Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2680 2681 [2682] 2683 2684 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5973961 times)

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40215 on: March 08, 2015, 06:23:20 pm »

What started as an attempt to stop magma crabs from getting in is now a bewildering maze of channels overflowing with water and lava. Half my miners have died, there are dead fire imps inexplicably rotting in the caves, and the magma crabs can still get in if they try.

I think I put the initial floodgate in the wrong spot LOL
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #40216 on: March 08, 2015, 06:25:27 pm »

What started as an attempt to stop magma crabs from getting in is now a bewildering maze of channels overflowing with water and lava. Half my miners have died, there are dead fire imps inexplicably rotting in the caves, and the magma crabs can still get in if they try.

I think I put the initial floodgate in the wrong spot LOL

I applaud your Dwarven Ingenuity.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #40217 on: March 08, 2015, 07:39:15 pm »

I just booted up dwarf fortress today and done two years of dwarfing. good things about the fort: three different sources of iron, flux stone, cassiterite, gold, basically an excellent site for minerals. Bad thing about this site, I don't see the goblins (or elves or humans for that matter) on the civ
screen, which means less invasions.

I really don't want to give this fort up because i'm never going to get an embark this good again. I think I'm going to prepare to conquer hell.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40218 on: March 08, 2015, 08:06:58 pm »

Expedition leader: Urist we need more logs, so fell some trees. Do not touch the tallest ones, though.
Urist: OK boss.
(A while later)
Let me check, we still need 15 more logs...
The tallest ones? Why not? It is unlikely the sky will fall if I remove them, will it? Ha.

Crash!

Urist: It is inevitable.

Elf diplomat: We warned you.

The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40219 on: March 08, 2015, 08:16:00 pm »

I applaud your Dwarven Ingenuity.
Thank you! I think I am !!WINNING!!.
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40220 on: March 08, 2015, 08:33:22 pm »

After two years with 100+ demons being secluded in the center of my fortress, including my candy and artifact store under their care, I charged into them with 80 proficient or better, steel layered dwarves. Yeah... Only two survived. There was a triplet of iron spiders.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #40221 on: March 08, 2015, 08:53:06 pm »

Yeah... Only two survived. There was a triplet of iron spiders.
Ouch. Three demons made of iron would be bad, but web-spitting demons made of iron? That pretty much sounds like game over.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Leelas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40222 on: March 08, 2015, 09:08:28 pm »

Got the classic "interrupted by forgotten beast" message, and zoomed to a giant dimetrodon massacring dwarves in the entrance to the fortress. Called up the military. First man to the scene was an off-duty hammerdwarf who beat  the beast to death with his hammer, but lost a hand due to the fact that he was not wearing his militia-issue steel gauntlets, and died from blood loss moments after winning the battle.

All in all, I lost seven dwarves, none of whom were too valuable (although a couple were related to several of my important military dwarves - this worries me), and nobody has so far shown any signs of illness from the beast's noxious secretions.

Turns out my miners had breached a downward passage without me being aware of it, and the beast had crawled in that way.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40223 on: March 08, 2015, 11:01:58 pm »

I reloaded a backup save after the treetop-roof-dropped-and-killed-everyone accident.

Then a armorer claimed a forge, grabbed a rose gold bar(the only metal bar I had) and a stack of lion bone and began her mysterious construction.

*face palm*

Fikod Vosutsibrek, Armorer has created Dezremguz Medtoblegan, a rose gold high boot!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 11:12:03 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40224 on: March 08, 2015, 11:24:43 pm »

Fun comes in threes:

#1: A military dwarf was found dead, drained of blood. Ah, crap. Time to play find-the-vampire.

#2: My legendary Bone Doctor had a mood, so I decided to Planepacked him and see what happens. He wasn't doing much anyways. I'll give it a year or so.

#3: I finished the tower to throw gobos onto spikes, and it's a beautiful thing. Now I just need to finish the waterfall generator for the elevated statue garden (happy thoughts AND cavern adaption prevention!).

Bonus: Bought the entire elven caravan with 2x masterwork giant steel axe blades. 23760 dwarfbucks each. Nice.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40225 on: March 08, 2015, 11:46:29 pm »

As preoccupied as I've been with security, everyone just comes right in the doors I leave hanging open. A wereiguana, this time. One of the swordsdwarves sent downstairs happened to be back in his old barracks to pick up some equipment when he caught it lurking through a security hatch. I called the guard, but he took care of it before they got out of their headquarters.

So that's who's been in the unknown caves around here. As an adventurer, I usually expect one or more vampires or werecreatures in these. They might have come from the same cave. I still haven't seen any vampires other than the human lawgiver, who serves as her own diplomat. I think I'll kill her next visit to see if the other human nation next door will send their caravans.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40226 on: March 09, 2015, 01:29:51 am »

I just bought some wooden equipments from the elves. I only keep a handful of steel weapons just in case a bronze colossus attack.

There isn't really much to do on ths map. So every one is having a long vacation.

ibanix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40227 on: March 09, 2015, 02:31:44 am »

"A human caravan from Dondur has arrived."

La-de-da....

"A lizard monster diplomat from Dondur has arrived."

.... what?

"A great lizard twisted into humanoid form with external ribs. It squirms and fidgets. Its crimson scales are large and close-set. Beware its poisonous sting!

She is small."

I'm not sure if I should laugh or hide.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40228 on: March 09, 2015, 02:56:21 am »

"A human caravan from Dondur has arrived."

La-de-da....

"A lizard monster diplomat from Dondur has arrived."

.... what?

"A great lizard twisted into humanoid form with external ribs. It squirms and fidgets. Its crimson scales are large and close-set. Beware its poisonous sting!

She is small."

I'm not sure if I should laugh or hide.

That's a demon diplomat. This one should be harmless.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40229 on: March 09, 2015, 03:03:32 am »

Lorbam Vabokdeduk, Spearmaster has entered a martial trance!
Edzul Logemurist, Hammer Lord has entered a martial trance!

Argh! Too many vengeful thoughts! I didn't know dorfs can hate hyenas that much.

Then some humans joined the conflict and they together chased the hyenas all the way to the roof (10 z levels above the ground).

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 03:05:45 am by utunnels »

Pages: 1 ... 2680 2681 [2682] 2683 2684 ... 3839