Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3027 3028 [3029] 3030 3031 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6120592 times)

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45420 on: January 12, 2016, 06:15:27 am »

Infection on the nose or something? If you slab him the slab might say 'died of infection'. Did he go to hospital/ get health checks at all?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #45421 on: January 12, 2016, 08:03:02 am »

Nope. Set up a hospital after I noticed the "pale" marker, it was pretty much ignored.

Might do the slabbing bit later.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45422 on: January 12, 2016, 08:09:32 am »

Ah, goblin dentistry. The finest around.

It's actually more like surgery with teeth than surgery on teeth. And "geldables"!!! Of all the words that could have been chosen, Toady landed on "geldables"?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:29:56 am by Bakaridjan »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45423 on: January 12, 2016, 09:05:58 am »

Well of course. We geld the animals,so they're the geldables.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45424 on: January 12, 2016, 09:54:47 am »

Nope. Set up a hospital after I noticed the "pale" marker, it was pretty much ignored.

Cartilage doesn't heal properly.  If a dwarf gets damaged ears or a nose it'll remain that way, get infected and kill off the dwarf eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45425 on: January 12, 2016, 10:57:12 am »

Cartilage doesn't heal properly.  If a dwarf gets damaged ears or a nose it'll remain that way, get infected and kill off the dwarf eventually.
You can fix that by adding healing rates to it in the save raws. However, the infection never goes away anymore. I have 3 dwarves with infections, they have survived 18 years with it, without the infections progressing. But those are infected fingernails. Not sure about the non-lethality of rotten noses or ears.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45426 on: January 12, 2016, 11:33:16 am »

Ah, goblin dentistry. The finest around.

It's actually more like surgery with teeth than surgery on teeth. And "geldables"!!! Of all the words that could have been chosen, Toady landed on "geldables"?
Well yes, but to bite off an ogre's ogrehood must require some well cared for gnashers, surely?
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45427 on: January 12, 2016, 11:49:05 am »

Shorast Ishlumadil, Potter withdraws from society...
Finally! One of my potters is having a strange mood! I can't wait to see what he makes! With my endless supply of fire clay, it's sure to be extraordinarily valuable!
Shorast Ishlumadil has claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop.
Copulate this homosexual Earth.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45428 on: January 12, 2016, 11:53:45 am »

Pottery isn't moodable.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45429 on: January 12, 2016, 11:56:04 am »

Pottery isn't moodable.
QUINTUPLE COPULATE THIS HOMOSEXUAL EARTH!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45430 on: January 12, 2016, 02:31:33 pm »

There is this one dorf in my fort who keeps on climbing trees... at least once per season, over the last 2 years... I've found him stuck at top of a tree.  It is always the same dorf. 
There are no threats or anything to scare him up the trees.

Also, goblins, so many have come to visit.... my tavern is chock full of em.  I need to expand it or something.  Traffic around the tavern area is pretty horrible.  My 1 goblin mercenary died defending the fort in a goblin invasion.  No mercy was shown, cause they ganged up on him while my other defenders were fighting too.  Apparently he gets to take a coffin, not that I mind.

EDIT: Oh... and my dorfs are worshipping like 5-9 beasts each.  The beasts are way more popular then the pantheon...  I'm not building that many temples.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 02:34:14 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45431 on: January 12, 2016, 02:39:51 pm »

The magma pumps are ready to go, but I'm 99.99% sure that casting this obsidian wall is going to set the surface on fire. I can protect my dwarves with burrows, but in order to protect the caravans of my allies I need to cast it in winter.

I could do it this winter, when the goblins aren't coming. This would force them to come onto the map at a different spot next siege. OR I could do it next winter and burn/melt the invaders alive Boatmurdered style.

Decisions, decisions, decisions....

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45432 on: January 12, 2016, 02:54:18 pm »

A visiting goblin lasher got into an argument with a dwarf citizen. This caused them to fight. Suddenly, half my elite goblin marksmen mercenaries are joining in an existing conflict and fighting my dwarves. The weird thing, they're not enemies of my civilization in their thoughts screen, so it's not a true loyalty cascade.
Apparently, the 'joining in on an existing conflict'  brings it's own type of loyalty issues, and it looks like they're racially motivated.

One of the offending goblin mercenaries is passed out in hospital now, the other is being pummeled by my dwarven militia members, while another dwarf is on it's way to bring him to hospital too. About 5 dwarves are in/on their way to hospital with various broken ribs and missing teeth.

If they resume fighting after being treated, I'll have to savescum :P

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Edward_Tohr

• Bay Watcher
  • Stuffs. Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45433 on: January 12, 2016, 03:03:06 pm »

For the past few seasons, I've had a titan hanging around, killing everything outside the fort.

Well, almost everything.

Unicorns, proving that one horn is better than four since 52.
Quietust, what would we ever do without you and your endless knowledge of v0.23a?
I was going to say "fail spectacularly", but you guys seem to be doing a great job of that already.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45434 on: January 12, 2016, 03:07:40 pm »

Hmmwell, it seems to have ended well after all. I'll have to watch some dwarves and goblins, see if they don't get infected, but everyone has stopped fighting. The instigator visiting lasher is humping home with a foot, ankle, and false rib mangled beyond recognition.
My corpse stockpile is overflowing with dwarf teeth.

EDIT: Ugh. Dumb goblin poet why u stand under the dump zone.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:16:35 pm by martinuzz »

Pages: 1 ... 3027 3028 [3029] 3030 3031 ... 3842