Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2709 2710 [2711] 2712 2713 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110289 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40650 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:53 am »

If I don't lock the basement, fps will drop to 25 even if I have less than 50 dorfs.

The fort was created in world gen. The above ground part really gives a feeling of a mountain side fortress.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I decided to put a moaning ghost to rest.

In memory of Kol Zefonlolok
 Born 951
Crushed by a drawbridge in the year 1013
Creator of Cloutclinched
Slayer of the Human Tode Flybudded
Devoted father and husband
Lover of battle axes
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:03:02 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40651 on: April 04, 2015, 09:08:27 am »

My fort got very thirsty after I forgot to check drink stocks, so I designated a cavern lake as a water source while my brewers brew more drinks. The demons still refuse to fall for my demon trap. My second broker (out of three) got a secretive mood and claimed a mason's workshop.

Meneth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40652 on: April 04, 2015, 03:40:52 pm »

In a reanimating biome, I encountered a Helmet Snake in a cavern. After killing it, I dumped the remains down my dump-shaft. Then something weird happened.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seems like the snake's head reanimated mid-fall, then started fighting some reanimated vermin remains once it hit the bottom of the shaft, and was re-killed. :)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40653 on: April 04, 2015, 03:48:09 pm »

No, it was being struck by falling dead vermin. Still pretty metal.

I'm debating starting a clear glass industry. I have the wood, the sand, and the skilled glassmakers, but what the hell would I make out of it? I could make some sort of megaproject out of clear glass blocks...

I'm also considering building a pump stack for water so my dwarves don't have to walk as far to get water from the well, but I'm not sure if I want to build another 100-z pump stack.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40654 on: April 04, 2015, 03:54:42 pm »

Clear glass boxes and doors for all! Windows for all!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40655 on: April 04, 2015, 04:00:30 pm »

Oh hey, yeah, that's what my dwarves need! Doors! Clear glass doors for all! Crystal glass doors for the founders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40656 on: April 04, 2015, 04:35:38 pm »

Urist was traumatized by a glass door leading to a bedroom today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40657 on: April 04, 2015, 04:41:57 pm »

This matches perfectly with your current avatar. :)
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40658 on: April 04, 2015, 06:15:20 pm »

My dwarves right now don't have doors at all, besides my founders and nobles. And my mayor and captain of the guard share a room.

The new year has arrived, and that means dead animals and sometimes dwarves. This year one of my legendary brewers died while doing what she loved, brewing. I've designated one of her peasant children to be a replacement. She was with the fort a long time, her husband was my first bookkeeper who died several years ago in a fiasco involving cage traps, a crundle, and the cavern lake.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40659 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:31 pm »

Started a new semi aboveground (mines, farms, storage, and basements are allowed, but nothing else) in a Tropical Moist Broadleaf Forest with a river running through it. Almost immediately, an Alligator chases my woodcutter away from the wagon and kills him. The now-named Alligator beelines for the edge of the map and leaves before I even realize what's going on. As if to add insult to injury, the Autumn migrant wave only consisted of three dwarves, so I still have labor shortages when I should have a excess of dwarves. Hopefully the spring wave will make up for the somewhat lackluster start.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40660 on: April 04, 2015, 11:35:07 pm »

Oh, right, bullet proof ninja opossum.

The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the lower body with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the left front leg with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander punches The Opossum in the right eye with her right hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
The militia commander punches The Opossum in the third right rear toe with her left hand, shattering the nail!
The militia commander kicks The Opossum in the right rear leg with her right foot, bruising the fat!
The militia commander attacks The Opossum but She rolls away!
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the upper body with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the head with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the lower body with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The Opossum is no longer stunned.
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the left rear leg with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander attacks The Opossum but She rolls away!
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the tail with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander bashes The Opossum in the upper body with her (-iron mace-), but the attack glances away!
The militia commander misses The Opossum!
The Opossum stands up.
The militia commander attacks The Opossum but She jumps away!
The militia commander charges at The Opossum!
The Opossum jumps away!

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40661 on: April 05, 2015, 12:19:21 am »

I don't know what I'm gonna do when my 165 year-old dwarf dies in this reanimating biome. Poor bastard lost his entire left arm too when his angry cousin came back as a ghost to tear it off also.

I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40662 on: April 05, 2015, 05:16:20 am »

I would have minecart-shot her. Seriously, it's a frigging zink door. Why would you want that? Also, couldn't you have just expanded her office to reach beyond the door itself?
Because this is a funnier way to make it clear that demanding zinc doors in your office apart from your front door is stupid. And because I'm too lazy to build a minecart shotgun just for that purpose, the terrain in my fort isn't very suitable to build one for use against invaders.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40663 on: April 05, 2015, 05:49:51 am »

Oh, it is a demand. Maybe there're less side effects if you just ignore it. Unlike those mandates.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40664 on: April 05, 2015, 06:14:59 am »

This matches perfectly with your current avatar. :)
Dear God, that Mental Image... O.o

no no no no no no non no no.....
Pages: 1 ... 2709 2710 [2711] 2712 2713 ... 3842