Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5972892 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46920 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:09 pm »

I have giant flies buzzing about outside the camp. I'm leery of sending archers after it, as I've found out that giant flies can wrestle using their wings.

Watcha gonna do brother, when Muscamania runs wild on you?

I'm slacking on my post-it art quality, but it's still the best art.

Spoiler: WELL CAN YOU (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46921 on: March 29, 2016, 04:00:15 pm »

Well I suspect that will generate quite the buzz.

EDIT: Fall passed with no dwarven invasion, and now the kobold karavan returns.

EDIT 2: Sent the archers off to murder a giant adder. Meanwhile, a giant rattlesnake is fighting a giant sponge that has been here since day one. Are you a badass or what, snek?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:32:36 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #46922 on: March 29, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »

OK, I don't get it.

The season just changed, and three dwarves literally fell over, dead, simultaneously.  They weren't anywhere dangerous - in fact, judging by their place of death, they were merely going to and fro between stockpiles to put stuff away.

...Might have they just died or old age?  Or are shenanigans afoot here?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46923 on: March 29, 2016, 08:17:00 pm »

The check for dying of old age happens at the beginning of spring. In a mature fort, it's not unusual to spend the first few days of spring finding dead livestock, in addition to having a few dwarfs kick off on the first of Granite.

Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #46924 on: March 29, 2016, 08:34:13 pm »

Quite the stark contrast to the olden days of 40d where it said "Urist McDude has passed away of old age" or something like that.

I spent more time than I care to admit looking for some invisible creature or possible forgotten beast.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46925 on: March 29, 2016, 08:39:09 pm »

My civilization screen still only shows my fellow kobolds. I thought any thieves spawning would prompt the civ reveal?

Let's play a game. It's called The Paranoia Game.

EDIT: I'm sorry, what? Sweet zombie Jesus they got past all four hatches going under the river. How the FUCK did they get past the war dogs?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:43:39 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46926 on: March 29, 2016, 08:42:52 pm »

Let me tell you about STEALTH WEREMAMMOTHS.

You should check your combat logs for sneaky tusked assassins.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46927 on: March 29, 2016, 08:44:10 pm »

HOW DID THEY GET PAST THE WAR DOGS.

EDIT: I sent my militia through the hatches to retake them, my guess is that a werebeast got through in stealth, SOMEHOW got past the war dogs without any fight breaking out, then turned back and fled.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:51:24 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46928 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »

My 34.11 fort was besieged by goblins again. This time they had a general, trolls, elk riders and lots of lashers with them, there were elites as well.

I had a squad of poorly equipped elite melee dwarves(with goblin armors and weapons), a squad of marks of various skill levels.

It seemed hopeless so I recruited some cannon folders who didn't even had time to pickup equipments before I sent them to distract the enemy trolls, while my elite squad guarded the entrance and killed goblins who got too near.

Suddenly there were goblins came from behind my line! Some trolls sneaked into my entrance and began to fight the marksdwaves and civilians. Then some melee goblins and an elite goblin bowman began to take out my markdwarves one by one. At that time my elite squad were distracted by other goblins, when they came back and killed the invaders, half of the marksdwarves were already dead or badly injured.

Finally, their elk riders fled and the siege was broken.

Then I realized I didn't see the biggest threat, the lashers. I scrolled the map and found tons of corpses, humans and goblins alike, behind my entrance, near the trade depot. That was why some enemies sneaked behind my line: they were fought the humans. So, it was the human guards that saved my day.

Next time: build some traps!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:11:16 pm by Libash_Thunderhead »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46929 on: March 29, 2016, 11:53:44 pm »

The werebeast will probably return on the 25th of this month. Got the archers hunkered down, and the way in sealed off. I'm hoping that the creature will get revealed this time, and give me a chance to kill it before it flees.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46930 on: March 30, 2016, 12:00:45 am »

Hope you like fish, because tonight, we're eating...

In other news, the elven caravan just arrived, and they were greeted by huge stacks of wood laying on the ground, and a massive wooden wall to keep just their kind out when need be. Among others of course, but they are included. When need be.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:07:25 am by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46931 on: March 30, 2016, 12:11:01 am »

The month of Granite has passed us by, and no sign of the creature having been through the area this time.

EDIT: A vile forge of migrants has arrived. No I do not need more cheese makers or fisherkobolds.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:55:23 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Flarp

• Bay Watcher
  • and tearing apart the self-esteem!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46932 on: March 30, 2016, 01:43:50 am »

The law-giver of the nearest human civ showed up to complain to my baron about how goblins are sacking his cities. This isn't interfering with the import of delicious human livestock, so it's not my problem.
He views any show of emotion as offensive, sees introspection as important, values self-control, and strongly believes that a peaceful and ordered society without dissent would be best. He believes that mastery of a skill is one of the highest pursuits, values nature, and finds romance distasteful. He holds well-laid plans and shrewd deceptions in the highest regard.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #46933 on: March 30, 2016, 02:33:09 am »

First goblin siege, was not expecting around 70 snatched peoples. I had my one squad of soldiers hold a doorway. It worked shockingly well for none of them having real armor or weapons. I only lost four before they routed and left the map. Next time I'll have traps set up.

(It helps that I had them training for every second I had the squad set up. I seriously underestimated the numbers they'd bring, but legendary fighters with no armor beat dabbling fighters with cruddy armor apparently.)
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #46934 on: March 30, 2016, 04:19:27 pm »

I made a new world and fort to test resurrection interactions. I wanted everyone to die, so I dug down to the HFS. It turns out all the demons that came out of the hole were made of steam. I now have a bunch of steam limbs and seven near-legendary wrestlers.

That didn't do what I wanted at all.
Pages: 1 ... 3127 3128 [3129] 3130 3131 ... 3839