Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3272 3273 [3274] 3275 3276 ... 3838

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5965726 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #49095 on: December 24, 2016, 09:01:22 pm »

The first human baby was born in my fort.
But for some reason he got a dwarven name Sigun.
 ???

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49096 on: December 24, 2016, 09:05:25 pm »

Odd question, but were the parents humans who moved in, or are you playing humans?

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49097 on: December 24, 2016, 09:10:51 pm »

They moved in as traveling bards.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #49098 on: December 24, 2016, 09:20:00 pm »

Cultural osmosis?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49099 on: December 24, 2016, 09:51:03 pm »

Already the blue team comes out swinging, even with one of them getting tossed towards the corner. Meanwhile our other contender in the red corner is fighting dirty, taking bites out of a couple limbs.

The blue team manages to lay in a few hits here and there, while our dirty-fighting contender briefly considers to join in the child-tossing content before deciding against it, all in the time it takes for our flying contender in the blue corner to make a landing.

However, our other fellow in the red corner is finally also joining in the dirty fighting, though so far neither has scored a point in favor of the red team.

In fact, the blue team may have an advantage, as our fellows in the red team seem to be eager to tear into each other as well, giving one child a chance to land a claw-shattering punch. Maybe the other werebeast is merely angry at breaking a nail?

Even better, one kid gets it in their head to not only start fighting dirty in return, but step it up a notch, biting one werebeast in the eyelid!

Few more well-aimed punches from the blue team seem to be all our werebeast contenders need to get their heads back in the game, and stop scrapping with each other.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49100 on: December 24, 2016, 09:53:38 pm »

Goblins ambushed some miners who were channeling on the surface and killed one, before the militia arrived and got rid of them.
It seems in current version, goblin ambushers still exist, although the message is the same as a regular siege.
 ::)

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49101 on: December 24, 2016, 10:22:16 pm »

I just found out pigs aren't grazers.

Wish I had known that beforehand for my many Glacial forts. Would have made some nice chilled pork!
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49102 on: December 24, 2016, 11:45:09 pm »

Spoiler: screenshot (click to show/hide)

It's not long before the red corner scores a point in its favor, after the blue corner inflicts a fair number of solid hits on the were creatures, one child is put solidly into a chokehold.

However, the same werebeast has elected to handicap itself by taking hold of someone's sock, while the other contender on the red team secures a joint break on one of the children.

Another series of blows are exchanged on both sides before one of the children is knocked out cold from a savage series of bities, and thoroughly chewed out (pun intended) further.

And a third child follows suit, seeming to have died fighting, returning in kind as best as they can manage before expiring. But at the same time...

What a surprise! We now have a point scored in favor of the blue team! Ulco fought well, but this contender simply didn't have it in him to see the fight through. As the match started off 14 on 2, that makes a point for the blue team worth sevenfold, score is now 7-3 in blue's favor.

EDIT:

Score continues to tick up with a fourth, fifth, and sixth point in red's favor, but our remaining contender is severely hampered by their new weapon of choice. To their advantage, several on the blue team are suffering severe blood loss, some have spinal injuries, and others are either unconscious or asleep.

By now only two contenders on the blue remain conscious, and exhaustion soon claims them as well. However, that sock continues to be a hindrance to the red team, giving one child a chance to recover enough to get up.

This one brave motherfucker is getting a beating, and so far has yet to score a hit, but she is faring better than the ohers at the moment.

Casser Hugssavage, you are the most badass three-year-old in this entire hamlet.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 11:58:29 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49103 on: December 25, 2016, 12:01:24 am »

They moved in as traveling bards.

The kid's a full and proper citizen, being born in dwarf lands to a dwarven government. Happens in worldgen all the time (elf-named dwarves, human-named goblins, etc.)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49104 on: December 25, 2016, 12:08:37 am »

There's stoicism in the face of injury, then there's a three year old verbally brushing off getting the wind knocked out of them by an overgrown lizard.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49105 on: December 25, 2016, 12:19:54 am »

The goblin duke felt dejected after being kept from alchohol for too long. I wonder why he didn't just grab a drink. :P

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49106 on: December 25, 2016, 12:38:33 am »

She then gets her teeth kicked out. But between a low blow by our dirty fighter on the red team, and getting a leg busted by a lucky strike, things aren't looking so good for her.

To make things worse, eventually that sock proves dangerous enough to jam a rib through a lung. Eventually Casser was KO'd and had her head caved in by a sock. Never landed a single hit, but holy shit that kid took some abuse.

And which another two out-cold contenders in the blue corner socked to death, score is 9-7 in red's favor. Only one child is conscious at the moment, and the werebeast shows no signs of bleeding out like the other did.

Soon enough it seems the blue team's main contender, Rushan Frostmushroom, also three years old, is busy being shaken to her core rather than intervening like Casser did, leaving a tenth to succumb to what's largely just a mop-up operation in the ring.

Indeed, she doesn't even fight back. She and another are swiftly dealt with. Score is 12 to 7 in red's favor, with only one child conscious and currently crawling after the werebeast, unable to save the other contender from the blue team.

Representing the blue team, we have a hungry, dehydrated 9-year-old. All four limbs are too broken to use, and it's only luck that she didn't bleed out. Representing the red team, a giant chameleon wielding a sock, covered in superficial wounds save for an eye injury and a LOT of smashed fingers.

One on one. Final round, fight!

EDIT: It went exactly as expected. werebeast beat the everyloving shit out of the poor bugger before transforming back right as they kick the bucket. Score's 14-7, red team wins.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 12:42:30 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ironfang

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats adopting dwarves isn't annoying, it's realism
    • View Profile
« Reply #49107 on: December 25, 2016, 09:25:42 am »

Know how I mentioned goblins not showing up at all....

Wanna know who showed up at around 12:00 AM Christmas Day in a group of 40?

The fun little guys got in through an escape route I was constructing, after I tried to figure out how the military worked during a siege. They massacred around 110 dwarves, plus my 3 humans. I fear my wealth grew faster than my military due to ending world gen very early. While that gave me a lot of High Master book binders and the like, it caused a bit of a shortage on decent fighters.

Currently all the goblins are inside my fortress, I used craft and guile to evacuate 5 dwarves to my protected farming zone. Once they can get food and water, I think I should seal off the whole fort, then come back with greater numbers, and war giraffes. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:35:44 am by Ironfang »
Human King: "So, how was your travel to dwarven lands?"
Human Diplomat: "Never piss off the dwarves, they have an army of hydras"

Dwarf Cook: "Another baby hydra meat roast coming up!"

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49108 on: December 25, 2016, 09:38:20 am »

@King Kitteh: Eh, per embark point dogs and poultry are superior anyway ^^;;

@Random_Dragon: I see you're having fun.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49109 on: December 25, 2016, 11:23:41 am »

@Random_Dragon: I see you're having fun.

Had to free up some population anyway, so... :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Pages: 1 ... 3272 3273 [3274] 3275 3276 ... 3838