Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2768 2769 [2770] 2771 2772 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6114496 times)

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41535 on: May 24, 2015, 09:56:24 pm »

The mountanhome got sacked by goblins and the king died. Now his son is king and I have to build a bunch of fancy rooms for him.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41536 on: May 24, 2015, 10:00:48 pm »

The mountanhome got sacked by goblins and the king died. Now his son is king and I have to build a bunch of fancy rooms for him.
Interesting. So his son is in your fort?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #41537 on: May 24, 2015, 10:06:57 pm »

Have actually tons of wool and pig tail thread going right now, it's useless without dye though. Have to get more dimple cups going, or my textile industry is worthless.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41538 on: May 24, 2015, 10:07:33 pm »

Interesting. So his son is in your fort?

Yeah, A few other nobles died with heirs in my fort as well. I have two extra barons that mandate stuff now.

It would be unfortunate if an accident were to occur to some of them. ;)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41539 on: May 24, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »

My glassmaker went into a fey mood... That bastard took my rough black diamond! That was going to go on my aluminum crown for my adventurer! This thing better be expensive...

Edit: Le sigh... He made a barrel...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 10:17:09 pm by StagnantSoul »
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41540 on: May 24, 2015, 10:21:37 pm »

My glassmaker went into a fey mood... That bastard took my rough black diamond! That was going to go on my aluminum crown for my adventurer! This thing better be expensive...

Edit: Le sigh... He made a barrel...
You can save before he finished.

But still a gem barrel is rare enough. I wonder if the dorfs can use it to brew.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41541 on: May 24, 2015, 10:33:58 pm »

It's currently holding some fisher berry wine.

And yes, Gorillas are fine to offer clear glass and wood products to. This is good, because their stock is a cross between a human and an elf stock, with a few original things in there.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41542 on: May 24, 2015, 10:36:07 pm »

Torcholive finally got its barony. Still no sieges or megabeast attacks. No elven caravan so far for this fort, so hopefully they'll pay a "nice" visit sometime soonish.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41543 on: May 24, 2015, 11:38:13 pm »

...Freakin' farmers apparently hate harvesting. HARVEST OR STARVE DANGIT.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41544 on: May 24, 2015, 11:56:04 pm »

Yeah, A few other nobles died with heirs in my fort as well. I have two extra barons that mandate stuff now.

It would be unfortunate if an accident were to occur to some of them. ;)

I know how you feel. The same thing happened in one of my earlier forts. I fancied up the rooms enough for her, set up a military and retired the fort. I don't feel that i've reintegrated myself with the game enough to manage a mountainhome.

Edit: Addendum! My efforts have finally payed off! I checked the civ screen to find that we are now at war with the elves! Now if I can just get a siege...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:31:16 am by ThePeanut »
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41545 on: May 25, 2015, 12:57:14 am »

Odd, the elves never showed up for second year trading, despite being friendly with my kingdom and right next door... Gorillas, did you guys do something?

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41546 on: May 25, 2015, 01:25:38 am »

Odd, the elves never showed up for second year trading, despite being friendly with my kingdom and right next door... Gorillas, did you guys do something?
Given the new living world system in place it's possible that their civ crumbled and news hasn't reached your dwarves yet.
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #41547 on: May 25, 2015, 01:37:14 am »

Also, on something similar to the strange-traders conversation, the last time a dwarven caravan "arrived", it never actually showed up, one of their wagons was listed as missing, and a random pile of stuff appeared near my gate. I don't even know.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41548 on: May 25, 2015, 03:34:30 am »

OMG, so I was trying to drag in one last piece of fort goodness to advfort land and ACTUALLY GOT AN ARTIFACT PRODUCED AS AN ADVENTURER... except now I can't reproduce it in any other save except the original.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I tried forts which were running with normal forced moods > retired > try to make one with an adventurer, advfort freezes. I tried totally new saves, advfort freezes. I go back to the first one I did it on, pow, cranking out artifacts all day long.

It's easy to take for granted how simple some things are in fortress mode until you try to do them in adventurer mode (for no better reason than being vaguely aware you can probably kinda do it) only to have that ability disappear mysteriously.

Baffling, maddening, confusing... dwarf fortress.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41549 on: May 25, 2015, 04:18:22 am »

What is this adventure fortress madness?
Pages: 1 ... 2768 2769 [2770] 2771 2772 ... 3842