Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6118685 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #42165 on: June 29, 2015, 04:30:45 pm »

Ah, known bug, enlisted any dwarves of the opposite gender in the military recently, that are around his age  :D?
One wheel short of a wagon

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42166 on: June 29, 2015, 05:12:50 pm »

that's a potential good explanation :D

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42167 on: June 29, 2015, 07:12:50 pm »

...Bug, or them getting a bit feisty?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42168 on: June 29, 2015, 08:45:11 pm »

I'm surprised that we don't need feather for fletching or for fancier beds.

I might mod that in. Feathers are useful, dammit.

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42169 on: June 29, 2015, 09:31:05 pm »

A huge blob of vomit with tails that shoots webs. Lovely. Good thing there's no access into my base through the caverns, because my militia isn't fully geared up yet.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42170 on: June 29, 2015, 10:12:36 pm »

It seems painful to be convicted of disorderly conduct when you throw a tantrum multiple times in front of half a hundred of reporting witnesses and sentenced to a beating :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wow, they don't joke with disorderly conduct punishment, and lucky for her i don't even have a hammerer.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #42171 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:48 pm »

A siege! A siege! Rouse the military, arm the civilians! Move all the animals but the dogs, leave those at the gate! Get that beast master to his station! Close the main gate, open the sally port! Unforbid all the good ammo, go go g- What? Ten goblins...? Okay, kill them all... What a dissapo-LLLYYYYYY SHIIIIIIIIIT!!! I checked the u menu, 534 goblins, 38 trolls, 44 giant olms, and a ton of beak dogs... Well, open the main gate. Our new masters are here... My second fort fell to a massive siege, wherein my dwarves killed almost the entire siege anyway. Proud of those filthy beards.
Oh god the thought of the carnage. The glorious battle. The killstreaks. The bloodsplatter and flying limbs. I'm salivating.

Never got a siege like that. I really should try to play Dwarf Fortress more. That's a legendary-tier siege.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42172 on: June 29, 2015, 10:39:15 pm »

Coming into the 8th year of that fortress, it looks like the accumulated stress has been too much for some workers.

She's a legendary bone carver and have been working non stop for years (as i had shell craft on "repeat" due to my fisherdwarves bringing mussel shells faster than my dwarves can carve them), that could explain it.

edit : it's going really bad for her
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 11:07:49 pm by Robsoie »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42173 on: June 29, 2015, 10:51:23 pm »

I didn't know that was even possible.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42174 on: June 30, 2015, 01:32:40 am »

My war rhino went on a rampage during an elf ambush.

I really shouldn't have gelded him. I forgot that pet grazers are also fed by their owners.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:02:42 am by VerdantSF »

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42175 on: June 30, 2015, 04:14:41 am »

In my modded game, tengu (just crow men with prone to rage and itemthief) are annoying me. And first it was the wooly rhinoceroses.

They're flying all around, stealing stuff and there are so many. Far too much to be proper tengu, I must say.

Im gonna go Baghdad Fortress on them if this continues. And the issue are that they are sentient and they are giving sad thoughts to my dwarves when I manage to mob and kill one with enlisted civilians.

Oh well, i gotta toughen my dwarves to death. After all, Armok demands blood.

Also all my dogs have died due to picking fights with the wildlife. Mostly herds of wooly rhinoceroses. Pleistocene mod has reached his goal of being more Fun than vanilla, yup.

Rosewood

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42176 on: June 30, 2015, 05:04:01 am »

Just got my chicken coop up and THERE ARE CHICKS EVERYWHERE!  the one hen died and now her babies are just wandering around... filling up my screen... 

I'm also suffering from a lack of immigration and as such, I've appointed everyone to military duty.  Haven't struck any worth while ores yet, so my militia will have to be an Iron clad one.  Does Iron Armour inhibit dwarves in any way during winter though?  'cause I chose a very snowy area to get settled...

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42177 on: June 30, 2015, 02:42:03 pm »

One of my farmers accidentally fell down and 5 level hole and broke some ribs. He just sat there for months and people brought him water but he was never brought to the hospital area. Then, when a party started, he got up and went to it. He didn't "participate" in the party, because the units menu said he wasn't doing anything, but he just wandered around. He eventually left the party, went insane and ran back to the place that he sat at for months and died of starvation. At least he wasn't around for the 100+ dwarf massacre later on.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42178 on: June 30, 2015, 03:02:05 pm »

The legend says dorfs can do whatever they want, no matter how the game is coded.

LockeTalks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42179 on: June 30, 2015, 03:44:40 pm »

My mason just made a masterwork statue of himself holding a masterwork weapon rack he made a while back. Think I might as well put it in his room, so he can admire his own fine work commemorating his own fine work all the time.
Pages: 1 ... 2810 2811 [2812] 2813 2814 ... 3842