Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2987 2988 [2989] 2990 2991 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6089796 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44820 on: December 23, 2015, 10:10:35 pm »

The siege has been repulsed. Only maybe a single squad. What's weird is that there were no thieves or ambushes. 1 captive goblin, 4 dead ones, the remaining half-dozen or so fled. Simply let them approach the entrance and give them a watchtower full of markdwarves to enjoy.

Decided I'd let my squad of foreign mercs play with the dying remnants of the siege. Naturally the commissar in charge of the squad, and thus the only native dorf (fucked if I know why mercs can't lead squads) got there first and stole one of the two kills to be had. -_-

Oh well. One of the humans, a hammerwoman, got to claim the other goblin at least.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Henry47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44821 on: December 24, 2015, 12:46:04 am »

I captured a Cyclops and a goblin siege in my cage traps, strangely enough the cyclops now shows up as a caged guest, rather than a caged prisoner
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Needless to say i am not going to be letting him into my tavern anytime soon.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44822 on: December 24, 2015, 12:48:59 am »

I could've sworn megabeasts used to be "unwanted guests" for quite some time.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44823 on: December 24, 2015, 01:04:32 am »

I have no idea what just happened: I knew something was up when it started to say that Urist cancelled job because of Stonecrafter or Mechanic, so I went over to see what was up, and these fellas were just punching people. Unfortunately, someone attacked the wrong someone else, as the fledgling army got involved and one of the soldiers cut someone in half. That soldier's fellow guardsmen turned on her and cut one of her arms and one of her legs off. Fortunately, things have died down a little, two of the soldiers are guarding their newly delimbed compatriot as she lies in her hospital bed and try to cut her into pieces, but that's more or less it.
Is that a tantrum spiral?
We've got three or four dead, thirty dwarves badly shaken, a couple hospitalized. I think we can shake it. I'll wait for the trauma to appear in the art.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44824 on: December 24, 2015, 01:12:12 am »

I smell a loyalty cascade.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44825 on: December 24, 2015, 01:14:59 am »

@Random_Dragon
How do I prevent these?

Shofet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44826 on: December 24, 2015, 01:16:45 am »

So I accidentally abandoned my fort, luckily i had a back up which was a retire.

This was my first time un retiring a fort. I had a were-chameleon former queen in a cage in my dining hall. I unpause the game and she strolls right out of it, all friendly like.

I hastily draft all the dwarves in the room, and set them loose on her. None of the dwarves had weapons, that is, besides their +iron goblets+ .

Goblets are awesome. I think next time Ill go for all silver and platinum, give them some extra weight.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #44827 on: December 24, 2015, 01:28:55 am »

Fellhex is critically short on skilled weaponsmiths.  One of my long term resident bards just had a secretive mood and gave me an artifact axe.  I know you signed up to sing in the tavern, Mel, but you're a smith now.  With petitioning for citizenship bugged, I'm willing to use Dwarf Therapist to activate labors on a few residents.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44828 on: December 24, 2015, 01:33:43 am »

The second caverns are....empty. Utterly empty. Sure, there's trees and plants, but no animals except for that one large rat I spotted a while back. How can this be? Sure, I deleted a number of annoying creatures from the raws, but there should be plenty of creatures to roam down here. Am I being punished for tampering with the raws? In any event, the giant olms and giant toads seem to be compensating for this by pumping out unbelievable numbers of twins and triplets. Soon, it will be time to cull the males and bring in those oh so lovely high value bones.......

I moved the locations of my mason shops and mechanic shops. Now they are converting stones into useful items much faster. Block production is up, so perhaps obsidian casting will be achieved in good time.

Interesting thing I noticed: the 5x6 space I intend to fill with giant axe blades is actually a 5x7 space. And I was so close, too.....oh well, what's another 50 axe blades?
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44829 on: December 24, 2015, 01:39:38 am »

@Random_Dragon
How do I prevent these?

In a nutshell? Biggest thing is to be careful who you order killed. Prevention is your friend. Especially be leery of werebeasts, if you give a kill order they have been known to cause a loyalty cascade if they un-transform and reveal themselves as a former member of your civilization.

Beyond that...isolate the involved dwarves from the citizen before the divide worsens. Big thing to watch out for is dwarves that no longer show up as being citizens, but some of the afflicted dwarves will remain under your control.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44830 on: December 24, 2015, 01:42:56 am »

I captured a Cyclops and a goblin siege in my cage traps, strangely enough the cyclops now shows up as a caged guest, rather than a caged prisoner
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Needless to say i am not going to be letting him into my tavern anytime soon.

Megabeasts and Forgotten Beasts show up in the units list as "Uninvited Guest" (have been for a long time), and will show up as "Caged Guest" when captured.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #44831 on: December 24, 2015, 02:07:04 am »

Human siege!  At least 40 soldiers from the Kingdom of Rawness (symbol: two forgotten beasts), and a pack of war dogs.  I guess my shiny new artifact axe has a bit of work to do!

With some difficulty, I persuaded a weaver that this is not a good time to stroll out and take a bath at the river.  That's what the well down in the caverns is for.  Clearly I need to finish flooring over the river, so it stops luring my citizens outside the walls during invasions.
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44832 on: December 24, 2015, 02:21:45 am »

You know what's almost as bad as accidentally opening a hollow vein of pure Fun? Carefully puzzling out the areas of said vein that are safe to mine out, only to hit a random pocket of magma wrapped up inside the safely-accessible part of the vein.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

AMTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44833 on: December 24, 2015, 04:26:06 am »

A Hydra saved my fort from a necromancer siege
I mean, now I can't go outside because there is a hydra there, but there isn't an undead army anyore

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44834 on: December 24, 2015, 05:35:29 am »

Well would you look at that, the goblins are back, and they brought trolls and beakdogs! There must be 300 fo them in all, and they're running straight for the trapline! Oh, what a wonderful day!
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)
Pages: 1 ... 2987 2988 [2989] 2990 2991 ... 3842