Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3082 3083 [3084] 3085 3086 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6093504 times)

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #46245 on: February 21, 2016, 06:55:30 pm »

A miner fell into the magma long time ago and I let them inscribe a slab for him.
I completely forgot about the slab until his ghost showed up...this was what I got:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit*

Hint: Check the miner's name and one of the crafter's name.

When you see it, you will shit +smooth slade blocks+.

Can you confirm that there are no other dwarves by that name in your fortress?

Is it possible that the slab was decorated before he died, just not yet engraved into a memorial?

Ghosts doing certain labors (fishing, animal training, siege operating) is attested, but if that decoration happened after Edum's death it would be the first example of a ghost doing a labor that required a workshop.

Yeah, I see. It was decorated before his death. Just a funny coincidence.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46246 on: February 21, 2016, 09:27:07 pm »

I just discovered that one of my starting dwarfs is a complete and utter monster. He likes dogs for their loyalty......and prefers to consume dog!
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46247 on: February 21, 2016, 09:51:20 pm »

I just discovered that one of my starting dwarfs is a complete and utter monster. He likes dogs for their loyalty......and prefers to consume dog!
It's love man. Pure love. just like some old cannibalistic tribes that ate their beloved dead, as a final showing of respect and love.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46248 on: February 21, 2016, 10:31:55 pm »

It's love man. Pure love. just like some old cannibalistic tribes that ate their beloved dead, as a final showing of respect and love.
Is it?! Or is it a sick, twisted being who takes great pleasure in murdering and devouring those who trusted and loved him so dearly in the ultimate act of treason!?

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46249 on: February 21, 2016, 11:29:43 pm »

Yay. My next dwarf to grow up that hasn't mooded yet likes warhammers. Time to prime him for weaponsmith mood, and make an aluminum warhammer for the hammerer.

EDIT: haha. A war giant grizzly has been chasing a giant one humped camel now for a month. Apparently they are equally fast. The camel keeps fleeing with a !, the bear keeps chasing it. I think they made 20 laps around the fort now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:42:22 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46250 on: February 22, 2016, 12:53:47 am »

I found out via statue that there's a polar bear man necromancer who settled down in the Winter of Whims 40 years ago. Funny, I think I'M in the Winter of Whims....

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46251 on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:18 am »

...hm. One of my Brewers got possessed. He seems to want a Craftdwarf Workshop, because he's running around them like a crazy person, but seems to be unable to actually claim them. It's strange...
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #46252 on: February 22, 2016, 01:56:56 am »

Is it?! Or is it a sick, twisted being who takes great pleasure in murdering and devouring those who trusted and loved him so dearly in the ultimate act of treason!?

Well, they say keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. And how much closer can you get? o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46253 on: February 22, 2016, 02:10:42 am »

Well, they say keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. And how much closer can you get? o3o
But, those who love their cows may still eat beef right?

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46254 on: February 22, 2016, 02:15:17 am »

Kivish Wireshoots, being the rightful heir, has inherited the position of baroness of Roughnessdays.
After a polite discussion with local rivals, Iden Mountainbird has claimed the position of queen of The Labor of Healing.

Kivish Shorastkeskal, baroness of Roughnessdays has mandated the construction of certain goods.
Iden Onollanlar, queen has mandated the construction of certain goods.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:26:29 am by Libash_Thunderhead »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46255 on: February 22, 2016, 02:39:02 am »

I found out via statue that there's a polar bear man necromancer who settled down in the Winter of Whims 40 years ago. Funny, I think I'M in the Winter of Whims....

Maybe he's silently sitting in your embark region or actual embark site invisibly.

I can only guess that if he's sitting around uselessly, it might be worthwhile to send a adventurer over to duff him up, and then drop the goods off at your fort.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46256 on: February 22, 2016, 04:40:55 am »

Nope, the RNG did not want to give me a noble clan vs a royal clan. After a polite discussion with local rivals, my duke consort just became Queen. So I guess it the royal nobles clan vs the peasant clan now.

Lol my poor duke. He's no longer called the Duke of Stinkyshowers the Murky Pools of Filth, he's henceforth known as 'king consort'.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 05:30:59 am by martinuzz »

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46257 on: February 22, 2016, 05:22:44 am »

My newest .42.05 fort has the randomly-generated name of PuzzleFortresses. I choose to interpret this as a good omen.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46258 on: February 22, 2016, 06:22:46 am »

Wait GDS got removed at some point? Are they back yet? I was looking forward to the epic stuggle between dwarf and beast in my new desert/shrubland fort.

Oh well, giant beasts will do.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46259 on: February 22, 2016, 06:48:09 am »

I was already breeding giant rattlesnakes, and now the elves brought me a breeding pair of giant black mambas (Australia's most poisonous land snake IIRC, I say land snake because they have a much more poisonous reef snake there somewhere). I wonder if they will attack invaders, or just flee. I could make a pit with nowhere to path to for them and drop invaders on their heads, perhaps that helps.

Pages: 1 ... 3082 3083 [3084] 3085 3086 ... 3842