Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6112017 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40320 on: March 13, 2015, 07:25:21 pm »

As the goblin siege arrived, I released the trapped human and dwarf caravan guards I'd collected. They moved towards the end of the road, like they normally would. The goblins were coming from here. Yes, yes! Everything's going perfe- a dragon? What?!? A dragon can show up during sieges?!? Okay... I can handle thi- why is my commander running around? "Overcome by fear!" What? Why are there zombies in the lower levels? Why is there a pair of necromancers in the cavern!?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!

To sum it up: my cool trap was ruined by a dragon, my military is tied up fighting surprise zombies, and there's apparently been three necromancers in the cavern. Seriously, how did those three get there?

How can you have so many FUNs at the same time?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40321 on: March 13, 2015, 08:03:28 pm »

As the goblin siege arrived, I released the trapped human and dwarf caravan guards I'd collected. They moved towards the end of the road, like they normally would. The goblins were coming from here. Yes, yes! Everything's going perfe- a dragon? What?!? A dragon can show up during sieges?!? Okay... I can handle thi- why is my commander running around? "Overcome by fear!" What? Why are there zombies in the lower levels? Why is there a pair of necromancers in the cavern!?! WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!

To sum it up: my cool trap was ruined by a dragon, my military is tied up fighting surprise zombies, and there's apparently been three necromancers in the cavern. Seriously, how did those three get there?

How can you have so many FUNs at the same time?

How did three necromancers show up in the cavern? I got no announcement!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40322 on: March 14, 2015, 03:21:52 am »

"The king has arrived with his full entourage! You are now a Mountainhome!"

AWWWW YEAH

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40323 on: March 14, 2015, 03:22:36 am »

AWWWW YEAH

AND he's a vampire! OHSHIT

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40324 on: March 14, 2015, 03:46:46 am »

AWWWW YEAH

AND he's a vampire! OHSHIT

My new vampire king has killed over TWO THOUSAND dwarves, most of them in one settlement. He also apparently married a dusk troll. :0

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40325 on: March 14, 2015, 05:38:12 am »

My new vampire king has killed over TWO THOUSAND dwarves, most of them in one settlement. He also apparently married a dusk troll. :0

Entomb him in his quarters and drop necessary items to him through a chute. Many dwarves agree that all nobles should share this fate...
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40326 on: March 14, 2015, 06:18:51 am »

Got a werebeast attack. Decap the Werebear arrived in my fort after the second migrant wave... and ran straight into dwarven caravan guards. In the meanwhile he have bitten my broker and armorer. The beast was slain, armorer turned into a werebear and was killed shortly after by farmers. He injured some of them. Now I've got five werebeast candidates in he hospital.

Shortly after a mason got strange mood, and made an artifact coffin. Engravings on it depicted the heroic battle against the first werebear.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:25:52 am by Dark One »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40327 on: March 14, 2015, 06:36:19 am »

A wave of crundles bundled into my cages. I managed to get the traps refreshed quickly enough to invite a cave dragon. Fortunately she was delayed by a blind cave ogre who spawned right next to him. The ogre took a nice, long beating, and we got ourselves a female cave dragon shortly after. Before we could collect, a jabberer entered right and elk birds entered left. That jabberer was just a tile away from a cage, but he wandered off as the elk birds swooped through, falling into cages.

What do I need with crundles and elk birds? I guess I could befriend them, gain their trust, learn a few facts about them, and then slaughter them. I could leave them available as pets, and if no one takes one after a year, their bones will join the naked mole dogs and giant toads.

Wild boars entered my cages topside; I was trying to catch more giraffes, but there's two males for my two sows. Should have domesticated wild boars soon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:41:02 am by Uzu Bash »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40328 on: March 14, 2015, 07:06:35 am »

Dwarf in the hospital turned into a werebear, and slaughtered half of the fortress' population before he turned back into miner.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40329 on: March 14, 2015, 07:28:23 am »

Got some migrants form a previous fort. One had an unicorn hair crown and the other had a kea bone crown.
So I recruited them, and the latter became a new kea shooter.

Id Bakustid, Clothier has created Emuth Belal, a brown recluse spider man silk right mitten!

Until then I realised they were collecting brown recluse spider man silk.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:09:10 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #40330 on: March 14, 2015, 08:31:06 am »

You have struck magnetite!

Don't mind if I do.

Edit: caverns rigged with cave-in mechanism. Should anything attempt to climb the stairs without my permission, both it and the staircase will be forcibly removed.

Edit Again:
>Construct iron throne

The game begins...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 09:35:04 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40331 on: March 14, 2015, 09:45:17 am »

Thikut Regberdan, Armorer has created Tokthatnoram Nonshutdebish, a steel breastplate!

They finally made something useful.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #40332 on: March 14, 2015, 09:51:04 am »

First mood is a statue of the mooded dwarf's friend, relating to his settling in my fort. Cool! Going in the new dining hall.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40333 on: March 14, 2015, 09:53:56 am »

Just learned from some newly minted coins that my civ once had an elf king.
 ::)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40334 on: March 14, 2015, 10:21:07 am »

Okay, the dragon killed the goblins, who fell into a cage, hurray! I've quarantined parts of the fort, the precious smiths being the most well defended. The butcher, brewer, and cook are all but lost to a horde of mussel shells and various gibbon skins. The dining room is a trap, with tons of iron spikes on repeat going through the middle, and a few elephants tied up at the end. My caravan guards have wandered off the map without once seeing conflict. What a waste... A trio of blind cave ogres have killed the two cavern necromancers quickly, and are now paired up with elk birds, ripping into the mussel shells and gibbon skins.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 2687 2688 [2689] 2690 2691 ... 3842