Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2816 2817 [2818] 2819 2820 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6118729 times)

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42255 on: July 04, 2015, 01:43:06 pm »

The fortress of Zoniden, called Helmedpaddled in the crude tongue of the humans, the cyclops Koro Nongnobong Bonguzogast attempted to infiltrate the fort. I mobilized my military, which was using keas as target practice. However, before they could arrive, the monster found a hauler named Dakost Uzolobok. I was about to jot down an order for a new coffin when Dakost proceeded to bear the ever loving crap out of the cyclops. By the time my marksdwarves arrived, poor Koro had been beaten into unconsciousness by the peasant, who single handedly took the monster down. At this point he proceeded to punch the monster in the face.

After the military finished off the cyclops, two men decided it was a good idea to play around under trees that the woodcutter was chopping down. I now have two men in the hospital having their injuries treated because two trees succeeded where a thrice named monster couldn't. This is ridiculous
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42256 on: July 04, 2015, 02:28:03 pm »

From the timespan of 8th of Slate - 6th of Felsite, my 50ish food and 200 booze all magically vanished/rotted by my starting 7. I mean yeah they weren't inside yet, but food doesn't rot (or vanish in the case of booze) that quickly. Guess our dwarves will have to suffer for a while.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42257 on: July 04, 2015, 02:49:11 pm »

Update on the status of Zoniden. The idiot broker is now deed. Shortly after having his cast and crutch from the hospital, he attempted, yet again, to kiss flying logs. His head exploded in gore. The woodworker broke his other leg and is back in the hospital. What the hell is wrong with these dwarves???
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42258 on: July 04, 2015, 03:04:21 pm »

And now the latest artifact, an amulet with every adjournment imaginable, with an image of itself in magnetite.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42259 on: July 04, 2015, 03:21:25 pm »

I'm in an evil tundra that is so immensely difficult, it rains perpetually a "stinking muck" that causes heavy bruising just from standing in it - but then the creature dies. I have no idea what the actual cause of death is. They are covered in muck and their own pus as a corpse, but I don't see what actually kills them.

Their organs pulp.  First toes and fingers, then hands and arm/legs, then the head/lb/ub.

It is terrifying.  Any part with blood starts to moistly peel away slowly; in a painful way.  Each step you take causes the boils to burst from the pressure, and every move you take is a reminder that your own immune system fluid is slowly skinning you.
  You start to vomit, because your stomach and guts rot away before your very eyes, which are only protected by your bloated, oozing eyelids.  Your hands become limp, pustulating lumps of skin, and you drop your tools before your legs give out on you; unable to sustain your weight any more.  Eventually, death comes in the form of your body disintegrating into a goopy pile of skin and oozing pus.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42260 on: July 05, 2015, 01:14:43 am »

new embark. 1/9 tiles was haunted, but it looked pretty tame for now, and was beyond the river. No worries. I have spear dwarves leather-clad and training quickly.

Except... the undead ducks came. War dogs killed, spear dwarves killed. Everyone! get inside!
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42261 on: July 05, 2015, 06:23:52 am »

Update on the status of Zoniden. The idiot broker is now deed. Shortly after having his cast and crutch from the hospital, he attempted, yet again, to kiss flying logs. His head exploded in gore. The woodworker broke his other leg and is back in the hospital. What the hell is wrong with these dwarves???
When you cut a tree, the logs generated from it are safe. But they sometimes don't fall down to hte ground but get stacked on the branches of other nearby lower trees. When you then fell those other trees, falling logs from previous cutting can be quite dangerous.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42262 on: July 05, 2015, 06:31:28 am »

that's a feature not a bug. Widowmakers are a real threat then logging in forests.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42263 on: July 05, 2015, 07:15:51 am »

A fruit picker, who happened to be a swordsdwarf as well, spotted a kobold in a tree. he proceeded to climg up said tree, pursue said kobold across the tree canopy, and knock them both to the ground with a charge, then proceeded to cut said kobold's head off within one attack of drawing his sword. Yep, someone's getting a promotion and a personal bedroom for that display.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42264 on: July 05, 2015, 07:26:03 am »

Happened to look in my chief surgeon's profile:

"He is deliberately cruel to those unfortunate enough to be subject to his sadism."

Presumably, he'll love being moved into the military; he's also supposed to be an optimist.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42265 on: July 05, 2015, 02:05:59 pm »

Year two for Clutchtown, had our first run-in with the elven invaders in summer. Outlanders. Axedwarf Urvad had to get stitches in her left hand, but thankfully no permanent harm was done.

Also had a mood that produced an amulet, and another popped out a ring. Between the two though, i got a rather nice bone shield for Commander Litast! And the display case I found works, more or less. So now the soon-to-be noble is going to be packing rooms of unparallelled value.

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42266 on: July 05, 2015, 03:57:36 pm »

new embark. 1/9 tiles was haunted, but it looked pretty tame for now, and was beyond the river. No worries. I have spear dwarves leather-clad and training quickly.

Except... the undead ducks came. War dogs killed, spear dwarves killed. Everyone! get inside!

I had that with undead geese in a place that was supposedly mirthful. I spawned right in the middle of them. We killed them, but then the the dead guys got up. It was a massacre

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42267 on: July 05, 2015, 06:56:43 pm »

When you cut a tree, the logs generated from it are safe. But they sometimes don't fall down to hte ground but get stacked on the branches of other nearby lower trees. When you then fell those other trees, falling logs from previous cutting can be quite dangerous.

Yes they can. There have been no further log kissing incidents. Aside from the occasional kobold, the fortress of Zoniden has been at peace. With 52 hearty dwarves and over a million Urists in value, we have been elevated to the rank of barony. And, in an effort to prove that nobles aren't useless, the baroness has achieved legendary status in both mining and masonry, the latter thanks to her creation of a coffer that now decorates her room.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42268 on: July 06, 2015, 02:25:34 am »

Decided to have a dual-wielding swordsman use my two artifact swords, a long and short sword pair. As expected, he'd attack with the longsword, it'd get stuck in a wound, and he'd start fighting with the short sword. Very good, my son... Problem is, he's really sucking at defending himself right now. He's covered in scars, and barely ever parries.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42269 on: July 06, 2015, 02:35:59 am »

Decided to have a dual-wielding swordsman use my two artifact swords, a long and short sword pair. As expected, he'd attack with the longsword, it'd get stuck in a wound, and he'd start fighting with the short sword. Very good, my son... Problem is, he's really sucking at defending himself right now. He's covered in scars, and barely ever parries.

...And he will take the name of Sion.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.
Pages: 1 ... 2816 2817 [2818] 2819 2820 ... 3842