Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2700 2701 [2702] 2703 2704 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111088 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40515 on: March 25, 2015, 05:47:35 pm »

Yeeeesssss! Masterwork has an unfinished update so I can finnaly have both the awesome masterwork stuff AND big trees!! Life in Dwarf Fortress is good...   ;D  :P
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40516 on: March 25, 2015, 06:19:04 pm »

Udeshingiz got attacked by a giant wereass. Snigger all you want, but it was truly horrifying, reducing the fort's population from 44 to 32 by first attacking a band of dregs (custom profession: basically the useless dorfs that do all unskilled labour) that were outside hauling wood, killing 3 and biting 2 of them.
Of course, I was to busy ordering coffins and getting everything back to normal, so both of them returned to the great dining hall before the next full moon... luckily, the barracks with the militia-in-training is close by, so it wasn't a complete catastrophe. They disposed of the monsters, but at a price... 6 more dwarfs plus the asses dead and 6 more injured. Worst of all, the chief medical dwarf, who was the only one with any medical skills, lost her right arm and most of her right leg and died a few days later in hospital, because nobody could do much more than giving her food and water. Maybe the others who only got bruises and broken bones will survive until a new medical professional arrives or the replacement (good old Kel was a skilled butcher and animal dissector before, so he got the job) actually bothers to learn his job.
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40517 on: March 25, 2015, 06:53:14 pm »

Built a mini ice-fort besdie my main fort during winter time.

Oh, and my fort is becoming the capital.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:30:45 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

slinger342

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40518 on: March 26, 2015, 12:25:27 am »

So this is Happening right now, don't know how the heck it happened.
ParadiddlediddleParadiddlediddleShotBoom

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40519 on: March 26, 2015, 01:08:23 am »

So this is Happening right now, don't know how the heck it happened.

check your link. You have to load it into a image hosting website, and link from there.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40520 on: March 26, 2015, 02:06:39 am »

I really love this game sometimes.

Our arctic mountain civilization, The Spattered Diamond, had, in the year 200, established an exploratory fort in the tropics, right next to goblin territories. It was expected that this fort would be ruthlessly atacked by its 3 neighboring goblin settlements, but until 202 not much had happened: only two measly attacks, undeserving of their official name of 'siege'; 10 and 30 attackers respectively, all of them untrained goblins.

Since I don't have great confidence in luck, I investigated the matter, and found a story I did not expect: they've left for the arctic. The reason I don't have sieges is that all gobbos that matter have gone away to attack my home civ.

In the year 200, my goblin neighbors had attacked a temperate zone human settlement, and conquered it. Then, using this midpoint as staging grounds,they had declared war on my home civilization, and proceded to send 14 different sieges to various setlements. Three of these attacks had resulted in fallen forts, including one memorable instance of nearly 4000 invaders (3996 to be exact) attacking a settlement of 16. Each of those dwarves had sold their lives dearly, killing anywhere between 20 to 40 enemies, but in the end they had fallen.

All this is in addition to their ongoing war with the humans.

I think I'll repurpose my military outpost into a trading post and export ludicrous amountds of everything to humans. Let's see how this aping of US policy in WW2 impacts the world.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:11:37 am by StrikaAmaru »
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

Jefthefirst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40521 on: March 26, 2015, 03:32:58 am »

Magma flooded my forges, destroying tons of my metal items including lots of adamantine, steel and platinum  :'(

Time to retire this one and start anew!
I just atom smashed 30 children.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40522 on: March 26, 2015, 06:44:30 am »

Strika, can that even work/effect anything? If so then i will totally do something like that.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40523 on: March 26, 2015, 08:34:28 am »

Finally, we are now the mountainhome. It has been almost 9 years.

I assigned the mini ice castle to the liaison and built some steel furnitures for him. A cold reception, literally.

The goblins stopped coming two years ago. So maybe it is the time to retire.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:42:22 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40524 on: March 26, 2015, 10:23:53 am »

A few years since founding, and the humans finally arrive, alongside the coveted status of having 80 residents. The enemy is sure to come now! Or probably not, but one can hope. The Crown Infantry has become bored. A stonecrafter produced a fine earing, but was met with scorn and mockery for it; at least the last ones were useful. Most of the populous is fully housed, with apartments containing cabinets and chests with a fine wooden door. And everyone will soon have a personal pre-assigned stone box to have thier remains in; a large-scale war tends to leave many people dead after all.

Over the Crown's gates now reside porcelain statues of hideous abominations known as forgotten beasts. If these two random horrors exist or not is best left to speculation. But hopefully they'll help intimidate the elves! More trees are felled around this time, as the habit of packing logs into the soil layers for floors has greatly depleted the stock of them. In the interim between now and some distant eventual appearance of this supposed war, the people of Torish now need to find a project besides producing porcelain, chicken, and goat bone goods...

But none the less, Torish stands strong.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40525 on: March 26, 2015, 10:31:41 am »

just had a forgotten beast with poisonous vapors attack. my axe lord killed it, but the syndrome was full body necrosis. After surgury, every body part of him is mangled, but he's still alive, and blind. I have no idea what to do with him, so I made him a strand extractor.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

StrikaAmaru

• Bay Watcher
  • [GMT+2][forum time +8]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40526 on: March 26, 2015, 10:46:05 am »

Strika, can that even work/effect anything? If so then i will totally do something like that.

I'll see about it myself; I hope/think that the game 'runs' the world in the background, seeing how not only did the goblin-dwarven war start after my fort was established, but it did not involve my fort almost at all - the mountain homes were the ones that got attacked. So maybe flooding humans with masterwork bronze armor and weapons (no iron) will change their odds; they kinda get kicked arount atm.
Needs caffeine to get through the working day.
[Sigtext. Contains links to mods, LPs and an index of all the things I wrote on this forum. Does not contain a viable sig. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=49316.msg6860463#msg6860463]

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40527 on: March 26, 2015, 02:05:22 pm »

Great! I look forward to seeing your results.  ;)

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40528 on: March 26, 2015, 03:12:02 pm »

Finally, we are now the mountainhome. It has been almost 9 years.

I assigned the mini ice castle to the liaison and built some steel furnitures for him. A cold reception, literally.
Did you get a monarch?

Inevitability

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40529 on: March 26, 2015, 04:10:41 pm »

Finally! Something I can use for a silk farm (as apparently my Giant Cave Spiders always get their brain punched by troglodytes)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 2700 2701 [2702] 2703 2704 ... 3842