Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2703 2704 [2705] 2706 2707 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6110773 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40560 on: March 28, 2015, 07:20:59 pm »

Hell spider died to a single demon (pitiful), legendary clothier made a hill titan silk mask which the captain of the guard is wearing, I butchered my goats now that I have sheep which are better.

Also, there are in fact web-spitting demons. This will make things a little more complicated. My original plan was to wall off all of hell except for a corridor of webbed cage traps so I could catch demons. This changes things a little. There may have to be additional safety measures beyond the cage traps.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40561 on: March 28, 2015, 07:34:15 pm »

I was going to use the magma for forges, but it was faster just to have dwarves haul it up with minecarts for the few magma forges I needed.

This magma... this magma is going to turn all the goblin ambushes and undead sieges outside my fort into rapidly dissolving puddles.

My current pump stack extends from z-levels -42 to -107, and, after including all the axles, requires 771 units of power.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40562 on: March 28, 2015, 07:43:26 pm »

Oh right, and Bastiongate is now 20 years old. I'm minting some coins to celebrate.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40563 on: March 28, 2015, 08:29:04 pm »

For some reason, my well became a salty water well after I used it to drain sea water.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40564 on: March 28, 2015, 09:29:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You know, those sleep inducing vapours aren't so bad when they're working for you.
Also I now have the mental image of a dwarf walking up to a gigantic, snoring, badly wounded beast, stabbing it in the head and starting to shout: "I did it! I'm the best fighter ever!"

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40565 on: March 29, 2015, 12:17:03 am »

My dorfs were constructing some ice structure when spring arrived.
So I canceled their jobs before the ice thawed.
However, my medical dwarf decided to pick up some roo copse on the ice, when the ice thawed below him.
Furtunately the miner had already channeled out a large area on the ie, so the water was actually 6/7 for a long time.
The medical dwarf, who was not a swimmer at all, made for the shore at a speed much faster than any runner. I never saw a dorf that fast.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40566 on: March 29, 2015, 09:09:12 am »

All was going well until UristMcSickchild decided to vomit all over the nice, clean floors.

EDIT: and now there's a dragon. Feth, maybe I shouldn't have left my best dwarves in overland houses.

EDIT: Thanks for destroying my entire military in seconds... and my framerate. Jerk.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:19:04 am by Walrusking »

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40567 on: March 29, 2015, 10:01:54 am »

Wave after wave of the undead. Relentless hordes. Caravans and migrants stuck down instantly. There was only one solution: burn the world.

In a last ditch effort to save Landinked, a lone dwarf powered the final screw pump himself to deliver pressurized magma from over 150 z-levels downward. Because of the design, this would also be his death eventually from dehydration and hunger - the only exit out filled with magma.

Moments before the fires of hell burst forth, a dozen of the dwarves, struck with some unknown madness, rushed out and into the waiting arms of the undead. In moments the magma had covered the retreat. Death by the undead or consumed in fire; they all were struck.

Soon after the remaining inhabitants of Landinked were seized with fury and turned on each other. Buried beneath a slowly cooling sea of liquid rock, Landinked is now a tomb.

(The game crashed, but it seemed like it was time to end the fort in style).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40568 on: March 29, 2015, 12:11:09 pm »

So now I have two scaly fuchsia webbers in my first cavern. The first one was a tick and the new one is an alligator. Let's see who wins.

EDIT: Actually it's stuck behind some trees across a lake so it has absolutely no access to the other FB or my fort. Oh well.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40569 on: March 29, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »

Gildshock has become a town.  All the engravers are obsessed with a particular giant, who apparently killed everyone in this entire part of the world several hundred years ago.  Every single person he ever killed is on my walls somewhere  :P

Dusty stibnite turtle showed up; luckily his dust was just sleepytime.  Could easily have gone MUCH worse.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40570 on: March 29, 2015, 12:50:16 pm »

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

even though I forgot to make some wafers first

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #40571 on: March 29, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »

THE MOMENT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR

even though I forgot to make some wafers first
*Makes a Platinum Sword*

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40572 on: March 29, 2015, 01:15:14 pm »

Nope, it's gonna be steel, whatever it is. Hopefully not a crossbow. Iton likes crossbows but I already have an artifact crossbow.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40573 on: March 29, 2015, 01:35:11 pm »

Nope, it's gonna be steel, whatever it is. Hopefully not a crossbow. Iton likes crossbows but I already have an artifact crossbow.
Hope you like crossbows too. cause that's most likely going to be what he'll make.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40574 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:40 pm »

Forgotten Beast made of salt, Nawara Veiledmurk the Cavernous Sin of Demons.  Poisonous spittle.  Not sure how it earned those 4 names, but it was definitely unready for 4 angry axelords.

Edit: I finally had to wall up a crippled worker for all his cancellation spam and starve him to death.  I feel ashamed.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 05:38:54 pm by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 2703 2704 [2705] 2706 2707 ... 3842