Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6099433 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #43545 on: October 26, 2015, 02:03:23 pm »

Welp trying to make a fort. Surrounded by tree hump- I mean elves, humans, goblins, towers, and all in a rocky wasteland with little trees...hmmmm gonna have fun
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #43546 on: October 26, 2015, 02:09:05 pm »

Welp trying to make a fort. Surrounded by tree hump- I mean elves, humans, goblins, towers, and all in a rocky wasteland with little trees...hmmmm gonna have fun
- No trees
- No elves to piss off

You messed up.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #43547 on: October 26, 2015, 02:24:33 pm »

- No trees
- No elves to piss off

You messed up.
oh, there are some, just not many, hmmm now to build a giant dwarf out of ginko logs.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43548 on: October 26, 2015, 04:11:59 pm »

For how much the wiki hypes up the blind cave ogres, I am disappointed. The wiki says blind cave ogres "can easily kill even the most seasoned of warrior dwarves in single combat". My non-armored, dabbling swordsdwarf took one out in two hits with an iron short sword. Sure he is a rather strong dorf but still, blind cave ogres need to drink some protein shakes or something.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43549 on: October 26, 2015, 04:19:10 pm »

For how much the wiki hypes up the blind cave ogres, I am disappointed. The wiki says blind cave ogres "can easily kill even the most seasoned of warrior dwarves in single combat". My non-armored, dabbling swordsdwarf took one out in two hits with an iron short sword. Sure he is a rather strong dorf but still, blind cave ogres need to drink some protein shakes or something.

All big humanoid monsters are pushovers at the moment. Try reanimating or huskifying them to stop them embarrassing themselves.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43550 on: October 26, 2015, 05:32:23 pm »

I think I've finally done it. There's no more fleshballs, mudmen or bloodmen; I have at last succeeded in eliminating all life from the third cavern floor. One down, two to go.....

In other news, I have found reason to believe that the Great Obsidian Block will not support grazers, and saw that my meat stocks have dropped to reasonable levels; as such, I have ordered all my adult water buffalos, llamas and alpacas slaughtered. A number of tapirs were slaughtered as well, though I will hold off on completely slaughtering them until I have them at expert level. The Dralthas are safe for now, since they have no tamed adults. I also slaughtered a number of my wild boar herd to inspire them to produce some new piglets. Since I can't expect them to kick anyone's ass anyways, I have selected for muscularity AND fatness among my wild boars.
Insert_Gnome_Here has claimed a computer terminal!

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43551 on: October 26, 2015, 11:21:22 pm »

I got a strange mood and began rescaling CLA to work with my non-square tileset fetish. In the process I discovered how to scale it up to 36x54, work progresses bit by bit there, two pages down, lots to go, but the 18x27 are done and look great in my opinion.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43552 on: October 27, 2015, 07:27:37 am »

I'm thinking about setting up a silk farm where instead of military personnel I use everyone in my dining room as targets. Someone, quickly, explain why this is such a bad idea.

(Don't hold your breath though. I'm sitting here with a {x Windows Boot Manager x} hoping I do not go bezerk.)

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43553 on: October 27, 2015, 07:43:00 am »

Potential slaughter. But don't let that stop you.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43554 on: October 27, 2015, 07:52:17 am »

Bad thoughts from being attacked?
Sounds Fun though.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43555 on: October 27, 2015, 09:51:09 am »

I'm thinking about setting up a silk farm where instead of military personnel I use everyone in my dining room as targets. Someone, quickly, explain why this is such a bad idea.

The ridiculous amounts of cancellation spam. Urist cancels misc. job: Webbed.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #43556 on: October 27, 2015, 10:00:08 am »

The ridiculous amounts of cancellation spam. Urist cancels misc. job: Webbed.
Urist cancels eat food: webbed.
Urist cancels hunt small vermin: webbed.
Urist has starved to death.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43557 on: October 27, 2015, 01:47:34 pm »

>implying I let filthy vermin anywhere near my dining hall
I suppose I could use bridges to stop the GCS from webbing everyone when I wanted to, but that raises the question: does presenting the GCS with multiple targets produce more silk than just one target?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43558 on: October 27, 2015, 01:49:21 pm »

>implying I let filthy vermin anywhere near my dining hall
I suppose I could use bridges to stop the GCS from webbing everyone when I wanted to, but that raises the question: does presenting the GCS with multiple targets produce more silk than just one target?
Good thinking, but no.  The attack rate will be constant, regardless of how many targets are available.  You might see the webs spread out more if it changes targets, but that's it.

cochramd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43559 on: October 27, 2015, 01:58:18 pm »

Dang. Well, I'll stick my GCS next to some livestock and see if that does the trick.

In unrelated news, I traded away my entire stock of prepared meals but the caravan appears to have not taken them away. Any idea what's going on?

Pages: 1 ... 2902 2903 [2904] 2905 2906 ... 3842