08:38:47 pm »

In the same manner that were-creatures suddenly change their point of view when the moon does, some of these new undead also should. They would start heading to the food stockpile and lose control when something "less cooked" walks by...
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54745 on: March 14, 2020, 09:59:19 pm »

Well damn. Minotaurs are back, someone's trashed the drawbridge in a tantrum (knew I should have banished all the living dorfs) and now I find out empty slayers can't be put in the military (even with a regular Dorf in charge).

25 trolls, 50 horses, 25 beak dogs, 80 minotaurs. Well, nice knowing you fortress. Minegraves, perfectly named.  :)

(Oncoming rush of screaming death is awfully slow as the silly giant beasts are trying to ride the horses and beakdogs).

---One ferocious bloodbath later...

And well, despite not being in the army, those empty slayers all rushed up to meet the oncoming horde and beat them into submission. They're all dead except one empty slayer baby who is pummeling a troll right now, but most of the minotaurs are running for the hills. Ha ha!

--

And, troll hits baby in the head with his silk shoe. It's dead.
Necromancer raised a couple of the enemy minotaurs. They're working on killing everything in the fortress.

Between the trolls who didn't run and the undead hostile minotaurs I think my Fun has been had and this fortress is over.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 10:13:47 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54746 on: March 15, 2020, 01:06:01 am »

In the process of draining a volcano and building a solid glass fort inside of it. Got my non-grazing animals moved over and an above ground farm built, but making progress is very slow (even 7 screw pumps take a while to drain out a volcano apparently). Also had a minor vampire infestation, turns out 3 of my dwarves (including my mayor!) are vampires, and the process of figuring this out has cost me ~8 dwarves. Hopefully the wave of vampirism is over.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54747 on: March 15, 2020, 06:00:27 am »

Welcome to Knifeletters - home to the world's least competent military.

The Quilled Quires managed to lose two recruits while fighting three injured giraffe calves on some stonefall traps...

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54748 on: March 15, 2020, 06:50:27 am »

Welcome to Knifeletters - home to the world's least competent military.

The Quilled Quires managed to lose two recruits while fighting three injured giraffe calves on some stonefall traps...

That's on the same level of this one fort I heard of where the military got TPK'd fighting kobolds.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54749 on: March 15, 2020, 07:35:44 am »

Probably my fault, honestly. I was getting bored and the little giraffes had already broken legs on the traps. Also, I did a poor job managing my orders, so everyone has armor but no helmets. I've decided to suspend all military operations until that changes. This decision was after a blind cave ogre punched 3 heads in...
Pages: 1 ... 3648 3649 [3650] 3651 3652 ... 3842