Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3432 3433 [3434] 3435 3436 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096136 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #51495 on: January 09, 2018, 05:12:15 pm »

Bards visiting my fortress seem to have been hired by goblin snatchers to do their job for them, but must have misinterpreted their contract.
They keep stealing my kin.

Which is a musical instrument.

At least it makes replacing stolen instruments easy, as long as they keep stealing just one type.

EDIT: in other news, a human bard arrived dressed in clothes that are all encrusted with gems and bones. Must be a wealthy bard, so far I've ever only seen visitors with un-encrusted clothing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:40:12 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51496 on: January 09, 2018, 10:27:50 pm »

Got visited by a Mountain Titan, an enormous fire-breathing coppery scaled pangolin.

I know some might complain, but I'll take the current "monster wait for you to come to them" bug as a feature. I'm too busy to let this game crash over keeping track of open flames.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51497 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:02 pm »

wow. that's my first Masterwork item that isn't from the fort.

COOL.

now make me artifacts, and bring them to me (so I don't have to raid you!)
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #51498 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:43 am »

I embarked on a cave hoping to find a slab that was stolen by one of the residents, only to find that not only the slab but the thief who possesses it are no longer there. I made a neat little fort out of the rodent peoples home anyway. They dont seem to mind. Im going to turn it into a tavern/great library and force them to either join us or toss them in a pit
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51499 on: January 10, 2018, 01:35:09 am »

there are now 3 Forgotten Beasts chilling out on map edges of 2 separate caverns.

Time to send the PEasant with a pickaxe to lure them into a secure holding facility (pending zoo creation)
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51500 on: January 10, 2018, 03:53:12 am »

there are now 3 Forgotten Beasts chilling out on map edges of 2 separate caverns.

Time to send the PEasant with a pickaxe to lure them into a secure holding facility (pending zoo creation)
Good luck with that. You've got to get really close to an FB for them to even react with the current pathing bug.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51501 on: January 10, 2018, 04:34:40 am »

A goblin siege came and somehow every non-military dwarf ignored burrows, raised drawbridges, and a 5-level dry moat to end up on the other side getting themselves slaughtered.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51502 on: January 10, 2018, 05:22:29 am »

The enemy has come and is laying siege to your fortress!

Humans? Ok. Get the troops ready, pull the civilians in and...

An ambush! Curse them!

Dark Elves? Oh no!

But wait. What's happening? Humans + Dark Elves = Mass slaughter on the side of the map!
Ha ha ha ha. Close the gate boys, I think we can wait this one out.  :)

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51503 on: January 10, 2018, 06:58:24 am »

An ambush! Curse them!

Dark Elves? Oh no!

But wait. What's happening? Humans + Dark Elves = Mass slaughter on the side of the map!

there are dark elves in this game these days??

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51504 on: January 10, 2018, 07:41:01 am »

An ambush! Curse them!

Dark Elves? Oh no!

there are dark elves in this game these days??
No, sorry, only in mine (and anyone else who mods them in). They're like elves but more evil.

In other news, the poet who was hanging out in my tavern with his artifact steel crossbow has vanished. Leaving behind a fungiwood dallith and Oraclecracked the Sunny Fur, artifact steel crossbow. It's just lying there on the tavern floor for some reason.

Oh, and the bedrooms are on fire. Looks like my FB pathing bug got fixed early... :(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:12:16 am by Shonai_Dweller »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51505 on: January 10, 2018, 08:37:29 am »

Minor skeleton siege.

Very little of them, admittedly, but having to deal with two boss castes (the Grave Keepers) plus a pumpkinhead right off the bat is gonna be a pain.
Poets in my tavern took notice of them though, so thats gonna be fun - some of my peasants did as well which is more than a tad annoying since they're getting themselves killed.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51506 on: January 10, 2018, 10:47:16 am »

I can't get the dorfs to load up the minecart properly, but at least some of them are having fun.

Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51507 on: January 10, 2018, 11:27:10 am »

Oops. I refused semi-residency to a bard. Turns out he's the husband of a bard that applied for full citizenship. Found out about it when I designated her a room, and saw the other bard's name pop up there.

I really hope leaves, revisits, and re-petitions. He's hanging out in my tavern now, probably skulking about the refusal.

EDIT: dang, looks like I refused her eldest son as well
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:30:50 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #51508 on: January 10, 2018, 12:03:11 pm »

Success! Only one military casualty, due to the fire set by the Pumpkinhead - otherwise, it was only poets and visitors who died. Some of the peasants are injured - non-fatally, thankfully. None of my remaining military are injured in any way - pretty impressive, I was expecting atleast one of them to die from actual combat.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51509 on: January 10, 2018, 01:02:40 pm »

Slowly playing and testing Darkest Dungeon mod, fort is new using 44.03. 

2 Miners, 1 Axe+5, 1 Hammer+1, 1 Sword+5, 1 Crossbow+5, and 1 Doctor, initially, 19 pop-cap. 

Spring: Nomad Wagon is a 15x7 above ground for bedrooms on a dessert and rocky wasteland biome. 
Cheesing it up using hatch cover entry to the east. 
Ran out of stone blocks and logs for building materials, no trees, so need to breach aquifer. 

Summer: Placed trade depot as the next building to the east, with aquifer breaching in the bottom. 
2 layer sand aquifer using screw pumps to breach and portable drain is easy work. 

6 migrants, one who which has Sword+10 skill, named him Hiro Darkblade. 

DF.exe just stopped, no error pop-up, I think I save when migrants arrived late summer.  Otherwise, auto seasonal save should be there at least.
Pages: 1 ... 3432 3433 [3434] 3435 3436 ... 3842