Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2957 2958 [2959] 2960 2961 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6092962 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44370 on: December 09, 2015, 03:48:52 pm »

You have a skunk lady. That should be more than enough to clear out a tavern
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #44371 on: December 09, 2015, 05:01:36 pm »

I have decided to retire Bronzemark, my .34 fort which I last played 3 years ago, in an attempt to learn the latest version.
It was a dawn of time embark, and lasted 17 game years.
This is the dorf I will miss the most:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monom began her career by stabbing Bim Brandwheels in the head with a spear while he was throwing tantrum, and immediately I thought this is a dorf to watch. After joining the guard, she lost her right hand to a kobold thief trying to prevent it stealing the amassed wealth of the Bronzemark. Over the years she rose through the military, eventually joining the ranks of the elite Siegebreakers and gaining access to adamantine equipment, and being named Champion.
She has gained a reputation for defeating her foes with ruthless efficiency, usually by taking out their legs/feet and then stabbing them in the head while they're on the ground.
Armok preserve you, Monom, in whatever realm you end up.

There are a couple Forgotten Beasts hanging around in the caverns, one a giant fire-breathing tick that has had most of its legs shot off by a passing hunter, and something else that I can't remember.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

Bakaridjan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44372 on: December 09, 2015, 05:11:05 pm »

You have a skunk lady. That should be more than enough to clear out a tavern

I know right? Exactly what I was thinking? I was hoping maybe the Ettin would try squeezing her or something.

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44373 on: December 09, 2015, 06:01:31 pm »

my carpenter is telling a story to my bookkeeper
"In the late spring of 126, the dwarf Litast Mindfulsabre became the bookkeeper of The Bearded Cats of Knowledge"
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44374 on: December 09, 2015, 06:12:19 pm »

Playing with a new defensive strategy. On the first level it's a standard castle style above ground structure with a dry moat.
When the bridge is raised the gobbos have to go into the channel to try and scale the walls. If they fall they land right on top of an upright spike. 
If they get to the top my dwarves are waiting in the tower and when the doors are opened they get bumrushed before they can rally their forces.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44375 on: December 09, 2015, 07:00:48 pm »

Today I remembered how much I hate the new trees for punching holes in my ceiling.

Ah well, I guess that the room can serve as an outdoor farm with some refitting :P
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Speakafreak22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44376 on: December 09, 2015, 07:38:35 pm »

Got around to making a spike pit for prisoners (Only just caged animals because of the bug). I've been throwing crundles down there and spamming the lever. Only one spike per trap to make it extra gory.
Quick question, is there a way to make falling things fall directly into a spike without me having to spam the lever?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44377 on: December 09, 2015, 08:05:10 pm »

how did you mod your game?
Twas' quite simple. I opened up Dwarf Fortress.exe in a hex-editor, and replaced [NAME:forgotten beast:forgotten beasts:forgotten beast] with [APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:FORGOTTEN]
I then made the following creature variation:
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_VARIATION:FORGOTTEN]
[CV_NEW_TAG:EVIL]
[CV_NEW_TAG:COMMON_DOMESTIC]
[CV_NEW_TAG:CANOPENDOORS]
[CV_NEW_TAG:PET]
[CV_NEW_TAG:MOUNT]
[CV_NEW_TAG:NAME:forgotten beast:forgotten beasts:forgotten beast]

The new update is a boon in regards to modding procedurally generated creatures. In addition to the [EVIL]-[COMMON_DOMESTIC] combination allowing for goblin specific pets, [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE] allows you to adventure as a number of random monstrosities.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44378 on: December 09, 2015, 08:30:07 pm »

Created a world where Goblins were at war with Dwarves.  Embarked, waited until my fort had a population of exactly 80 dwarves, got a siege next season.

180 enemies.  Goblins riding Beak Dogs, as well as Trolls.  Largest single siege I've ever seen in DF, and the first one to arrive.  Good times!   :o

Scott Cee

• Bay Watcher
  • a medium-sized humanoid prone to procrastination
    • View Profile
« Reply #44379 on: December 09, 2015, 08:36:21 pm »

So, um, I've decided to wait until more bugs are worked out before trying to start a new fort.

In the meantime, the queen had a tantrum, went mad, and then Monom stabbed her in the head.
And then there was a siege, and now Monom has 91 notable kills. Also I now have an axelord and an elite marksdwarf. Which is nice.
The siege killed one wrestler, and one child.
Scott Cee Cancels Sleep : Playing Dwarf Fortress

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44380 on: December 09, 2015, 08:50:21 pm »

my weaponsmith just made an artifact silver.... crossbow.... it couldent have been the most badass warhammer ever could it have been? whatever now i have a legendary weaponsmish
oh also the crossbow has a picture of itself on itself

the image of it probably has an image of it on an image of it ect.
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44381 on: December 09, 2015, 08:56:53 pm »

New fort's been pretty uneventful. Well, there was that berserk armorer that got strangled to death by a cheese-maker, but other than that, things are good.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44382 on: December 09, 2015, 09:23:29 pm »

my weaponsmith just made an artifact silver.... crossbow.... it couldent have been the most badass warhammer ever could it have been? whatever now i have a legendary weaponsmish
oh also the crossbow has a picture of itself on itself

the image of it probably has an image of it on an image of it ect.

When a marksdwarf gets into melee combat they use their crossbow as a weapon. The use of the crossbow as a melee weapon is governed by the warhammer skill. That sir is a warhammer so badass that it also shoots bolts.

thriggle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44383 on: December 09, 2015, 09:46:14 pm »

My snailman vampire wrestler succeeded in wiping out the necromancers from their tower. He couldn't read, but he figured the dwarves of Lordknife might appreciate the multitude of texts he plundered, so he dropped them off in their library.

Fast forward to now, with Lordknife unretired, and I have a Bone Carver reading "Choose The Afterlife."  This is gonna be good.

Ysyua

• Bay Watcher
  • .- ... - .-. ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #44384 on: December 09, 2015, 10:20:03 pm »

My snailman vampire wrestler succeeded in wiping out the necromancers from their tower. He couldn't read, but he figured the dwarves of Lordknife might appreciate the multitude of texts he plundered, so he dropped them off in their library.

Fast forward to now, with Lordknife unretired, and I have a Bone Carver reading "Choose The Afterlife."  This is gonna be good.

Proceed.
Quote from: Ysyua
I had a trog give birth while scaling a wall. Just before one of my crossdorfs loosed a bolt at her. The trog baby drowned.
They said the walls were impregnable. You didn't have to prove me wrong by giving birth on them.
Pages: 1 ... 2957 2958 [2959] 2960 2961 ... 3842