Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3002 3003 [3004] 3005 3006 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6084572 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #45045 on: December 31, 2015, 07:19:20 pm »

As a gift for this new year, the dwarves finally found it in the magma sea.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45046 on: December 31, 2015, 07:37:20 pm »

I thought my outpost liaison was bugged. Didn't leave. Spent all winter in my fort. Suddenly, early spring, he decided to leave after all. Weirdness.
He's lucky though, I was preparing an unfortunate accident to get him replaced.

I'm finding that liaisons linger for a while after their meeting with the mayor.  Possibly to liaise with the other dwarves of the fort?

--

I'm now staring down my first proper 0.4x siege, consisting of 90+ critters.  Beak dogs, trolls, about half of the goblins equipped with bows or crossbows...

4 cage traps were not enough.  TBH, I'd designated 8, all I had mechanisms for at the time, but only 4 were finished and loaded at the time of the invasion. My watchtower is incomplete and inaccessible.

I've got currently 100 dwarves.  44 of them kids (atom smasher, you said?).  Lots of ore, limited wood (thus limited charcoal and limited weapons/armor), questionable lava access (My miner that went down to dig it out never came back and died of dehydration.  Nobody has thought to retrieve his corpse)

I'm safely turtled, but man, that's a lot of goblinite.

It shal be a neat trick to mine it all.

//Torrenal

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #45047 on: December 31, 2015, 07:47:48 pm »

Is it just me, or are Giant Olms and Giant Toads having way more twins and triplets than they were before? Because I'm suffering from explosions of them.

Neither ever had the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45048 on: December 31, 2015, 08:30:00 pm »

The Oat of Graves in Copperfell has become the hot new party place of The Oracular Planet. Currently the tavern has 42 guests lounging around, and more arrive almost each day. Word really does get around.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45049 on: December 31, 2015, 08:34:04 pm »

Is it just me, or are Giant Olms and Giant Toads having way more twins and triplets than they were before? Because I'm suffering from explosions of them.

True, but I am getting craptons of twins and triplets, more than anything I've ever seen with that tag.

OH SHIT, JUST GOT AN ELF AMBUSH!
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45050 on: December 31, 2015, 09:36:19 pm »

I noticed some elk birds wandering around in my first cavern (no water at all; fortunately the other two caverns have water and plants).  So I built a straight tunnel into it, set up 4 cage traps in series, a puppy on a rope near them as bait, and waited.

After making a bunch of elk bird roasts and elk bird tallow soap, I got two giant cave spiders.  Both female.  I'll have to figure out what to do with them.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45051 on: December 31, 2015, 10:24:03 pm »

I really, really wish that children could not get moods. I don't need that many stonecrafters.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tatjam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45052 on: December 31, 2015, 10:58:00 pm »

Started a new fort in the new update, after about 2 years a werebeast (werellama, quite dangerous actually) came, I had a nice little (but useless) militia, with barely 1 month of training, only skilled at dashing.

I am lucky, the human caravan (full of highly skilled soldiers) was in my trade depot (right next to the entrance), and they killed the beast while my soldiers were all dashing his attacks (An axedwarf dealt the finishing hit tho) ...
Wonder if I could somewhat trap the caravan inside so they work as a "trap"  :P

Also, some humans in the caravan got bitten, wonder if any world event will be generated...

Edit: Wagon        Deceased 

I will possibly have some *diplomatical* problems with the humans

Cheers!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 11:13:44 pm by Tatjam »

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #45053 on: December 31, 2015, 11:11:05 pm »

The elves had sent two squads to ambush me; they dodged my stone traps with ease, but were hacked to pieces in my weapon traps. Then a forgotten beast showed up; fortunately it was only a winged blob made of steam with no special attacks and it was destroyed by 2 punches from my mayor.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45054 on: January 01, 2016, 06:21:38 am »

True, but I am getting craptons of twins and triplets, more than anything I've ever seen with that tag.

I'm currently drowning in Giant Cave Spiders. I don't remember them being this... fertile in earlier versions.

One of them is in "Distracted" state. What could possibly distract a gigantic arthropod with no ambitions besides feeding and mating?
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #45055 on: January 01, 2016, 06:50:23 am »

Insufficient access to abstract thought and not having a temple, for to pray to Peter Parker.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #45056 on: January 01, 2016, 07:10:41 am »

I got another case of Forgotten Beast coming, already killed a dozen through all those years of my fortress existence

Oh a web spitter this time, i killed one already earlier without a problem, but just in case, let's send the full of my military force , 50 experienced soldiers everyone is full iron-armored with lots of steel and iron weapons, lots of legendary guys there.
At least even if the fight will be a joke, it will help to train the guys that aren't yet legendary.

And wow, how wrong i was

That was no Forgotten Beast !  it was an ultra-powered Forgotten Beast !
Several legendary warriors have been lost, it was an insane bloodbath, until one of the less skilled and experienced macedwarf (only Accomplished skilled) killed the damned thing of horrible evil by ... bashing its left front foot and bruising the muscle ? (strangest killing strike i saw in DF)

Wow, just wow, that single thing killed more dwarves in a few mintues than all the thousands of gob/troll/megabeasts/semi-megabeast/forgotten beasts that invaded my fort in the +15 years of its existence.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2016, 07:27:25 am by Robsoie »

HiddenEyes056

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh my gosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45057 on: January 01, 2016, 07:13:18 am »

A while back, my fort was attacked by a wererhino. I locked the two unfortunate dwarves that got bit by it into a small vault, to contemplate pulleys or whatever for the rest of their days. Every month they would transform and stand around, likely contemplating tearing my dwarves in half with aforementioned pulleys. Now that I've updated to 42.04, the first thing they did upon transforming was tear each other to pieces. Well, at the very least, their clothes fell off rather than sort of mysteriously vanishing, so that's nice.
So basically the Mountainhomes is now sending complimentary cheese dip with every caravan.
A named spider who died centuries before I even played was helping rescue kids I had in fact rescued.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45058 on: January 01, 2016, 08:27:43 am »

Webbing FB are too OP. They killed my entire steelclad legendary military too. RIP 24 legendaries. Every last one of them got their heads bitten and shaken off. Damn Pterodactyl webber FB. Their AI is just too mean. They constantly spray webs, and grab. If they grab any other part than the head, they release and grab again. If they get hold of the head, they'll start shaking it until it's ripped off.

Also, how the hell can 6 dwarves get stuck on 1 tile, on the same web :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45059 on: January 01, 2016, 09:02:06 am »

so new year and and good news for my fort built on dead kobolds.
that it's possible to control retired adventurers on to your fort... if they start at that fort.
couldn't test out if I need to move said adventurer there to get them to work or not because the third one I did that Died in my snake lady adventurer's room.
so that meant she had a dead elephantman for ... I think 2 weeks and no one noticed.
currently hoping I get a ghost out of the deal so I can test out if ghost adventurer's are a thing. or that you can skip ghosts by retiring and unretiring a fort.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 3002 3003 [3004] 3005 3006 ... 3842