Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3045 3046 [3047] 3048 3049 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6096004 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45690 on: January 22, 2016, 05:40:51 am »

So, of four bitten by the werebeast only one became werebear himself on the 19th of Hematite. It's now the 20th and the other three are hungry and thirsty and not transformed.

Therefore I shall see if i can use the one werebear as a defensive measure somehow and release the other three from their makeshift prisons (xp leader in his office, other two in their rooms, the werebear is in the temple.

edit; I think I notice mistake on the werebeast wiki page. I know for a fact that I've buried werebeast-Dwarfs aftter my military ended them by storming their room.
Edit2; also locked doors do a grand job keeping them in whatever room they were in even if the wiki says it'll destroy the doors

Edit3; solon will not leave the former temple even to construct his own bed in what will be his new room. Just won't
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:04:10 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Myrkky100

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45691 on: January 22, 2016, 05:52:24 am »

My first attempt at a glacier embark and, of course, a yeti wandered in. I emergency drafted the whole expedition and the miners managed to knock the beast out. Now all seven dwarfs are standing in a ring around the fallen monster, taking turns ineffectively punching it in the head while the war dogs are trying to eat its toes. I fear this will end with the whole expedition dying of exhaustion...
The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise.
- Tacitus

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45692 on: January 22, 2016, 06:17:05 am »

Update on Solon - he refused to leave the temple even after I removed temple zone. Eventually I just locked him back in hoping to keep him there by the time ofhis next transformation.

UNfortunately - he just smashed the door now. In Dwarf mode. Went outside for a spell, walked back, then went to the dining room. Ops.

He went full-werebear and slaughtered everyone aside of a human crossbowman guest visitior there. This includes two human macemen, of whom one blinked as if legendary, one human hammerman, a hum bard, a hum poet and a human lasher. He is badly hurt. I wonder if I can kill him. Also toppled a statue, that's just rude.

... rather than adding bolts to the human crossbowman hitting it while it wasn't moving I added victims. Oops.
I savescummed to try again, this time no Dwarf losses but nine human ones. Solon still lives but won't go to his burrow. Why not?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:12:17 am by FrisianDude »
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45693 on: January 22, 2016, 09:14:24 am »

Urist McUristurist cancelled everything: Interrupted by vulture x300... Oh well, I guess that was to be expected in the badlands. I just wish, the hunters would simply do their job, because the military is melee-only and there are some above-ground buildings to be finished. Now the mighty outpost "Pulleylengths" grinds to a standstill because 4 stupid birds decided to fly in circles above the river.
Also, more than half of the 129 citizens and 69 guests are stressed, some falling into depression or stumbling about obliviously in regulal intervals. Luckily, there weren't many tantrums so far and all the offenders could be quickly dispatched by the guards and got 50+ days to cool down in prison (when they're very lucky) or a little beating... Geshud, the captain of the guard has very little patience and likes to punch people in the head with superdwarven strength - you guess, how that works out.

On the positive side, everybody has their own 2x2 rooms built from quartzite blocks with a bed and cabinet now and everybody seems to like "The Artificial Violet Eater", the loveliest little tavern in the region, where the booze is flowing and everybody can enjoy a free masterwor ibex spleen roast at the lead tables. I can really imagine the conversations... "Oi, Urist, are you going to the Eater today?" - "Would love to, but theres a really ugly bird 100 meters away, so I'll just mill around aimlessly and annoy the overseer some more..."
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45694 on: January 22, 2016, 09:29:11 am »

Take the hunters off hunting, assemble them into a crossbow squad, get them ammo'd up the wazzoo and station them near where most interruptions happen. Fairly little as amusing as getting jerk-birds crashing down from z +7 to z 0

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45695 on: January 22, 2016, 10:47:01 am »

Brand new build braaaand neeew wooorld. Trying a joyously savage and good mountain biome, other than goats not as hostile as i thought, then the gnomes rolled in and promptly rolled back out again when the damage was done.

Gnomes scared off my caravan by ram raiding it of booze before it even reached the depot, causing the animals to dismount and the wagon to deconstruct. One of the horses mangled a gnome's arm for its troubles by hoofing it hard before running off in a hit and run attack. I sit nervously waiting to see to any diplomatic reprecussions, the elves gave me a small zoo of regular animals but im not bothered and now they sit in a corridor set up for adoption next to my luxury tavern suites.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45696 on: January 22, 2016, 10:52:45 am »

My first attempt at a glacier embark and, of course, a yeti wandered in. I emergency drafted the whole expedition and the miners managed to knock the beast out. Now all seven dwarfs are standing in a ring around the fallen monster, taking turns ineffectively punching it in the head while the war dogs are trying to eat its toes. I fear this will end with the whole expedition dying of exhaustion...

Remove miner labor, go to military and equip pick as specified weapon should help the drafted ex-miner pierce a hole in the yeti skull.
Do similar thing to non-training axe and wood cutter.

Player111444

• Bay Watcher
  • I Fight for Nod!! POWER:30 PEACE:35
    • View Profile
« Reply #45697 on: January 22, 2016, 10:57:08 am »

I just started building my Fort Uristthuveg's walls and towers around it. i think i made it like a nice and fine castle unlike those hoomans' box castles in adventure mode.

Here is the images for it |-|WARNING LARGE IMAGES|-|
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also i have one of my Masons that made a statue of a Goblin named Song Lieband taking out Deduk Fatedglazed the Dwarf's upper left back tooth who is not my dwarf but some random dwarf in the legends that i never heard of.

Then there's this Statue that one of my other Masons made a Gobbo and a Human but this time the Human is Striking down the Gobbo.
thats better though but i wish that Domas McMason didn't made that stupid statue of a goblin dentist taking out a dwarf's tooth out of him.

The Two Statues are in the Mayor's Room along with the statue of the Expedition leader crying on his feet. She shall look into the horrors of Gobbo dentistry along with her husband and their newborn baby boy dwarf...
It's been a long time old friend.

Not a fan of CnC Rivals.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45698 on: January 22, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »

The forgotten beast was absolutely retarded when it came to pathfinding, and never got into the fort. However, its mere presence was a threat I could not ignore, so I had some miners dig near it and sure enough after killing a few of them it bled to death.

I got all the armor I need, and the last bits of obsidian are cast. Now a lot of things have to happen: the obsidian downstairs needs to be cleaned up so there's clear space for other stockpiles, and until that's done I can't start carving out all the rooms (and then smoothing and engraving them, of course). Of course, once that space is clear I need to set up linked workshops as well as stockpiles so that my instrument parts are made from only the most expensive materials, then they all need to link to one stockpile which links to the one workshop that assembles the instruments. At the same time, the smelters need to be upgraded to platinum so that my dwarfs get happy thoughts as they smelt hundreds if not thousands of gold ores. Then the gold needs to be turned into masterwork furniture and encrusted with gems. Oh, and the gems need to be moved downstairs too to make the encrusting go faster. And I still haven't moved all my agriculture down.....busy, busy, busy!
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45699 on: January 22, 2016, 02:51:00 pm »

My modding of goblin attacks has worked. Sort of. I guess. I got the message; a vile farce of dorkness! 5 gobs, of whom 2 crossbow and 2 bow (and a recruit). Given my crummy militia I thought they might be trouble. I unpaused. They left the map. A snatcher appeared! And left the map.

More cassiterite found than anticipated. HM weaponsmith took to secrecy- produced Satozsit Kurel Fazis- a enormous bronze corkscrew! Strokedcrabs the lion of celebrating.

Solon the werebear destroyed a door - in Dwarven form. Done this twice now. Behind the locked door is another locked door. Behind that, a wall. The floodgate might indeed be in trouble.

No liaison thus far.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:18:45 pm by FrisianDude »

Glitchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45700 on: January 22, 2016, 03:06:20 pm »

Further experiments into suitable war animals have continued. Had a free for all between 15 wild humanoids (gecko/mosquito/cockatiel/cheetah woman & men), two trolls, two stray giant kingsnakes, and a semi-megabeast giant ape. Originally, it was to be a test between the giant ape and a minotaur to see which monster was more suitable for the labyrinth I had constructed to eliminate the pesty creatures filling up the cage traps around my entrances, but unfortunately the minotaur's cage mechanism had failed to open due to possible shenanigans with the trolls being released earlier, striking the cage before it could be released.

In any case, the ensuing bloodbath was absolutely ridiculous as each species proceeded to eliminate the other. Had expected the giant ape to win quite easily, but was surprised that it had been beaten by the trolls and strangled by a stray giant kingsnake. One giant kingsnake then proceeded to kill 4 other humanoids before dropping to the ground in exhaustion. Its partner kingsnake was thrown against a wall and smashed by a troll and died, but this remaining kingsnake continued to fight on till all 17 teeth had been knocked out of its mouth. At which point the trolls and the rest of the survivors stopped their fighting and stayed clear of the snake as it fainted. As the fight ended, the giant snake gained the name Inashkeskal. (Organ to Shoot) in dwarfish.

Seeing as the participants were no longer willing to kill each other. An execution squad was sent in to eliminate the remaining survivors. The snake was then rewarded for its meritorious deeds by removing it's pasture status and allowing it to become adopted as a pet. A suitable tomb and mate will be provided for such an excellent animal specimen. Further combat evaluations of giant kingsnakes are pending, but seeing as one can kill a semi-megabest named ape are quite optimistic. The test has also illuminated the fact that intelligent creatures such as the cockatiel women can also improve combat skills and the thought of a master wrestling bird woman has caught my interest. It is regrettable that such tests cannot be done at the present time she was instantaneously decapitated. Provisions to recapture instead of slaying have now been implemented to remove any lingering regrets.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #45701 on: January 22, 2016, 03:32:27 pm »

OH GOD THE FPS IT HURTS

I have no idea how Loud Whispers does it. I can't handle playing at 14 FPS; two seems flat masochistic.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45702 on: January 22, 2016, 03:45:14 pm »

2 is terrible, but I'm alright running at 8. I wish all this damned water would evaporate so I could get back up to 8 FPS.

Do scholars NEED books to do scholar stuff? Does having access to books enhance scholarly duties in any way? I'm making 2 libraries, one public and one private, to protect my books from visiting scholars and it's occurred to me that if I keep all my books in the private library that'll be a lot less micromanagement.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45703 on: January 22, 2016, 03:54:54 pm »

afaIk, no. They do go 'research!' after pocketing one of your books, but sufficient pondering should work

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #45704 on: January 22, 2016, 03:58:05 pm »

The elves showed up with some pitch black and clear blue cloth that they used for stringing their instruments. Any idea on how they obtained said materials? I bought them up, of course, if only for the prestige of owning such.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 3045 3046 [3047] 3048 3049 ... 3842