Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2861 2862 [2863] 2864 2865 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100832 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42930 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:32 pm »

52nd year? Wow, what's your FPS?
One wheel short of a wagon

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42931 on: September 08, 2015, 02:25:12 pm »

Depends. Mostly 15-20 FPS with 135 dwarves. Has been mostly around 15 lately, though I had all the Jabberers run around freely and I haven't checked when there was no caravan / goblins around lately.
17 FPS currently with a dwarven caravan sitting at the depot, just sold all my prepared meals once again. I exported almost 35 mio wealth already...prepared meals are just overpowered. I got a lot of stuff waiting to be incinerated down in the garbage dump, and I got quite a massive amount of stuff on my stockpiles. Not to mention all the blood all over the siege-entrance. Wonder if that has some effect on FPS...pretty sure the magma moving around in the magma sea downstairs might also cause a bit of FPS loss, but overall I'd say it's still running quite alright for such an old fortress. It is focussed on short paths for the dwarves though, relies on ramps instead of stairs and such.

EDIT:
Stocks screen via DFHack says I got a bit over 57 thousand items around, not taking into account that some of them are stacks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:29:36 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42932 on: September 08, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »

Bastiongate is 40 years old.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42933 on: September 08, 2015, 05:44:45 pm »

hahah, my food stockpiles were a bit full and now there are rotten mussels all over the place. Hope no necro attacks now. 

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42934 on: September 08, 2015, 05:50:08 pm »

EDIT:
Stocks screen via DFHack says I got a bit over 57 thousand items around, not taking into account that some of them are stacks.

I never feel guilty about using autodump destroy to just remove useless items...

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42935 on: September 08, 2015, 06:43:23 pm »

Postwires is ten years old... I have slaughtered a few FBs, thrown a few necromancers in the magma along with their troops... getting bored  :/

Given up on the goblins.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #42936 on: September 09, 2015, 05:09:11 am »

Embarked in an evil region which didnt have much fun until several month after I arrived a cloud of evil mist rolled in.
It wasnt a big problem as everyone was inside, however just as the cloud was dissipating a weasel run into it remanents and was turned into a husk.
I sent the militia commander (armed with a bronze axe, a copper shield and some skill i gave her on embark) with 4 more recruits.
They spent months fighting it, the recruits became elite wrestlers, but were getting thirsty. The commander managed to cut the legs of the weasel, but it didnt die. I called them off when the dwarven caravan came, then the liasion jumped the weasel and is still wrestling it.
The injured soldiers were hauled inside, but they developed infections due to lack of soap.
The commander is in the dinning hall complainting about thirst, apparently she counts as a patient, but is not sent to the hospital for some reason.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42937 on: September 10, 2015, 04:16:54 pm »

Legendary 4 named hydra showed up.  Didn't land a single blow; each of the 7 speardwarves stuck an adamantine spear in each of the heads.  Splat.  Wish it was butcherable, because I would dearly love some hydra soap.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #42938 on: September 10, 2015, 07:24:40 pm »

Hydras are butcherable, unless you modded it.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42939 on: September 10, 2015, 07:37:22 pm »

Guess the dwarves were being lazy, then.  They just ignored the body.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42940 on: September 10, 2015, 07:53:49 pm »

Guess the dwarves were being lazy, then.  They just ignored the body.

Make sure "collect refuse from outside" is turned on. Even then, butchering is kind of black magic in that it seems to be very random as what can and can not be butchered.

Skribbblie

• Bay Watcher
  • Dlaglunkis slugutalbis!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42941 on: September 10, 2015, 08:18:39 pm »

My latest embark seems to have landed on some traveling army/migrants' camp, completely empty. It presents me with the interesting opportunity to make permanent use of their silk and leather buildings, which are perfect for above-ground farming (perhaps even game-breakingly perfect).
I'm not really sure that maiming someone and forcing them to live with a crippling disability for your amusement can really be considered "merciful." Just sayin'.
Dwarven mercy.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42942 on: September 10, 2015, 10:57:48 pm »

Outpost Gildspark, 201 Granite 15: 7 beards

STRIKE THE EARTH

Liiiittle bit rusty. I keep hitting [p] when I want to pause, and I don't know which game gave me that residual muscle memory. I've gone and started naming my dwarves in the pattern of Laborfords'; I plan to have this one last 40+ years as well. I might also put a "separate the artifactors from the plebs" system into practice, IDK.

Also, since when do dig designations have little dotted lines bordering each square? Is that a DFHack or a vanilla or a Taffer thing? (running LNP 40.24 r15)

201 Granite 18: MAGNETITE. ARMOK HATH BLESSED US.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:59:30 pm by Lielac »

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42943 on: September 10, 2015, 11:03:17 pm »

Slightly disappointed in myself for letting Honourguard's lone captured Giant Cave Spider that I lost two brave Web Collectors to, starve to death in its cage before I could tame it.

On the plus side, building one hell of a ballista battery into the caverns. Any FB shows up there, it's getting a faceful of iron and bronze.

Also, the Troglodytes below Honourguard seem very docile. Web Collectors have no trouble walking by them, and they give nobody any trouble. Still keeping the cages up, though.

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42944 on: September 10, 2015, 11:14:38 pm »

CraftRaptors is in its third summer. We have one squad of hammerdwarves that are pretty dang high in skill, and a newbie ax squad just starting out. We've even got a working hospital that has seen use from "accidents" given to excess workers I've nicknamed Medical Training Dummies. They burrow on a retracting bridge, the bridge retracts over a three Z drop, and if we're lucky, they get injured before being hauled away to the hospital for treatment.

I love this game.

P.S. All our artwork seems to paint us as nationalistic racist scum who hate humans. If the Gobs and Forgotten Beasts don't pan out, we might just train our military on a human force instead. Given that the world is over 80 years old and the Liaison keeps saying the world is the same as it's always been, we might need to spark up a good war.
Pages: 1 ... 2861 2862 [2863] 2864 2865 ... 3842