Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6121455 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #40110 on: March 02, 2015, 09:34:15 pm »

Naryar, I just re watched that movie! "Kaiju"   :D    :D  you know it's bad when you've got a level five kiaju coming out of the breach hell.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40111 on: March 02, 2015, 09:58:09 pm »

Telling Dastot the war miner to use a second shield instead of her pick during training helped a bit. She still has the poorest defensive skills, but at least they don't suck that much any more. High Master shield user and expert dodging should give her decent survivability in the field.

Annnnnnnd the goblin civ finally decided to deliver our order of terror; ~50 units, mostly trolls. Well, we have nine weaponmasters now.

<chop hack stab slash>

Done.

Dastot killed two goblins and two trolls. And a bit later, she took a look at the battlefield and promptly splattered a flock of keas that were trying to loot the trade depot.

Verviedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40112 on: March 02, 2015, 10:03:38 pm »

I struck Adamantine and made a little Adamantine Wafer factory in the far, far, far basement.

Also, dwarves are berserking for no reason. Two dwarves who had been standing still on Sub-Level ~60 for a year both berserked and killed two legendary axedwarves. I accidentallied all of the witnesses, excluding the military who put down the revolt.

And now for something different...
I have a mooding Mason who is screaming for cloth, so I put a stock pile with every kind of cloth in it two blocks away from him. He's still just sitting there.

...And he berserked when I was typing this. I probably need to clean the Mason's floor now...

Anyone know if it's worth it to use Poison Gas Forgotten Beasts to make gas chambers? I think the drowning chamber is too humane for the treehuggers.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40113 on: March 02, 2015, 10:06:20 pm »

If the queen had arrived on schedule, I'd still be pulling together the last few articles of masterwork furniture and hastily scrawling engravings before planting them. But I got it all smoothed and mostly ready, along with an expansion to the guard headquarters. I keep expecting another unwelcome visitor to arrive at the same time as a caravan, but so far, the quiet is unnerving.

And then: "Iton Asdug has arrived" Oh, don't bullshit me -- we are Iton Asdug. You got nothing out there, I know you've just been hiding offscreen for the rest of the year. No one sane would make the walk from that corner once in their lifetime much less every single year. If I walked over there, I'd find ruins empty except for beasts and elves. Elves who are fending the wrath of animated husks of their fellow elves. It looks like they're having their apocalypse over there. No wonder why they haven't come chasing us to carry on the ancient war. Elves suck ass as enemies anyway. Iton Asdug were pathetic for losing to them.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40114 on: March 03, 2015, 02:24:49 am »

Naryar, I just re watched that movie! "Kaiju"   :D    :D  you know it's bad when you've got a level five kiaju coming out of the breach hell.

There's a movie NAMED Kaiju ?

For me it just meant "giant monster" in japanese. And, you know, Godzilla Gojira and friends.

Dorfs R Fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40115 on: March 03, 2015, 02:33:40 am »

All four of my forts in this particular world gen have been plagued by wereelephants. My current forts' Dwarven traders killed a wereelaphant. Derpa me, I forgots about ALL the injured traders turning into were-elephants and murderizing my shit syndrome. I used to be better at this game. 3 confirmed wereelephant kills on this embark. Had to deconstruct the trade depot to get the infected to finally leave. I hate doing that because I really don't want all their crap.

At least the mining of the 10z deep Grand Hall has been going well. 

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40116 on: March 03, 2015, 06:46:09 am »

For me it just meant "giant monster" in japanese. And, you know, Godzilla Gojira and friends.

Judging by their reference to "level five" and "the breach" I believe they were referring to Pacific Rim

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40117 on: March 03, 2015, 08:25:45 am »

A small area of the map is on an evil biome.
At first it didn't cause any troubles except it rained elf blood often. But soon some ogres came and destroyed the trade depot. I sent my newly recruited squads to dispatch them. The battle should be easy, but then a dwarven child decided to lend a hand but instead got himself killed.
 ::)
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40118 on: March 03, 2015, 08:32:57 am »

The definition suits the megabeasts. I'm not sure about the colossus; I always imagine them as bulky statues, but the name implies that that they'd be giant-sized. And from the weight of their corpses, the forgotten beasts would have to be kaiju as well.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40119 on: March 03, 2015, 08:50:29 am »

OH NO!!

An undead siege!

Well, most of them are goblins, except one elf zombie. I locked the doors and walled off the entrance on the other side of the river just in case some of them are swimmers. But it appeared they couldn't path into water.

I was wrong.
Some goblins jumped or swam across the river and killed every one outside, include the founder.
Without a military I couldn't do anything to drove them off so the rest of them had to turtle behind the doors.

The fortress fell.
A lone goblin pikeman jumped to the second level before they finished the door and killed everyone left.

In the early spring of 167, The Rampart of Vises of The Ignited Corridors founded Helmsbraids.
In the early spring of 168, The Lie of Knots defeated The Rampart of Vises of The Ignited Corridors and destroyed Helmsbraids.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 09:10:31 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40120 on: March 03, 2015, 10:38:55 am »

A FB with deadly poison clouds killed my two dwarf strong fledgling military.

Then half of my fort's civilians charged it. Vengeful thoughts ahoy. Half of my fort ended up dead as well. Abandoned, ended up reclaiming, abandoned again.

Also my male cave dragon was ASEXUAL DAMN THESE ANIMAL ORIENTATIONS

On another part, I have started a dwarf fortress on the outside. No underground rooms ! (Well maybe a cellar or something) Obsidian blocks are on very high demand, and having to rely on the buggy outside plants for food is annoying. Strawberry plants fail, apparently I cannot brew barley and the only alcohol source I have is rye.

Damn it's easy to dig for rooms instead of building them. And underground plants are very easy as well, especially the all-solving plump helmet. (My civ does NOT have access to plump helmets, for some reason. Must be the single cavern layer).

Living like humans ain't easy.

The good news is that I have a volcano and a brook so I will build my entire fort out of obsidian. And metals, of course.

Also I am on the greatest biome ever, aka a savage desert (don't remember if it is a badlands or rocky wasteland. Probably badlands)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:48:29 am by Naryar »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40121 on: March 03, 2015, 11:03:35 am »

I reclaimed the fortress. The first migrant wave had a legendary couple.

And

And then another legendary couple.

Wait, there are more?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:15:33 am by utunnels »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40122 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »

Yellowgill encountered a cave croc I'd hoped to capture. If he could fend off something with 4 forelegs and pinchers with his shield, a critter who's all teeth shouldn't be a problem. And he wasn't; Gilly went stabbity-stab-block-stabbity-stabmore. The croc fell unconscious and Gilly gut him. Well that's over.

Except it wasn't. I look back later and see forbidden Gilly-bits and a named cave crocodile. When the croc came to retching, he chomped Gilly's leg off, and that wore out his block/stab pace until he dropped from exhaustion. Damn, we had engravings about this guy, and now the engravings will be about Languishedhaunts. Well, time to get a taste of history -- send out the hunters!

I opened that part of the cavern, stationed 6 guards and sent 4 after the croc. Shouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't; it was done in a few steps without casualty. But the site was something else.

My elites are pretty hardened in combat, but they'd never seen carnage like this, never seen so many sentients obliterated. The bodies of 10 cave swallow men and women in parts and various stages of mutilation. I worried about my rookie, who got 5 horrified thoughts simultaneously. I don't think I have a butcher hardened enough to fetch the kill, or collect the body of Gilly, or the giant cave spider he killed. No one will be hungry for croc meat after seeing this. A liquid diet straight from the barrel might be best.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40123 on: March 03, 2015, 03:19:11 pm »

Towering bulging ape with external ribs and long atennae appeared, breathing fire, in my first layer of caverns. Protected by artifact floor grate, but lost caged animals down there, as it killed everything else.. Almost entire system on fire or ash, but tower caps ok. Life above continues as normal, but with marginally more cats...
One wheel short of a wagon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #40124 on: March 03, 2015, 03:25:05 pm »

The second time around I successfully executed my prisoners without causing a loyalty cascade. I only sent in three dwarves and now I have another dwarf with title, Macelord Stinthad Ringtakers the Dignified Discovery. I rigged up some cage traps and a chain with my GCS and managed to capture Stibmer Bleachbones, an eyeless lizard of some kind with poison spit, inside a cage. Cool.

Goblins came and died. I captured several. They will replace the captives I executed. There are less than last year - perhaps they are running out of soldiers. I hope they send recruits then, they have plenty of citizens.

Since the invaders always come out of the same place on the map, I've begun building walls around that area as well as more cage traps and some weapon traps.

Both dwarven and impish merchants came - but the fire imps dragged their pack animals through my lava moat and then got mad and left when they burned to death. Shit, there goes half my trade this year. I hope they don't declare war, because that would mean every single civilization would be against mine. Bastiongate would probably end up as the last bastion of dwarfkind.
Pages: 1 ... 2673 2674 [2675] 2676 2677 ... 3842