Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3299 3300 [3301] 3302 3303 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6106977 times)

vekar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49500 on: February 06, 2017, 01:36:13 pm »

Well my current fort is about to die from FPS death after a FB named Ume attacked, it set fire to the caves and burned the underground ponds down to 5-6. It was a giant crocodile with an elephants trunk, skinless and breathed fire. Died from silver poisoning, all I had were silver bolts after all. Other than that my current fort had a troll die a particularly gnarly death: she stepped on a giant axe blade trap, three fired and this happened: Her stomach was opened up, her guts fell out, the next blade gut the guts loose then emptied out her cavity apparently. She bled to death. Oh, had a group of dwarves lay siege, I think two survived, my dwarves beheaded one and amputated the other enemy dwarves before killing them, real bloodbath it twas.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49501 on: February 06, 2017, 04:35:24 pm »

My dwarves were just tinking around in the sedimentary layer, nothing special, clearing it out layer by layer for fuel and iron and gems... When suddenly, Something amazing happened... I happened up star sapphire, and immediately after a star ruby. I currently have them sitting in their own stockpile off to the side, waiting to be cut, and once I have a weaponsmith go into a mood and request gems, these'll be the only things in the fort allowed to be used. After they're cut they'll be forbidden so no idiot crafter uses them. I rarely ever find a good supply of decent gem stones, and even rarer a single good one, except for one world that glitched out and had a black diamond in the center of every diamond cluster.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49502 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:00 am »

Dammit! A necromancer destroyed my fort before it could go anywhere... Well, ohwell. Was going to love using those gems.

Emeraldmire is off to a decent start, we've already started smacking out some iron, getting our weaponsmith working on pumping out picks and bolts for the miners and hunters. Once we find the flux supposedly here, we'll start producing steel and making our military up. The area for the fort has been cleared, already the area paved. Now to start envisioning the buildings and rooms...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:25:31 am by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49503 on: February 07, 2017, 07:50:57 am »

While my current fort is doing pretty well (running for 3 in-game years now), I'm highly confused about one thing.

Why are there a bunch of visitors stuck clinging to a tree.
Brb, cutting them down.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49504 on: February 07, 2017, 09:49:47 am »

I don't think so, actually - I noticed one of them was drowning in a murky pool very recently when the others were up on the tree for atleast a year - when I checked on him later, he was up on the tree with the rest of them.

EDIT: Oh crap, first megabeast attack.

Interestingly this appears to be a crime boss who was transformed, and not one who was spawned in worldgen. Dunno how much losses I'll get but atleast there's enough visitors outside to buy my military some time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:44:44 am by ZM5 »

Derro

• Bay Watcher
  • Imprisoned Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49505 on: February 07, 2017, 01:14:20 pm »

Combatshield is doing pretty well.

The undead dog on the surface died after walking into the weapon traps that litter my entrance. Its corpse went down the Necrohazard Disposal Chute.

The third caravan finally brought a liaison, and despite the lack of wagons I bought nearly fifty logs off them. Other purchases included food, booze, barrels, more weapons and a few cages. In exchange for this, the merchants got a full finished goods bin with some bits of clothing and crafts added on.

A dwarf got possessed, grabbed three of my precious logs as well as some opals, and made... a cage. Its got pictures of some book, python men and some ancient queen ascending to the throne... not worth three logs in my opinion. At least it'll be constructable if royals ever arrive.

The temple to the Flaxen Praries, anole god of nature, has been completed! To be honest it's just a room near my farms with some statues of him in it, but his worshippers seem to be happy with it.

When the merchants left, though, a minor problem arose. A crossbow-using guard decided to break the shaky peace between dwarf and undead camel and started firing at them. Unsurprisingly, bolts aren't that great a way to kill zombies, and the dwarf got trampled. I really want all this shiny stuff he dropped, but sadly his corpse didn't get trampled. Recovery may be tricky.

On the up side, the merchant he was guarding panicked, causing her to drop quite a few useful items. Thank you, buggy morale!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49506 on: February 07, 2017, 05:08:12 pm »

A dwarf got possessed, grabbed three of my precious logs as well as some opals, and made... a cage. Its got pictures of some book, python men and some ancient queen ascending to the throne... not worth three logs in my opinion. At least it'll be constructable if royals ever arrive.
I would build that in my dining room immediately, near the doors!
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49507 on: February 07, 2017, 06:10:03 pm »

So the Greed incarnation that came over got beaten pretty badly, actually.
It circled the air around the fort for a while, before dive bombing a small bunny rabbit and casting a sedation spell on it (although it didn't kill it)

The poet was actually doing well, for a while - then the boss got it's sedation spell again.

However it did not notice of my woodcutters approaching behind it.

It's not in the screencap, but it actually got beaten badly enough to pass out from exhaustion.
This gave my military more than enough time to close in and finish the job (and also took a punch from a ballsy suturer)

I later made two statues - one to commemorate the dwarf who actually killed Idin - the other to commemorate the sacrifice of the poet and also the courage of the woodcutter.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49508 on: February 07, 2017, 06:57:39 pm »

I don't think so, actually - I noticed one of them was drowning in a murky pool very recently when the others were up on the tree for atleast a year - when I checked on him later, he was up on the tree with the rest of them.

EDIT: Oh crap, first megabeast attack.

Interestingly this appears to be a crime boss who was transformed, and not one who was spawned in worldgen. Dunno how much losses I'll get but atleast there's enough visitors outside to buy my military some time.

Utmost interesting, how much modding interference did this take on account of setting up spells? It seems to be the sphere association with that gold breath = wealth is in order with how magic might shape up later.

Should've kept them on a artifact chain down in a dungeon so they could have huffed & turned creatures you pit down there into statues for melting (or collected the dust coating to turn enemies into gold when struck)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49509 on: February 07, 2017, 07:43:52 pm »

Actually yeah, how'd you get an interaction that turns people into gold? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49510 on: February 08, 2017, 01:21:00 am »

It's a breath that has a chance of transforming a creature into an immobile "gold statue" that promptly "drowns" (for some reason I can't get them to just suffocate normally so that's the only workaround I currently have) - on death it turns into a masterwork golden statue, same as a bronze colossus. Same as petrifcation, just replace "gold" with "stone".

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49511 on: February 08, 2017, 03:41:39 am »

Just noticed the diplomat from the human civ was a goblin butcher.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49512 on: February 08, 2017, 03:50:12 am »

It's a breath that has a chance of transforming a creature into an immobile "gold statue" that promptly "drowns" (for some reason I can't get them to just suffocate normally so that's the only workaround I currently have) - on death it turns into a masterwork golden statue, same as a bronze colossus. Same as petrifcation, just replace "gold" with "stone".
Do you make them drown by giving them the aquatic token? I think you can also do it with paralysis, but it needs to be full body or something because of bugs with specifying organs.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49513 on: February 08, 2017, 03:55:16 am »

Do you make them drown by giving them the aquatic token? I think you can also do it with paralysis, but it needs to be full body or something because of bugs with specifying organs.
Yeah, I did give them the aquatic token - since it also makes them immobile.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49514 on: February 08, 2017, 05:40:55 am »

Yeah, I did give them the aquatic token - since it also makes them immobile.
I'm just imagining the off chance where a dwarf gets converted while in water. Now we have a very confused swimming gold statue!
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite
Pages: 1 ... 3299 3300 [3301] 3302 3303 ... 3842