Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120307 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #5145 on: August 22, 2010, 04:58:03 am »

Getting sick of flux areas. I wonder how difficult it would be to find a 2 z-level sheer cliff on a granite layer? (With multiple soil layers.)

*hint hint*
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Valguris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 22, 2010, 07:16:45 am »

2 giant jaguars appeared on my site, but I didn't manage to catch them, so killed them. Buther seems not to notice them :(. However soon after 3 Giant desert scorpions arrived and I already caught 2 of them. Yay!
Elven diplomat left unhappy! Yay!
EDIT: Oh, i noticed my legendary militia captain has been elected new mayor. Probably that's why diplomat left unhappy. She has true military mind - is enemy of everyone except Manor of Minds (my group).

EDIT2: Oh my! I killed the last Giant scorpion, but 3 more appeared! hahah!
EDIT3: Gah! 1 scorpion and 1 hammerdwarf drowned :(. 4 caged scorpions total.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 07:40:25 am by Valguris »

flatlander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 22, 2010, 10:03:03 am »

Finally got fed up with my massive goblin cage stockpile so I dumped all their stuff and designated them to be thrown into my magma incinerator. All the cages go arcing in... and some of the goblins cages went up faster than the goblin could die so they took the ramp out. Imagine.... burning, naked goblins streaking through the fort running for the steel serrated disks at the front door. I just rallied the axe dwarf squad and they chopped them down before they could get to the entrance.

Heck this is almost like the dwarven version of skeet shooting. RELEASE! Ah where be me pointer dog.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:11:02 am by flatlander »
Check out my webcomic at epicgotime.com

matakuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 22, 2010, 10:06:07 am »

I dug too deep and awoke about 110 pieces of hidden fun which ate all my dwarves except for one, who was hiding in the plump helmet stockpile. After some migrants came, I carefully managed to wall in most of the funnies and now my fortress is thriving again. I made a massive, fun-shaped burial hall for all ninety casualities (not counting the goblins who thought it would be a good moment for invasion). Fortress wealth: 10 M, pop: 40; Fun-making pop: 79.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 22, 2010, 10:22:14 am »

Saw a few old arrows and such listed as forbidden in the stocks screen.  Since I usually melt them all I found that rather odd, but I ordered them all to be reclaimed and melted from the stocks screen anyway.

Cue cancels task: unconscious messages from a large portion of my military as a horde of peasants bumrush the barracks and rip the old arrows unceremoniously from their flesh en masse.

Oops.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Malakai Makaisson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 22, 2010, 10:51:09 am »

A dwarf just created a mechanism worth just over 150,000.

And my Mayor is being a pain.

Stalker-Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 22, 2010, 11:10:25 am »

Already legendary weaver made Vetorhoth the dishonest auras a cave spider silk robe with.. "This object menaces with spikes of phyllite and ADAMANTINE" 411k \,,/

Also planning to start new fort. Enjoyed having 50 population and 200 fps over 80 population and 80 fps, all animals killed asap.

Edit: Whoa, my woodcutter just made Lanzilnugreth, a raw adamantine sarcophagus, worth 1011600 M&M's.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:44:45 am by Stalker-Dwarf »
Long as our business doesn't go sour, my word is gold.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 22, 2010, 11:34:24 am »

My dwarfs won't cook dwarf syrup into roasts any more. :(  I have over 500 units of syrup.

I also have over 100 units of "stagnant water" sitting in buckets for no apparent reason.

And 50 or so bars of unusable soap, due to it being on the last little sliver of soap, with not enough left to complete the cleaning task.

Add to that a few dozen animals which have died of old age. The corpses never decay properly.

On the other hand, I just opened an incineration chute that leads to the magma. I've about had it with these stupid items lingering around.

Shadowform: If the puppy is still alive, a doctor may be able to treat it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 01:44:36 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 22, 2010, 01:58:31 pm »

Two snatchers appeared in front of my fortress, one had outrun one of my marksdwarves (His quiver was empty) and the other snatcher encountered one militia with a loaded crossbow. 2 bolts got in his upper body, breaking a rib that got in the heart of the goblin. While he was bleeding on ground the commander appeared and but a bolt in his leg, claiming the glory of the kill.

During this time my trader traded our crafts for other types of food. My dwarves are fed up (sorry for the pun) of eating cat meat with plump helmets and a cup of ''Cavernet Champignon'' wine.

And my metalcraft got in a mood and created Keniden a iron amulet with spikes of donkey bones worthing 25 000. He has secure his right for the dozen platinum bars I have.

Lurking Grue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 22, 2010, 02:19:11 pm »

Just put the finishing touches to the Baronesses private box at the new colossiem, Complete with furniture, statues and doors all made from black bronze that she loves so much.

shadowform

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 22, 2010, 02:20:59 pm »

More shenanigans between kobolds and puppies.  This time a kobold with a steel (!!) dagger managed to BEHEAD A PUPPY.

In other news, during a recent ambush, the captain of my newly-formed second squad got hit on the arm by a copper maul, fell down in pain, and triggered the falling rock trap he was standing under, which broke both his legs.  After the fight he HAULED HIMSELF TO THE HOSPITAL, WALKING ON HIS BROKEN LEGS.  And yes, he was walking, not crawling.

He joins the other member of his squad, a jeweler, int he hospital.  He is laid up with a...  broken toe.  Which caused him to also sit down on a rock trap, resulting in a broken leg.  Both are now infected.  After being stabbed in the foot by a kobold.  Fantastic.  There's also a member of the first squad in there with a broken left shoulder & upper arm.
Q: What do you get when you take 100 clear glass windows, 1000 silver bars, 6700 gold bars, and 18,000 marble blocks?

A: A very large wall.

"Alright, here's Helltooth... Harborfence... Urist, come get GenericBlade... and you. Welcome to the Danger Room. First timers get good ol' Ballswallowed. Have fun and try not to take off your own toe."

EpicPhayl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 22, 2010, 02:31:57 pm »

This thread never ceases to amuse me.

I currently just started a new fortress, but discovered there isn't nearly enough not stone area for my liking.

I hate doing mass dumps of stone, although my craftsdwarf and mason are really appreciating the short trip.

Also just made my mason/engraver smooth an entire 18x10 area to become my dining hall, still working on it but i'm hoping he'll get to at least adept as he started at second level.

Valguris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 22, 2010, 02:34:22 pm »

2 more giant desert scorpions came. first one killed my adept furnace operator, who decided to pickup something outside and then got killed by my military. Second killed a human maceman (caravan guard) and just bashed to death one of my soldiers with newly accuired (bronze shield). o_O

surturhero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 22, 2010, 03:14:29 pm »

5 goblins slaughtered all 51 dwarfs.

Just realized the horror of watching goblin lashers slaughter men, women, and children and knowing it is all your fault. :'(

EpicPhayl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 22, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »

5 goblins slaughtered all 51 dwarfs.

Just realized the horror of watching goblin lashers slaughter men, women, and children and knowing it is all your fault. :'(

Wow, guess the new gobbos are super powered..
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 3842