Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6113589 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41340 on: May 15, 2015, 05:47:48 am »

Even if he did it would not matter. Fort mode dwarvs are to stupid to harness the raw power of throwing
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41341 on: May 15, 2015, 07:20:53 am »

So. I have embarked on a new fort.

3x3, all temperate, three different biomes, part evil biome, part savage biome, enough trees to soil an elf's pants, has a volcano, a small aquifer, water in the caverns, two adamantine spires THERE ARE THREE MAGMA PIPES AND A VOLCANO ! PRAISE LORD ARMOK !

:o :o :o

Also a duck. I think we should have better ducks, to be honest.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #41342 on: May 15, 2015, 07:26:28 am »

ALL HAIL!

......what civis are in range? Any towers? Any mods? I want that world and I want that embark.

But yes.....

PRAISE ARMOK GOD OF BLOOD!
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41343 on: May 15, 2015, 07:57:04 am »

I have my own modding (nothing noticeable, I removed some redudant/pointless animals and plants, the Pleistocene mod...), plus fortress defense, plus that plant mod.

Also there are 500 megabeasts and 50 civilizations in a pocket world. And it's year 2, so no towers.

4/5 of the civilizations are hostile as well. But seeing it's DF2014 i'll probably not get sieged. Unless I get eight hydrae in a row...

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41344 on: May 15, 2015, 02:59:19 pm »

Started a new fort, currently the goal is to document everything with pictures and a log of happenings so that I can write a story over it and put it up on community games. Good writing practice I would think. Definitely very different from what I did before, now I have to try to pay attention to everything to squeeze out all the little bits of drama. Quite the challenge.

Also got a breeding pair of Giant Snapping Turtles from the elves. They hatched nonuplets. Plus they can really move freaking fast when they want to.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41345 on: May 15, 2015, 04:27:45 pm »

im currently generating a new custom world. maxed out the savagery into as high as i could get it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41346 on: May 15, 2015, 04:40:16 pm »

Have enough booze for... wow, only 1/2 a year, will 1000 go that fast? Brewers work around the clock... I really depend on the goldcrafts for export these days... :(
One wheel short of a wagon

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41347 on: May 15, 2015, 09:37:27 pm »

And entire 30-man seiege of goblins was broken by three giant tortoises and a pair of war rhinos. The goblin sword and pike troops exhausted themselves beating on the turtles in their shells.

Then the rhinos noticed the goblins lying gasping for breath around the turtles went a-stompin'. My lazy elite sword unit spent the entire battle deciding who got the MW oak shield.

One turtle had his shell cut off. He has been sent down to the caverns to act as breeding stock. He will live the rest of his days in a land of sex and plenty, as is right and just for a wounded warrior.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41348 on: May 16, 2015, 03:46:53 am »

And entire 30-man seiege of goblins was broken by three giant tortoises and a pair of war rhinos. The goblin sword and pike troops exhausted themselves beating on the turtles in their shells.

Then the rhinos noticed the goblins lying gasping for breath around the turtles went a-stompin'. My lazy elite sword unit spent the entire battle deciding who got the MW oak shield.

One turtle had his shell cut off. He has been sent down to the caverns to act as breeding stock. He will live the rest of his days in a land of sex and plenty, as is right and just for a wounded warrior.

TURTLEHALLA !

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #41349 on: May 16, 2015, 05:19:45 am »

TURTLEHALLA !
For some reason, I am reminded of the !!SUPPRISE!! were-elephant sneak attacks.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:22:22 am by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41350 on: May 16, 2015, 05:20:11 am »

Shell cut off...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mount a siege weapon on him because only a true tank of a turtle would be able to survive through that.

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41351 on: May 17, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

3x3, all temperate, three different biomes, part evil biome, part savage biome, enough trees to soil an elf's pants, has a volcano, a small aquifer, water in the caverns, two adamantine spires THERE ARE THREE MAGMA PIPES AND A VOLCANO ! PRAISE LORD ARMOK !
That's some impressive digging to reveal a whole layer like that.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41352 on: May 17, 2015, 04:34:07 am »

I'm pretty sure it's the DFhack "reveal" command.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41353 on: May 17, 2015, 05:21:04 am »

That's some impressive digging to reveal a whole layer like that.

Digging ? What digging ?  :P

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41354 on: May 17, 2015, 09:56:37 am »

I created a huge cave-in which killed all but the expedition leader.
Then the unstable floating ramps caused more mini cave in and killed some merchants and a whole group of white storks.

It turned out to be a fun hermit game.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 2755 2756 [2757] 2758 2759 ... 3842