Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2652 2653 [2654] 2655 2656 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6103932 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39795 on: February 17, 2015, 12:07:06 am »

I locked up all the dogs because they fill my fort with plump helmet man bits. ::)
Now my dorfs are building floors in the cavern. Those panicing Elk birds aren't doing anything harmful, so I'll leave them alone, because killing them will cause other creatures to spawn in their places.
My new manager (also miner and wood cutter) cut down a mushroom tree and fell into the lake. Fortunately he's a novice swimmer so he managed to climb back.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:55:57 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39796 on: February 17, 2015, 03:22:28 am »

Finally dealt with my goddamn werehare infestation, the one surviving infected is walled up. I just looked at his stats, he's a 177 year old carpenter/soldier and ecstatic after spending like three months in an unlit room with no food or water and only the rotting corpses of his similarly infected comrades for company. Knowing a number of cool, elderly carpenters/vets, I can only imagine him as being happy he can give the younger sons of the Fortress Lekineth one last gift. :( Sad.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39797 on: February 17, 2015, 06:11:12 am »

Finally dealt with my goddamn werehare infestation, the one surviving infected is walled up.

Bwahaha, had to do the same. One of them is my mayor.  :D He was "worried" after killing some children that his mandate was ignored. Sick bastard.
Wonder if our forts are now unkillable since they will live forever. :o

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39798 on: February 17, 2015, 08:28:20 am »

Well, since the last months half of my population was in squads, training hard as there was a FB in the cavern waiting.
Then suddenly another FB came and killed the other one.  :D
Because it got a bit hurt in the fight, i decided to go in with my squads.
But my awesome squadleader just needed his whip to get the work done:

I will name him Indiana Jones.  8) Oh, and whips are op.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39799 on: February 17, 2015, 09:30:32 am »

A cave croc ripped some dorf's hand off, then was shot to death by my militia captain. I was also chosen as a barony, I elevated a furnace operator who doesn't like anything. I am now donating over 210,000U worth of goods to my home civ in the hopes the king will come. I mean, what else am I supposed to do with all that bone junk and worn masterwork clothing?

Burts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39800 on: February 17, 2015, 09:45:23 am »

You know what would be fun? Reclaiming a fortress that was abandoned during world gen! Yay!

Okay, LETS GO!

Strike the earth! 

Horrifying screams come from the darkness below! What? How? Okay, interesting, apparently the dwarves have dug out a 9x9 hole in the ground, that goes all the way to the HFS. A section of the cavern has collapsed! Why? Looks like there is some kind of infinite cave ins here... Looking at the lowest level where hell is, i notice something truly weird. The dwarves somehow managed to dig out the slade. And somehow this is causing infinite cave ins. Okay, time to abandon this fortress. This place is weird. The dwarves have litterally dug out of the earth.

EDIT : Started a new fort. Okay, lets cut down some trees. Oops. Woodcutting accident. My expedition leaders leg is now mangled beyond recognition.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:57:56 am by Burts »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39801 on: February 17, 2015, 10:55:47 am »

Forgotten beast came. Forgotten beast fell for the forgotten beast trap. Forgotten beast was pelted by marksdwarves. Forgotten beast died.

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39802 on: February 17, 2015, 11:23:31 am »

Here aswell. A new one. And right after a Goblins+Trolls wave.  >:( "Composed of vomit". Luckily, only one dwarf died.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39803 on: February 17, 2015, 12:16:57 pm »

So I decide to start digging out multi z level deep chambers instead of giving my dorfs living chambers. I also carved out a sheer cliff face... I swear digging and planning things in 3 dimensions is difficult. Next time I do this I am giving my miners climbing skills.

So has anyone figured out how to train dorfs in climbing yet?
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39804 on: February 17, 2015, 12:22:53 pm »

Mine was stone with poison gas, so I figured I would play it safe and use the trap. A kid grew up and he had an okay personality, so I drafted him into the military. This time, I won't sent the entire squad to fight the goblins this year. He will live to be a master.

awwwwwww yeaaaaaaah

I also captured two male giant leopard geckos, which means I will be having babies soon. If anything even gives a funny look to one of my animal trainers (who are nearly legendary) they will get eaten alive by four hundred voracious cave crawlers.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39805 on: February 17, 2015, 03:30:57 pm »

I have this one juvenile delinquent dwarf child who has spent at least a week in-game trying to destroy a table, long after the end of the tantrum in which she decided to vandalize it.  She's quite thirsty and there's plenty of booze, but I guess she really hates that one table.  (This might be a bug.)

Edit:  She just finished smashing it, and now thirty other kids are rushing to report her to the vice principal captain of the guard.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:42:23 pm by Huntthetroll »

Eddlm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39806 on: February 17, 2015, 04:17:13 pm »

My first fort ever after daring to download Lazy Newt Pack and finally trying the game.
Surprisingly a year has passed and noone died, although some of them had to sleep on the floor for the first months and survive without booze until summer, when I figured out how to brew it.

Then a creature enters my fort, without having any kind of militia.
For some reason half the fort ran into it and started punching it, like 8 people punching the poor at the same time.

I'm trying to craft some kind of (wooden) weapons to kill it, as these dwarves have been punching the croc for like a week now, and are starting to feel thirsty.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 04:25:36 pm by Eddlm »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39807 on: February 17, 2015, 04:53:41 pm »

Domestication Program

Tamed
 - Giant sparrows
 - Buzzards
 - Voracious cave crawlers
Breeding
 - Giant echidnas
 - Giant leopard geckos
 - Barn owls
Ongoing
 - Giant jaguars (need male)
 - Giant toads (need female)
 - Rutherers (need female)
 - Jabberers (need male)
 - Giant cave swallows (need female)

One of my tame VCCs just gave birth - I've only gotten to the third generation of taming in one fort in v34.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:05:03 pm by TheFlame52 »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39808 on: February 17, 2015, 05:43:35 pm »

Finally dealt with my goddamn werehare infestation, the one surviving infected is walled up.

Bwahaha, had to do the same. One of them is my mayor.  :D He was "worried" after killing some children that his mandate was ignored. Sick bastard.
Wonder if our forts are now unkillable since they will live forever. :o

They will? OoooOOOooohhh... This is interesting indeed. >:D
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39809 on: February 17, 2015, 05:53:19 pm »

Population broke 100 and created wealth is coming close to 1mil, so things should get interesting. I have one empty barracks and barely equipped the two+guard units already stationed. I have a blue cone and 2 legendary miners, but no legendary armorer or weaponsmith, so there's no point in digging it out now. By the time I finish my city, I should have 4 legendary miners and someone might have mooded.

I lost a possessed dwarf, and he would've been a carpenter, too. All he wanted was a piece of string! I cracked open a hospital chest for the last three cloth threads and forbid them, but someone picked took them to the weaver's stockpile anyway. I cancelled the loom's weaving job and filled it with suspended web collection jobs. After getting a plot built and planted with rope reed for future needs, I saw possessed still sitting at the workshop and an active job on the loom, weaving yarn after using up the cloth thread. Possessed went berserk shortly after that. The commander pacified him by turning his head into an explosion of teeth, but I blame the weavers -- the weavers killed my legendary carpenter!
So has anyone figured out how to train dorfs in climbing yet?
No, but I doubt they'd actually use it. I've got competent swimmers who refuse to cross a 1-tile channel, and no one willing to dive 7/7 for sunken logs. They should make wood out of more buoyant material;]
Pages: 1 ... 2652 2653 [2654] 2655 2656 ... 3842