Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6080623 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45090 on: January 02, 2016, 09:22:14 am »

Those goblins, er...sent you a present? D:
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45091 on: January 02, 2016, 09:37:12 am »

Probably to entertain the 10 or so goblin mercenaries that have been flooding in ever since I openened a tavern for visitors a year ago.

I have my own squad of elite goblin marksmen now mwuhahaha. They be wearing steel.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45092 on: January 02, 2016, 09:40:03 am »

Any way of confirming if they're human-raised goblins versus natives? o3o

Well, aside from the fact that goblin natives should be too hostile to become visitors, but after horse adventurers you learn to expect the weirdest of things.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #45093 on: January 02, 2016, 09:41:52 am »

I think it's probably a goblin captured by humans. Slaves are pretty much treated like regular people in worldgen.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45094 on: January 02, 2016, 09:46:33 am »

Oh that is weird. First time I can recall seeing a reverse snatching. o3o
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #45095 on: January 02, 2016, 09:54:10 am »

You think that's weird? Captured goblin snatchers will still snatch children, but they'll bring them to the human capitol instead.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45096 on: January 02, 2016, 09:56:48 am »

First day of spring, the elves sent 9 squads to ambush me. 9! And just when I'd cleaned out the corpse stockpile too! These weapon traps are life-savers, I tell you. Also, considering that the human and elf nations are at war with each other, they sure did bring a lot of human friends with them.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45097 on: January 02, 2016, 09:58:23 am »

You think that's weird? Captured goblin snatchers will still snatch children, but they'll bring them to the human capitol instead.

Snatchception.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45098 on: January 02, 2016, 12:57:29 pm »

I'm BORED. I've already dug up all those ores and gems I've stumbled on. I guess I'll be building that pumpstack after all. Problem is, I can't build it directly over the cavern lake - I'm going to have to build an empty reservoir under the pumpstack and let the cavern lake flow into it. That's not going to slow down pump output, is it?

ARMOK'S BALL-BEARD, THE GIANT TOADS JUST HAD ANOTHER EXPLOSION OF TWINS AND TRIPLETS. Looks like the butchers are going to be working overtime.....
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #45099 on: January 02, 2016, 01:06:29 pm »

Nothing's happening. The caverns are quiet - I think I killed everything interesting down there. Even caught myself a Shelob.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45100 on: January 02, 2016, 01:08:41 pm »

Nothing's happening. The caverns are quiet - I think I killed everything interesting down there. Even caught myself a Shelob.

Give it time. Glorious forgotten beasts will ensue.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Hellzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45101 on: January 02, 2016, 02:20:08 pm »

Any way of confirming if they're human-raised goblins versus natives? o3o

Check their thoughts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Realm of Monasteries being the human civ in my small world - which you can look up without checking legends if you've exported worldgen info.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #45102 on: January 02, 2016, 02:21:27 pm »

I figured that, yeah. Wouldn't work for mere visitors though.
On DF Wiki ˇ On DFFD

Shurikane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.shurikane.com
« Reply #45103 on: January 02, 2016, 02:28:29 pm »

My stress spiral at the moment:

10 - Dwarves are stressed from seeing too many goblin corpses
20 - Get sieged
30 - Random-ass militia wanders outside for no reason and either dies mierably or kills the siegers
40 - Dwarves all run outside to retrieve the corpses
50 - GOTO 10

Having a waterfall doesn't compensate for the spiral.  In fact, my waterfall and its reactor are currently out of commission because some fucking idiot left an artifact bucket on top of the water wheel and nobody wants to pick it up.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45104 on: January 02, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »

This just happened.

So...one of my long-term residents has become a law-giver of a human kingdom which I don't even have contact to (apparently there are no human civs in range of my fortress, I was sure there was when I embarked, but when I looked again I only had elves, goblins and kobolds besides dwarves)...

I hope she wants to become a normal resident of my fortress, a lot of the long-term residents have applied for citizenship lately. Overall I have about 1/3 of my population being long-term residents actually (~50 out of ~150). Just look at that crowded tavern...42 of the 58 tavern rooms are rented currently.
Would be funny to have a human kingdom be ruled from my fortress. Wonder if she also needs a proper room and all.

Also...
Anyone got any idea why dwarves won't carry remains of a caravan to the stockpiles? There seems to have been a caravan accident and a pile of (rather good) stuff is lying around a bit away from the fortress since forever, but no-one goes there and moves it inside - the meltable stuff I could and did melt and everything that could be used in jobs has been used, but clothing for example is still out there.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.
Pages: 1 ... 3005 3006 [3007] 3008 3009 ... 3842