Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2738 2739 [2740] 2741 2742 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112279 times)

seaturtlehorsesnake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #41085 on: April 29, 2015, 01:55:31 am »

i always feel that blood rains are the most disappointing type of weather. no syndromes in them at all.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41086 on: April 29, 2015, 03:20:21 am »

Winter is finally here. Hope my moat freezes this year so I can dig out some corpses. Dwarfs keep getting horrified just because the corpses of their dead friends are lying down there. Staring at them through the water. It's your own damn fault you decided to dodge off the bridge when that skeletal eagle swooped down at you!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41087 on: April 29, 2015, 06:30:11 am »

Armok himself is grinding elves above you in his great grinder for you to enjoy!

I think I remember seeing that somewhere, can't remember where.  It was in an evil place, just blood rain, succession fortress, so on...
Roomcarnge gets elf blood regularly. I periodically find myself trekking through areas where I'm just soaked with blood, none of it mine.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41088 on: April 29, 2015, 08:03:43 am »

A milker got a strange mood. I will let you know what he becomes later.

Also all of my military was horrified seeing a giant get killed. Think maybe that needs adjusted since they feel nothing seeing wild animals die and they are less hostile(and also giant).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41089 on: April 29, 2015, 09:03:27 am »

How do I upload a map to DFMA?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41090 on: April 29, 2015, 10:39:58 am »

Spring has sprung, many of my Archers have been reissued crossbows because some of them were not carrying any ranged weapons, and the militia have all had pumping enabled so they "work out" when not training.  The oldest Fortress born child is 11 years old.  So one more year to see what the kids become.  Then I likely move onto the newest version of DF.  I want to see what I can do with fruit and some of the changes.  Looks kind of interesting.  Maybe start on a jungle island? 
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #41091 on: April 29, 2015, 11:55:06 am »

I sent the military to kill the three one-eyed brutes that have been in my demon trap for so long. They killed them all without a single scratch - we're eating demon tonight, boys! I also decommissioned said demon trap because now the demons would have to go through my whole hell bunker to get there, and there's no way that's going to happen, ever. Plus the Hell Bastion keeps them out too.

Some three-eyed brutes appeared at the edge of the map, but the Hell Bastion keeps them out! Woo! Now I'm going to slowly dismantle the scaffolding while building temples to all the gods, plus Armok. In hell.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #41092 on: April 29, 2015, 12:16:44 pm »

You should have some way to let the demons into the bastion (or at least a way yo fight them for sport now and then)

That way, you can enjoy it.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41093 on: April 29, 2015, 01:54:18 pm »

I thought I almost lost 200 plus Dwarfs.  I had a few Dwarfs cancel what they were doing because of a Forgotten Beast.  It was on the other side of a wall or something - they never got near it from what I could tell.  It was GUGO!  A gigantic one-eyed dimetrodon.  It has a short trunk and it is slavering.  BEWARE its poisonous gas!

Well,  the gas must had gone through the walls, the three Dwarfs ended up with rotting eyes!  One of them, a Miner was taken to the hospital but it spread to some of the medical staff who KEPT working to save him and the staff.  The child and the bookkeeper, both of which also had rotting eyes, were taken to their bedrooms.  I had to remove their beds to get them to the hospital. 

The thing is - so far half of them have lived, their eyes and the rotten flesh removed.  They are blind.   Which would sound a lot worse if vision seemed to play a big part of their lives.  But being that they live in pit black darkness it really isn't that bad.  Even the medical staff seem to be able to operate without vision.

I am going to see what happens.  Outside of direct touch it hasn't spread to the rest of the Fortress - though the hospital was red with blood for a tad there when eyes were being pulled out.  :P

And the rotting eyes released miasma clouds also. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 01:56:17 pm by callisto8413 »

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41094 on: April 29, 2015, 01:56:12 pm »

Katashkin, "Scalybright", a Bismuth Bronze Scepter
This is a bismuth bronze scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces spikes of bismuth bronze.

How useful.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #41095 on: April 29, 2015, 01:59:17 pm »

I recently got a schist piccolo. It menaces with spikes of schist.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #41096 on: April 29, 2015, 02:15:54 pm »

Katashkin, "Scalybright", a Bismuth Bronze Scepter
This is a bismuth bronze scepter. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces spikes of bismuth bronze.

How useful.
That could probably be good for an adventurer using the miscellaneous object user skill. IIRC scepters weight a lot compared to actual weapons like warhammers, and weight plays a big role in how effective random objects are at bashing things to death.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41097 on: April 29, 2015, 02:37:53 pm »

Oh my Armok. We have EIGHT HUNDRED Turkey eggs. Will you PLEASE stop making Lettuce and leaf meals and start using them up? Okay, so maybe it wasn't the brightest idea to embark with 15-20 turkey hens...and maybe I haven't gotten *any* Fertilized eggs yet.

But we have Wooden pots out the wazoo, probably half of them MAstercraft at this point. The Elves were just here and they don't like Wood--besides, they only brought a few wodden items--no animals. We're practically drowning in food and drink.

I am *this* close to setting up a Vault Tech bunker with  3 single male dwarves and 3 single female dwarves, chucking in 800 drinks, ALL the turkey eggs, all the fowl, and a few breeding pairs of dogs--and shutting them the hell in so all they can do is cook, and survive a possible apocalypse. I'd make sure there was some plantable land of course.

Maybe set up a few bunkes like that, just in case one gets breached while the meals they make are being taken to the Depot and we get a Siege at the same time.

But seriously--SEND CARAVANS! We have 2600 units alcohol, close to 1000 prepared meals, and WAAAAAY too many brewable plants (that I'm not the Cooks at because Because). Our stockpiles are overflowing.

.....help.........
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41098 on: April 29, 2015, 02:41:12 pm »

How many years? I have your numbers over 10 after 3...
One wheel short of a wagon

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41099 on: April 29, 2015, 03:03:23 pm »

Oh my Armok. We have EIGHT HUNDRED Turkey eggs. Will you PLEASE stop making Lettuce and leaf meals and start using them up? Okay, so maybe it wasn't the brightest idea to embark with 15-20 turkey hens...and maybe I haven't gotten *any* Fertilized eggs yet.

Have you tried locking the door to the turkey pens, so that the eggs can't be collected and can hatch?  Or killing some of the turkeys?  Unless you don't have any Toms?

Oh, and my bookkeeper and a few of the Dwarfs are not blind (well, two are) they just have scarred eyes....not sure how that works...but their eyes still work. 
Pages: 1 ... 2738 2739 [2740] 2741 2742 ... 3842