Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2708 2709 [2710] 2711 2712 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110381 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40635 on: April 03, 2015, 09:13:11 am »

A ghost soap maker tore the right arm off my manager.
I wonder if it would find another victim.

Edit-*

It appeared not. The ghost tore a leg off the poor manager this time.

Edit-*

I slabbed the ghost.

The slab reads "In memory of Ablel Rigothlilum / Born 943 / Died of thirst in the year 1015 / Lover of crutches".

Funny enough, now its victim has to use crutches.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:04:44 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40636 on: April 03, 2015, 09:59:06 am »

I'm replacing the artifact hatch that held back hell with a retracting bridge. So far it's going well and I'm hooking the bridge up to a lever. Now the hatch won't interfere with my demon catcher.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40637 on: April 03, 2015, 11:40:10 am »

The FB feeding cavern exploration squads found the original resident of this ruin. They all died.

A kea has stolen a (giant cave spider silk sock)!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:00:40 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40638 on: April 03, 2015, 03:12:50 pm »

Finished the first level of the palisade and designated the scaffolding for the second.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40639 on: April 03, 2015, 03:15:26 pm »

I created a functional running water system, throughout the fort. I feel like Archimedes.

Each and every pipe section and individual well can be isolated from the rest of the system and drained into the caverns.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40640 on: April 03, 2015, 03:29:50 pm »

The enemy have come and are laying siege to the fortress.
Huh. Well, that explains, where last year's human caravan went. Apparently everyone in the entire world is now at war with us (even the elves who got eradicated by the goblins or something a few years ago).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:27:12 am by Inevitability »

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #40641 on: April 03, 2015, 10:54:20 pm »

"After a polite discussion with local rivals, Ůshrir Knifefierce has claimed the position of queen of The Massive Shield."

I know I wouldn't argue with someone named "Knifefierce".
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40642 on: April 03, 2015, 11:23:00 pm »

An uninvited guest came and caused some annoying symptoms to my military dorfs.

Strange, the cabinets in the old bedrooms contained only large clothes. But the vault had all kinds of dwarf size clothes and armors.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:19:58 am by utunnels »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40643 on: April 04, 2015, 03:38:52 am »

Had to do a surgical breach into the first cavern layer, for a moody dwarf that wanted silk. He ended up producing "The Perfect Martyr", a tetrahedrite coffin decorated with diamonds and cave spider silk, worth over 70,000 Dwarfbucks, bit creepy, especially as it had an image of the ascension of a long-dead queen on it, but still, 1/11 the value of the rest of hte fort. At least fufilling the demands of the King who came in the 1st 7 (miner/expedition leader got promoted bigtime), as I only needed to get his tomb done. 8)

Strike didn't end well, though, as there were some problems walling it up and an army of troglodytes followed my weaver up the chute, only to be chopped to pieces, literally, by my militia.
One wheel short of a wagon

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40644 on: April 04, 2015, 06:00:46 am »

A certain legendary stonecrafter had been constantly haunted by 4 ghosts.
Maybe I should name him "Ghost Magnet"

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40645 on: April 04, 2015, 06:46:31 am »

Urist McSnob, baroness has a new demand.

Why the fuck does she need a zinc door in her office?

Very well. I ordered a zinc door to be made, and when it was done, replaced the door to her office with it. She happy? Nope. It had to be in the damn office. Not on the border.

So I replaced the table in her office with the zinc door. Even had to place a wall next to it, defacing the oh-so valued artwork of Minkot Bimanil, who feels empty inside even though he has made HUNDREDS of other masterwork engravings that remain untouched.

Well, bitch, you may no longer have a table to do your baron-y paperwork on, but you wanted a zinc door, and you got it. BE FUCKING HAPPY.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40646 on: April 04, 2015, 06:54:20 am »

I would have minecart-shot her. Seriously, it's a frigging zink door. Why would you want that? Also, couldn't you have just expanded her office to reach beyond the door itself?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40647 on: April 04, 2015, 07:02:46 am »

*edit*
Ninja'ed

Oh, a shelled vomit blob.

The Forgotten Beast Nire has come!  A huge blob composed of vomit.  It has a broad shell and it squirms and fidgets.  Beware its poisonous sting!

Hm, maybe the pile of vomit ate an elf?

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:15:34 am by utunnels »

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40648 on: April 04, 2015, 07:13:40 am »

Oh, a shelled vomit blob.

The Forgotten Beast Nire has come!  A huge blob composed of vomit.  It has a broad shell and it squirms and fidgets.  Beware its poisonous sting!
Eeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuhhhwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Fun fact: Vomit is so acidic that if it were to touch unprotected human skin, it would literally burn a hole through it. (Which is not quite a good thing.) The same obviously goes for dwarves... I wonder what would happen when a soldier punched it without gauntlets.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40649 on: April 04, 2015, 07:55:16 am »

I created a functional running water system, throughout the fort. I feel like Archimedes.

Each and every pipe section and individual well can be isolated from the rest of the system and drained into the caverns.
I always wanted to do that! Nice!
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)
Pages: 1 ... 2708 2709 [2710] 2711 2712 ... 3842