Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2695 2696 [2697] 2698 2699 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6111407 times)

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40440 on: March 21, 2015, 12:21:07 am »

Game: Dwarf Mc Dwarfy cancels store item job! Attacked by troll!

Me: wtf? Where is it? ... OH GOD! ITS IN THE FORT! ... wait... its dead.

Check combat logs and it turns out the hunter killed him.

Apparently this troll ran up the stairs, attack Dwarf Mc Dwarfy once and my hunter goes, I AM THE DAYMAN! Then promptly headshots the troll in the brain.

I always knew it was a good idea to have a few hunters.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40441 on: March 21, 2015, 02:51:14 am »

There are currently 14 babies/children among 90 dwarves.

There aren't much to do on this map because I already got the king.  But it seems I still need 140 dwarves in order to become the mountainhome, officially.

Blast!

Just realized I made a mistake. I was trying to make the roof out of up/down stairs so my archers could shoot the keas when they flew near. But I designed some floors instead! Now I have to remove them all, which can be a painfully slow process....

Edit*

And a dangerous process...

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:12:49 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40442 on: March 21, 2015, 04:13:02 am »

Captured two necromancers in cage traps; the third showed up a little while later with a pile of zombies, so I turtled up.

The siege was broken three months later when four goblin ambushes showed up at the same time and wiped out all the zombies before they could reanimate.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #40443 on: March 21, 2015, 06:12:08 am »

Most of my dwarves have a horrified in their bio from the periodic migrations (and subsequent massacre) of elk birds upstairs, but I've installed a few weapon traps to fix that.

On the plus side, my militia are now all masters. I'm starting a marksdwarf squad to shoot down the keas and the pond grabbers.

Third or fourth fey mood, using iron and reacher bones. I hope it's something awesome. Edit: it's a reacher bone bracelet, with an image of a reacher on it. Eh, could be worse.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 06:16:43 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40444 on: March 21, 2015, 07:34:12 am »

I have a mechanic that can't go outside. he survived a forgotten beast attack that collapsed his left lung, and now everytime he goes outside, the lung injury compounded with cave adaption cancels his jobs everytime he goes outside because he's too injured.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40445 on: March 21, 2015, 08:09:22 am »

I just notised that my milita are actually good. What!? AWESOME! For once actually.  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40446 on: March 21, 2015, 08:24:47 am »

A legendary woodcrafter fell from the roof and died, his neck was smashed into the body.

It is strange, I thought it was already fixed in 40.24, but sometimes they still stand on the tiles that are being deconstructed.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40447 on: March 21, 2015, 10:37:15 am »

I've cut off access to the caverns and a Forgotten Beast showed up.  What does a Forgotten Beast do when it's bored?

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/draw/7f28f0474820096d3e2c81dbc7d8f43b

Anything it wants to...
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #40448 on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:27 am »

First GCS I've ever seen promptly climbed the stairwell and gibbed itself on one of the two fully-loaded weapon traps. That was disappointing.

Edit: having the military training in the same room as the hospital is incredibly useful for werebeast management. Two dwarves transformed in bed after being bitten and got killed almost instantly.

Edit: I created a werebeast squad for the quarantined dwarves, fittingly named The Barricaded Rites.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:34:49 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40449 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:47 pm »

I've had werewolves in the past but no vampires. Any ideas why? I kinda want to make a control room.

Oh and can you destroy or severely inhibit a civ by totally destroying all their seiges? I ask because I would like to set some goals, like this. Oh and the vamp thing because thy can be useful.  8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:50:29 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40450 on: March 21, 2015, 04:15:32 pm »

Lost a good fort to a webby FB that just couldn't be killed.  Tried dropping rocks on it, retracting bridges, nothing worked.  It finally got in the fort and killed everyone.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40451 on: March 21, 2015, 05:32:02 pm »

A cave-in trap would work for that. Attach a support to a level, build a floor above the support, put furniture next to the support, wait for the FB to show up and attack the furniture. Pull lever. Boom.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40452 on: March 21, 2015, 08:15:07 pm »

I've been making preparations to conquer hell. So far I've set up a manual upright spike trap, a cave in trap with an artifact cabinet as bait. and a shooting gallery for any demons lucky enough to escape both. I can seal the bottom of my fort just in case something goes wrong.

I'm still thinking of making some simple traps. No fancy ones like obsidian generators.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40453 on: March 21, 2015, 08:16:30 pm »

Just noticed I got a flashing human diplomat. So it means he's a legendary something?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40454 on: March 21, 2015, 08:44:45 pm »

Just noticed I got a flashing human diplomat. So it means he's a legendary something?
Either legendary or a civ leader/general.
Pages: 1 ... 2695 2696 [2697] 2698 2699 ... 3842