Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3600 3601 [3602] 3603 3604 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5965813 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #54015 on: July 29, 2019, 07:05:15 pm »

I’m in a new embark too, due to accidental flooding of my previous fort.

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54016 on: July 29, 2019, 07:20:49 pm »

Welp! Off to a lovely start. Within moments after deciding my course of action after carefully surveying the area, the very first tree my level 5 woodcutter cuts down causes a cascade of cherry wood on top of her, with her right hand being struck and exploding in gore. That hand is now mangled beyond recognition and I needed to abandon all other plans to immediately hollow out a hospital room and build a bed so that she could receive treatment for that. Fortunately we didn't run into the panda bear that was also roaming the map, so nobody has been mauled to death yet.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54017 on: July 29, 2019, 07:22:50 pm »

I didn’t think pandas were hostile

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54018 on: July 29, 2019, 07:24:09 pm »

Not taking any chances. Even if all they eat is bamboo, they're still bears for a reason.

IncompetentFortressMaker

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:MODDING:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54019 on: July 30, 2019, 02:46:17 pm »

I have a shockingly attractive tavern! In a world that's very young (started  fort in Y5, Granite, Early Spring) it's now Y8, 19th Felsite, Late Spring at the time of this post. So far my visitors have been: Four monster slayers (all from modded races, they visited before tavern was made, all accepted); 5 performers (one, a poet from a modded race, has become a resident but isn't a citizen; two others, human bards, were seeking work but were denied it - one bard visited twice... actually, all I know is I got two petitions from human bards - might have been the same bard petitoning twice, might not have been; two modded-race poets who came solely as guests; and a modded-race bard who came solely as a guest); two travelers who seem like they should be warriors (modded race - maceuser/axeuser); a warrior who is apparently looking for work as a mercenary, from a modded race (seems to have visited once before but wasn't looking for work); two warriors who came solely for relaxation at my tavern. Not in order at all. Yet my tavern is quite small (the empty stockpile is for prepared meals, which I have none of right now)

My library, below, has attracted no visitors whatsoever (quite a surprise, though I do have two fort-appointed scholars)

Yes, I do have a tame gremlin hunter, who as a result of a horrified merchant came to join my fort (raining dwarf blood results in horrified merchants in any season). I also have a bugbat that got caged up and is currently being trained; he (the bugbat) is at "skillfully trained" as of this post, but unless he gets to "masterfully trained" I have no intention of letting anyone adopt him, though by then his trainer may have formed a bond with him. The surface forest, on the other hand... weirdly, it's almost all evil foliage - that is, the trees in most of the area are all glumprongs, and the grasses in most of the area are all wormy tendril/staring eyeball. Image is of the spot where the fort's entrance is. Fortunately, undead wildlife is nonexistent - my fort would have been extinguished early on if it was.

And as evidenced by DFHack's "happiness meter"-like UI bit on the lower right, my fort is a stressed one. But hey, raining blood of your own race must be pretty freaky.
Did I mention I've been sending these screenshots to a random Discord bot called Mee6 in DMs in order to get Discord to generate a link for me to use?

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54020 on: July 30, 2019, 02:50:55 pm »

Going to restart my embark. Saw a thread from about ten years ago about nudist forts being able to keep frame rates manageable since they don't have to worry about the thousands of socks and decided that I want to try that.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54021 on: July 30, 2019, 03:34:52 pm »

Going to restart my embark. Saw a thread from about ten years ago about nudist forts being able to keep frame rates manageable since they don't have to worry about the thousands of socks and decided that I want to try that.

...Maybe forge everybody armor or something? 'Cos what with the stress changes from 44.10+, your dwarves are gonna go cra-a-azy without some kind of coverage.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54022 on: July 30, 2019, 03:40:04 pm »

Well, first I am going to edit the entity file to just remove all or almost all clothing items from the dwarf race itself, and we'll see how !FUN! things get.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54023 on: July 30, 2019, 08:04:21 pm »

There's a tag that decides whether or not a civ wears clothes at all, be sure to remove that as well.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #54024 on: July 30, 2019, 08:34:59 pm »

Also, make the have 0 BASHFUL, I think that controls how much nudity effects them.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54025 on: July 30, 2019, 10:19:49 pm »

Didn't notice that last one about Bashful. Hopefully everything turns out fine anyway, because I found a beauty of a volcano on my new worldgen. No sign of iron ore yet, but just in the walls itself I've got tetrahedrite, native copper, native gold, native silver, black sand, and fire clay. Plus there's flux around somewhere and at the base of the (admittedly, very steep cliffs which we embarked upon) there's a nice little brook.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #54026 on: July 31, 2019, 05:29:47 am »

So, the elven caravan brought this time a caged satyr. Of course I couldn't resist the temptation to trade it for some ☼unicorn lung roast☼, but now I'm wondering what the hell to do with the creature.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54027 on: July 31, 2019, 08:16:53 am »

Also, make the have 0 BASHFUL, I think that controls how much nudity effects them.
While you're at it, set 0 GRUMPY and 1 HAPPY and you shouldn't have so many problems with your dwarfs. 

vekar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54028 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:59 am »

New fort, hardly two seasons old and my militia commander climbs a tree... Why? Well Solon decided he just hates those darn giant squirrels that live up there and took it unto himself (without orders) to climb up an oak and start WW3. A few traders that were on their way out died (mountain home) and he got stuck up there with a squirrel named "Fullutkirar." Well Fullut and Solon went at each other, scratching, biting and tearing away at each other. Fullut managed to not just beat Solon half to death but did the following: Nearly rip off both the left arm and leg, right foot, lower spine, chewed a hole in his left cheek and then bit Solon's tongue out through the hole. This does not include all the OTHER injuries Solon now has... Solon however gave back but nowhere near as good and decided he did NOT in fact want to fight giant squirrels anymore so he fled across the treetops with Fullut following. Squirrel gave up finally and went on its merry way to go home but Solon? Nooo he just had to go back. Squirrel would tear something off each time resulting mostly in Solon now being toothless grandpa but I think he might have one tooth left in there somewhere. Not certain though. Ground is covered in his teeth, it was raining teeth!

Solon would go after Fullut who would then rip him a new one, Solon would crawl away in terror, turn around, go back, get the shit kicked out of him, crawl away with his now one "good" hand... Rinse and repeat. What ended the battle? Well, Solon managed to crawl up and bite his head hard enough to get at the squishy bits inside. Took him about nine tries though and poor Fullut died when it was over. Had to chop the tree down to get Solon and that ended that.

I miss Fullut but then again I have to wonder what would of happened had the idiot dorfs decided to take on the raven men/women who pass through because they are listed as "extremely muscular" unlike the squirrels...

Edit: Solon died of his wounds, having his guts pulled out by the squirrel was just too much.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:00:19 am by vekar »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54029 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:29 am »

Please look at Legends to tell of Fullutkirar’s story
Pages: 1 ... 3600 3601 [3602] 3603 3604 ... 3838