Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5969541 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #44220 on: December 05, 2015, 08:41:09 pm »

Unfortunately in the case i had, it's not working, the dwarves could take specific weapon and specific shield but completely ignore the specific helm i assigned manually to them, even "replace clothing" does nothing for that case.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44221 on: December 05, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »

That's odd. Hm.

New version time means new fort time, and dealing with ASCII for awhile. Whee \o\ Now for Worship to stop being silly, hopefully.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #44222 on: December 05, 2015, 09:13:17 pm »

I dug down to cavern level before the first wave, but forgot to plug it back up.

Long story short, a dwarf avoided getting webbed by a GCS and punched said spider in the face so hard that it exploded. I'm throughly pleased.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44223 on: December 05, 2015, 09:47:28 pm »

I dug down to cavern level before the first wave, but forgot to plug it back up.

Long story short, a dwarf avoided getting webbed by a GCS and punched said spider in the face so hard that it exploded. I'm throughly pleased.
Most badass dwarf ever.

I started my 42.02 fort up, and it's name? Boathailed. I'm tempted to do write-ups for this because that name can only mean terrible things are to come.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44224 on: December 05, 2015, 11:52:23 pm »

Got an artifact that surprised me by its value considering the description is nothing much, just a bone spear encrusted with some diorite cabochon , decorate with bone and menaces with spikes of yellow and clear zircon .

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44225 on: December 06, 2015, 01:18:09 am »

Got this announcement:

The Decent Critters, a performance troupe, is visiting.

Turns out to be a bunch of Elf Dancers and Elf Poets (six in total).  They have 12 books with them, and I want to copy them, but... it doesn't seem possible..  :|

Torrenal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44226 on: December 06, 2015, 01:49:57 am »

Started a new fort for the new version, mostly cause of the the new version has fixes relevant to worldgen...

I got migrants.  Yeah, a pair of adults and 3 kids.

Yeah.  Lots of stuff to haul, build, burn, cook, prepare, brew, etc, etc, etc, two more mouths to help make it all happen, and three more to sit back and watch.

Now that I'm not facing aquifer trouble, I am having better luck with my non-central-stairshaft fortress design.  I'm hoping it helps with pathing and keeping FPS up.

Edit: zomg1  - the kids are all doing Play Make Believe
Edit2: And euphoric due to inebriation  XD
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 01:52:33 am by Torrenal »

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44227 on: December 06, 2015, 03:34:30 am »

Fortress visitors + Zombies + Reanimating Biome + Airlocks and Zombie-Squashing Drawbridges = Constant, constant Fun.
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44228 on: December 06, 2015, 03:55:53 am »

My manager is in my temple, meditating on suicide. Is there something you wanna tell me, dude?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #44229 on: December 06, 2015, 06:16:18 am »

Well, sounds like there needs to be a real Dwarf Therapist.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44230 on: December 06, 2015, 06:31:35 am »

Another illogically designed industrial area and now it's time to decide on habitat area design.

And preparing tavern area.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #44231 on: December 06, 2015, 08:32:32 am »

One of my dwarves was sleeping in the corpse stockpile. I am unsure how I should feel about this.

SirFinbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44232 on: December 06, 2015, 08:40:47 am »

Another illogically designed industrial area...

This thoroughly resonates with me.

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44233 on: December 06, 2015, 08:54:26 am »

Playing as a Goblin fort. I dug a hole in the ground, moved all my beak dogs and trolls in, made some barracks and everyone is sleeping in a big bedroom (No time for "muh sleeping surrounded by people" needs, NEED TO STRIKE THE EARTH). Goblins can't make steel or any complicated reaction, so my only weapon-grade stuff is Iron, Bronze and Copper. Fortuantedly, I'm surrounded by limonite, so I can get all the Iron I want.

So far 50ish Gobbos, got a Major (Called "Lord" by this mod, for some reason) and my main export is prepared food (Cheese Roast a best). The merchants (Only goblins) bring really crappy stuff because goblins, and I can only buy beak dogs and trolls from them (If they ever bring them).

Also, I can't make booze, so I can't make taverns and recruit mercenaries/entertainers because no booze. And my gobbos get bad thoughts because they can't drink alcohol. Anyone knows any workaround? No dwarf or human caravans because they hate me.

Also, I made a temple but there are just no gods at all. I guess it's understandable because they are goblins, not dwarves. Atheist Fortress I guess

*tips fedora*

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44234 on: December 06, 2015, 09:24:59 am »

How do you tell which gos a temple worships after you make it anyway?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 2947 2948 [2949] 2950 2951 ... 3839