Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 3841

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6068727 times)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45105 on: January 02, 2016, 02:48:34 pm »

Am building a bridge over two world-tiles to connect two continents. Need only 100~ more floors build before the west part is done...

But for some reason this fort keeps getting 2-yos as the target for the strange moods. I have one four year old girl that became a legendary woodcrafter through making an artifact sandal at age 2, and the other is a two year old legendary bonecrafster who made a bone table... Well, at the least both have their dreams realised.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #45106 on: January 02, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »

A weregila monster attacked and killed about 10 dwarves early in my fortress. You know things are going downhill when you have to tell your miners to stop digging new tunnels so they can start crafting coffins...

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45107 on: January 02, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »

I've got two magma smelters and a magma forge going up top, - starting now to forge in earnest since I'm not limited to a handful of coal chunks.

Had one child go insane but not from a mood... near as I can figure it was lack of clothes, something I'd forgotten to make.  Making them in earnest now, prepared to trade inferior stuff to caravans.

Watching FPS quickly dwindle from 50 to 10, but I'm not sure what's changed, except armor and cloths are now being made in quantity.

//Torrenal

Goblins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45108 on: January 02, 2016, 03:13:35 pm »

Created a fort in a Joyous Wilds region near a necromancer tower with a volcano.  I have not been sieged yet but have been unsuccessful in finding any iron; only copper.  Should I abandon the search for iron and just make copper weapons or continue on?  I also need some ideas on what I should do in this fortress.  Something exciting and !!FUN!!...

In other news flooding the caverns is !!FUN!!.  I hope it starts to trickle down into the next cavern layer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Potter is going into a strange mood and I haven't the materials for him.  Guess we'll see what happens!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 03:18:51 pm by Goblins »
Edit: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A goblin just got gelded by a copper mace in a weapon trap! This game is the greatest.
Urist McLeader stopped eating Kitten Tripe : Creating God

Tatjam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45109 on: January 02, 2016, 03:36:39 pm »

Today i discovered that two dwarven miners digging at the same time will always manage to kill eachother...

Never mine and channel at the same time, as your legendary+5 miner will always manage to stand on the tile the other miner is channeling, possibly causing major damage...

Mining wells is fun...

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45110 on: January 02, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »

Aaaaand now I've got a lady residing in my fortress. She's actually a normal resident and has already gotten citizenship.

Rocksinged, seat of all human nobility.
They must really love my booze and masterful prepared meals.

PS: I really miss getting Dwarven Caravans.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:07:22 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45111 on: January 02, 2016, 04:42:30 pm »

Somewhere, somehow, I have an erroneous or duplicate raw entry that has made an unusual change...

Jabberers are HUGE. Whale sized. Not just that, but they are made of "Frozen unknown creature substance egg yolk chops", whatever that might be. Whatever it is, I have literally thousands of the stuff being cooked into mystery pie thanks to one that fell afoul of my military.
This is a blank sig.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45112 on: January 02, 2016, 05:30:41 pm »

I love my weaponsmiths.

Construction of the pumpstack has started; let's hope nothing goes wrong...
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45113 on: January 02, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »

Wow, I actually got sparring reports. And I'm not even out of booze.

It's not just goblin vs goblin. There's another 5 page report of my macelord dwarf sparring with a goblin

EDIT: also, hotdamn! That's a nice golden globe you got there
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 05:48:12 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45114 on: January 02, 2016, 06:04:20 pm »

Somewhere, somehow, I have an erroneous or duplicate raw entry that has made an unusual change...

Jabberers are HUGE. Whale sized. Not just that, but they are made of "Frozen unknown creature substance egg yolk chops", whatever that might be. Whatever it is, I have literally thousands of the stuff being cooked into mystery pie thanks to one that fell afoul of my military.
It is terrifying.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #45115 on: January 02, 2016, 06:06:44 pm »

I love my weaponsmiths.

It was inevitable.

EDIT: Oh, about my fort?

I've made it a plan to regularly gather ALL THE PLANTS!

I have a hella lot of herbalists at my fort.

I decided to actually try to defend my fort for a change by adding several sets of doors and a drawbridge and lever combo at my enterance. My Trade Depot is outside so it should be fine.

Got farm plots outside so I can farm my food too when the gathered plants run out (haha like that'll ever fucking happen anytime soon oh shit I just tempted fate).

Haven't really bothered searching for useful metals, any tips on how to find metals? I found casserite (ore of tin), but that's not really good for a whole lot aside from crafts - who ever heard of tin swords or tin armor? Tinfoil maybe but...

Fisherdwarves keep arriving along with my migrants, and I keep having to assign them other jobs because there is nothing to catch in the swamps. A couple of peasants arrived. A surprising amount of people seem to have military skills (or maybe it seems that way just because military skills appear to show up first in the menu).

Toying around with taverns and libraries. Since it was big enough, I moved the food and booze stockpile into the tavern itself. I've considered adding rooms to my tavern so I can rent them out or something...

So, no-one died yet. An animal got stung by a bee and one of the herbalists was able to beat a rattlesnake to death with their bare hands (good job by the way), but that was it.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 06:18:34 pm by AzyWng »

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45116 on: January 02, 2016, 06:11:49 pm »

What. Just what. I don't know what to think anymore.

A mechanic wandered into a danger room carrying a glass pot full of prepared meals. He started using the pot as a weapon and just batted each and every attack away with it. As a result he grew attached to the pot and is now listed as it's owner.

To further add to the WTF factor he also became a miner few seconds later. He is now a Grand Master Miner when earlier he didn't have any experience at all in mining.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45117 on: January 02, 2016, 06:14:51 pm »

Aaaaand now I've got a lady residing in my fortress. She's actually a normal resident and has already gotten citizenship.
Aaaaand... she's dead!

First titan I got in this fort killed a hunting Dyer ... I should really check the labors they have enabled ... and her.
Well. Meh. Damn squishy humans. Now she resides in my coffin stockpile-room graveyard.

Luckily my military did quite a fine job and disposed of the poisonous-bite titan quite nicely.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45118 on: January 02, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »

DON'T FEED THE CRUNDLES

A crundle with a special taste for dwarven digits just took out two middle fingers and one thumb on 3 of my civilians, by punching and exploding them into gore, before a fourth dwarf came along and killed it.

Good practice for my medical team I guess. I do hope my legendary armor crafter can still do his job with 9 fingers, but I think he can.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45119 on: January 02, 2016, 06:38:43 pm »

Had a devastating siege where goblins climbed down the hillside and shot a bunch of civilians in the courtyard, including my chief medical dwarf. There were several deaths and lots of injuries, but the farmer I drafted for medical service performed well. I went back and walled off that portion of the hill and will station people there, just in case, for the next siege. I could have prevented that earlier, but I sat around waiting for them to path through my open doors. Oops.

In other news, I have my first fort for this version with a tavern, temple, and library. It's really cool to see the dwarves do more than just endlessly toil or loiter. I get such nerdy pleasure seeing my dwarves reading and writing books!
Pages: 1 ... 3006 3007 [3008] 3009 3010 ... 3841