Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2825 2826 [2827] 2828 2829 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6119242 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42390 on: July 13, 2015, 07:52:36 pm »

A wereape appears and acts so much like a real ape.

'Plebs' are a step above hauler in that they lack solid attribuites but have some strength or other quality.  I let them haul stone  and other heavy supplies exclusively to facilitate those low-priority tasks.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42391 on: July 13, 2015, 08:45:04 pm »

Well. Wow. My champion one hitted a tigerman. Normally those give my military a hard time, but not with him. He chased it down rather quickly, then cut it's head off with a stab.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42392 on: July 13, 2015, 09:10:43 pm »

A voracious cave crawler killed a Reacher, and wandered off long enough for the mangled limbs and carcass to be dumped next to the butcher shop. Following this, our sole gem cutter was mauled by a giant bat, with the militia responding as quick as they could. Mercifully, there doesn't seem to be any permanent harm, but the gemcutter's left wrist is completely fucked until we can treat it. On the upside, we now have some giant bat meat in our pantry.

First artifact was a pond turtle shell figurine of the colossus of rhodes squishing an elf, and that dwarf's best pieces proceed to consist of the appointment of a General, the rise of some monarch (might be the current,) and three more elves being hideously murdered (one of the same thing as the artifact, two of different elves being murdered by the same hydra.)

Really need to get to work on the topside fortifications...

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #42393 on: July 13, 2015, 10:17:33 pm »

A Giant Bat crawled off the caverns and injured one of my miners. The caverns were sealed and the Miner is in the hospital bed...for months, since we don't have a medic yet. We also made some marble crafts and i demanded my fellow dwarves to encrust them...with marble. I will have a more serious gem setting/cutting industry later, as one of the engravers suddenly went on a mood and became legendary at gem cutting. I quickly dispatched our gem cutter and made him a engraver, and the engraver we made a gem cutter.

Also, some Louse Woman had an accident and exploded into gore.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42394 on: July 13, 2015, 10:36:00 pm »

Rather unbelievably, we have suffered from theft! The figurine has been stolen! Some grumble, but the soldiery rejoices! Perhaps if more items are "misplaced" then they'll have an easy foe to try thier skills against...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42395 on: July 13, 2015, 10:55:52 pm »

I had an artifact sword stolen from me one time. When I hopped into a kobold cave and started killing them, I saw the sword on the ground. It was an amazing blessing, as I could return the sword to it's original resting place, in exchange for full suits of steel armour for my two dwarven companions and steel weapons for everyone. Didn't even know the kobolds actually took the items anywhere, thought they just kind of dissapeared.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

supper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42396 on: July 13, 2015, 11:26:43 pm »

When beginning my fort in year 125, it turned out that my civilization had domesticated elephants. I could buy them at embark (I didn't), and when I started out I found a breeding pair of elephants pulling my wagon. I didn't even know elephants could be beasts of burden.

swirl999

• Escaped Lunatic
  • the Extremely Verbose
    • View Profile
« Reply #42397 on: July 13, 2015, 11:34:07 pm »

Just genned a new world... the entire population of the dwarf civ is 6 kobolds and something like 19 goblins. Oh, and a veritable horde of water buffaloes. So of course I had to start a fort as close to the elves (who we're at war with) and goblins as possible. No sieges yet, but one can hope.

Time to restore the Crazy Mountains TO ITS FORMER GLORY!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:36:05 pm by swirl999 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42398 on: July 13, 2015, 11:46:01 pm »

When beginning my fort in year 125, it turned out that my civilization had domesticated elephants. I could buy them at embark (I didn't), and when I started out I found a breeding pair of elephants pulling my wagon. I didn't even know elephants could be beasts of burden.

It's great to see pachyderm and dorf living side by side, crushing heads as one.

Just genned a new world... the entire population of the dwarf civ is 6 kobolds and something like 19 goblins. Oh, and a veritable horde of water buffaloes. So of course I had to start a fort as close to the elves (who we're at war with) and goblins as possible. No sieges yet, but one can hope.

Time to restore the Crazy Mountains TO ITS FORMER GLORY!

You must fight them dwarf to elf. Show them the error of their ways, by granting them the only honor any elf will know: To be crushed to pulp and cut to pieces by the hammers and axes of the dwarves!

Let the enemy come, and before you shall they lie piled high and thier blood be waist deep upon your warriors!

Population has surged to 45, elves came and went, and among the migrants were a disproportionate amount of hunters and animal trainers.

You know, it's odd. I always get a ton of hunters when I settle in savage areas. Maybe the hunters are attracted by the prospect of challenging game...

We got a giant bat lather backpack from a mood, the militia has swelled to 9 brave dwarves, nearly all of whom wish to be legends in the art of war. Thanks to more cassiterite finds, all have bronze weaponry at least; our iron is being saved for autumn, to make steel with caravan supplies. I shat on my own rule, and cutting weapons dominate, mainly to compensate for most of the more suitable recruits being somewhat lacking in physical strength. Might rearm them later on, might not.

Also going to try building a cart system to bring copper up to the smelters.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42399 on: July 14, 2015, 01:37:48 am »

I saw some extreme brutality out of my champion, he smashed a dingo man's head into gore with his shield, stabs through a lung, then bit the dingo woman nearby to death, smashed another in the chest and sent him flying over the edge of the cliff into a 4 z level drop. I only wish I could have him riding a giant war tig-... Wait, will things like tigers be able to carry fully armoured dwarves?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42400 on: July 14, 2015, 04:11:05 am »

GCS will. Elephants will. Rocs will. Dragons will. It's enough.

Oh, according to youtube, ancient proverbs, and World of Warcraft apparently, humans can unarmoured, so an armoured dwarf would probably ony weigh that much. So yep.

My most recent brutality: an FB bloated feathery scorpion attacked a giant toad, grabbing it by the head, repeatedly goring and stabbing both eye sockets, long after the eyes were destroyed, then snatching at it to cut its head off: presumably cutting the brain in two at eye level. Nasty.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 04:13:52 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42401 on: July 14, 2015, 04:22:21 am »

I'm actually hoping to have axe and hammer swinging warriors riding on iron armoured rhinos.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42402 on: July 14, 2015, 04:42:25 am »

Any idea if animal armour will be a thing?
One wheel short of a wagon

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42403 on: July 14, 2015, 04:47:53 am »

It better be...

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42404 on: July 14, 2015, 06:51:46 am »

It seems that either the goblin civ or pathing onto my embark is terminally bugged. I received _five_ visits, all listed as "siege", and each of them was nothing but a pitiful six-to-seven-gobbo ranged squad, of which one or two _always_ got stuck at the map border and completely failed to move.

Actually, at the moment of loading the forces onto the map, i saw an axegoblin, but that one apparently instantly left again.

The massive goblin thumper worked perfectly, but it's just stupid to never get anything but that completely irrelevant scout squad to play with. What's the point? Anyway, it took out all five goblins that were capable of moving at all, and one mason who decided to "clean" and ate magma.
I'd really like a way to designate a "for the love of all that's holy, this area is utterly off-limits and you're not, not, not, not, not allowed to "clean" here, you insane morons" area (and yes, it should have the full description, the insistence on cleaning areas while they are super mega fatal to enter is infuriating). On a less suicidal but even more irritating note, they went onto a neverending vomit conga to clean/re-paint a few tiles under an overhang that could only be reached by long-range aboveground travel; i had to order the place channelled open to stop the idiocy.

Oh, and the last known forgotten beast wouldn't spit its webs through fortifications. So we dropped a floor on it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:57:40 am by Larix »
Pages: 1 ... 2825 2826 [2827] 2828 2829 ... 3842