Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2710 2711 [2712] 2713 2714 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110259 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40665 on: April 05, 2015, 06:52:35 am »

The enemy's half of the memorial broke is now full, slab after slab engraved with the names of notable enemies to have fallen in the graveyard of Titans. And yet, the Dwarf side is only 4/5ths full, and at a 5/2 Dwarf to enemy worth ratio. I reckon that's as few casualties as I'll ever have.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40666 on: April 05, 2015, 07:02:57 am »

A legendary marksdwarf migrated, I am pumping out mussel crafts and the aboveground fortifications are complete for now. Everything is peaceful in Sabrepulls. I'll probably try to secure the first caverns soon and go find some magma.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40667 on: April 05, 2015, 07:39:38 am »

(I modded the game to have Humans playable)

I am training my men to be great wrestlers, as I do Peasantry challenge EVERY time I play, no matter where I go.
And now I am preparing the armor (They have none until I can get them ALL some.) to be dyed Green, Blue, and Red (Different pieces) as I know the Tower nearby wishes to send a horde of 80 zombies my way.
Flaming Baby Catapult

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40668 on: April 05, 2015, 08:52:01 am »

I didn't notice a weapon smith had a strange mood and now he went insane.
 ::)

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40669 on: April 05, 2015, 09:17:38 am »

I built myself a tower over the entrance. I sure hope someone would come to appreciate it, as my army stabs them from bellow, of fight them on skybridge.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40670 on: April 05, 2015, 10:55:46 am »

I'm going to make a microfort for the sole purpose of producing and selling olive oil.

Because I can.

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40671 on: April 05, 2015, 11:36:56 am »

The unholy child of Bowser and Sonic just showed up in my fort.

Fortunately, I actually anticipated a Forgotten Beast attack in the first cavern layer, given that I've currently got half the fort down there turning it into a death arena for his ilk and all the prisoners I've got... so my elite Soldiers are like 3 feet away from this guy. He's gonna go fast.

I love the fact I knew sending all the peasants down there would invoke Sod's Law, so I feel like I've one up'd the game this time...

...for now.
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40672 on: April 05, 2015, 11:46:24 am »

This:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
DF2014, the leading simulator in infant maiming!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40673 on: April 05, 2015, 02:03:46 pm »

Back in Bastiongate, I cleaned out my harvesting spire completely after flooring off the bottom of the tube. My miners are now carving out every single piece of addy that isn't holding back magma.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40674 on: April 05, 2015, 02:46:26 pm »

My first proper siege had ended. My marksdwarves don't seem to get why they are positioned on the top of the tower, but without a doubt tower serves me well, allowing instant fielding of my entire militia to fight invaders without straying away.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40675 on: April 05, 2015, 03:01:02 pm »

I now have 72 more raw adamantine, adding (lol) up to a total of 121. I should probably do something with all this addy.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40676 on: April 05, 2015, 03:45:11 pm »

Imeshablel has been made a duchy and also been exporting tremendous amounts of profits in the form of masterwork golden instruments. All of the remaining civilians have finally been drafted into militia squads, for the primary purpose of outfitting them in equipment which will not wear out as well as making use of the obsolete bronze, bone and leather.

However, a bureaucratic error resulted in a number of dwarves not having available bone greaves yet being ordered to relinquish their civilian pants, leading to some very upset pantsless dwarves. Apparently the lower part of a chain shirt, even though it covers the regions in question, is indeed not sufficient to contain dwarven modesty.

The order to open the gate for the multi-level waterfalls was given, which helped get through this without major incident, but somehow the pressure forced an aquatic forgotten beast through the underwater fortifications blocking it off. The real military dispatched it quickly, as luckily it did not carry syndromes and so forth. Fortifications were built two-deep in the hopes this will prevent future incursions. If this fails, the number of grates will be reduced to one, and the precious artifact grate will be installed at this point.

The bears that were acquired from the elves have been proving highly useful and the breeding program is coming along well. Even though the black bears, of which there are now thirty adults, cannot be trained for war they seem at least as strong and definitely tougher than war dogs, at four times their size. The grizzlies however, of which there are now ten adults, can be trained. Soon the war dogs will be retired as they have served well. In the hopefully near future, the black bears will be phased out by war grizzlies as well.

The military council is divided as to the fate of the war animals. While they all agree the resources must be spent on the war grizzly project and the dogs can not remain, some few are in favor of a practical butchering program while others suggest that selling them to the elves would allow them to live out their lives with dignity and care, as well as provide funds and goods that are needed more than meat and leather.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 04:54:38 pm by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40677 on: April 05, 2015, 05:12:07 pm »

Adamantine processing is going smoothly. My sole strand extractor is at skilled level, he started from nothing. I moved my roc into the Eyrie, not the top floor though.

I also moved my empty cage and prisoner stockpiles into the lower floors of the Eyrie so my dwarves no longer have to go outside to reach them. I should have thought of that years ago, considering I've had those since year 7ish and the Eyrie since year 4.

The reason I moved my roc is because I'm setting up a wild plump helmet man breeding area in the room the roc was in. I hope to reintroduce the children to the wild once they grow up. I might also do other species, like gorlaks or trogs, but I don't have breeding pairs yet.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40678 on: April 05, 2015, 06:03:10 pm »

A cave crocodile ate my forgotten beast.

HawaiianJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Hawaiian Shirts are amazing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40679 on: April 05, 2015, 06:08:40 pm »

I named my Wrestling Squad: The Macho Men.

They go shirtless into battle in normal clothes.

I named #7: Randy Savage.
Why number 7?
Because the rest of them died.
How did they die? They decided that they should grab the webs in the Cavefish-men's camp.
They were not prepared to get wood in their chests... and one of them to be gelded.

He is now #1 with 9 other below him.
OH YEAH.
Flaming Baby Catapult
Pages: 1 ... 2710 2711 [2712] 2713 2714 ... 3842