Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2644 2645 [2646] 2647 2648 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6104795 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39675 on: February 12, 2015, 07:39:01 pm »

I have about 1500 bars of metal, I've cage trapped 1/8 of the map edge (4x4), crundles hatched but they have no child state so I'm butchering them, and my 5-man military is legendary +5. This is boring, give me an FB or something, I want some Fun!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39676 on: February 12, 2015, 07:49:35 pm »

My fort has cassiterite and tetrahedrite; obviously, my military is built around bronze. Iron and bronze were brought at embark, leading to the captains having iron weaponry and the subordinates having bronze. After acquiring more bronze and iron (from caravans in ore form), strong armor will be forged, to reduce casualties.
Said fort has killed a weresomething (elk I think), thanks to the caravan guards, an amber titan, and a charcoal forgotten beast.
Throw me a semimegabeast to see how we measure up, DF.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39677 on: February 12, 2015, 10:27:57 pm »

I built a safe pump room after my previous pumping attempt failed.
I didn't know pump could cause flood that could wash the pump operator away.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39678 on: February 13, 2015, 03:37:02 am »

So, an elf diplomat happened. Funny, I don't remember abusing the elves. Or cutting a lot of trees.

However, the elf chick had the great idea of happening right next to a tigerman siege (heh, another weakass siege: ten tigermen wrestlers ? seriously ?) and she instantly went insane and dropped off all her clothes.

I don't think she's gonna survive, to be honest. I sent my army to kill the tigermen (I don't actually want to strain relations with the elves), but I'm sure they'll kill her before I happen.

Edit: Yes, she's dead now. Alright, so I was just going to kill these damned furries quickly... and now I want to do it SLOWLY.

Edit 2: Now I realize I had my entrance closed and I completely missed the arrival of the elf diplomat   ::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:48:21 am by Naryar »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39679 on: February 13, 2015, 03:51:53 am »

Too many accidents recently. But no body died, yet.
I tried to mine out some layers but I made a mistake, which caused too many isolated lands. I had to keep the floors below them so I couldn't use cave-in method.

Creatures just kept coming out from the well. Rotten bodies littered around the weapon traps. No body wanted to collect them because the refuse stockpile was full.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:55:56 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39680 on: February 13, 2015, 04:27:53 am »

Just look at this beauty... and it was kinda fun that all my starting seven started at the western edge of that volcano, staring into the magma.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39681 on: February 13, 2015, 06:24:13 am »

Last fort failed after breathing some candyfloss that caused short term intense pain and asphyxiation long term no upperbody. I was laughing as the ingnorant fools wandered into the pink sweetness with no clue on what this divine vapour was.
Started again, on a volcano so I carved stairs straight down adjacent the tube and found cavern layer two, made a quick little breaching room with a masons workshop and mechanics for traps, breached through and put a door down, then the merchants and diplomat came. The diplomat had an agenda to chase around the expedition leader and eventualy chases him into the 2nd lvl caves and praise the miners.
Im laughing at how silly this diplomat is and I found adamant a year quicker than normal.
The reason he was chasing people down was because his race is an evil human.
Dont worry, I locked him in the caves.
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39682 on: February 13, 2015, 10:08:49 am »

The manager drowned after a mining accident. They never found his corpse.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39683 on: February 13, 2015, 10:20:56 am »

Engrave a slab, quick!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39684 on: February 13, 2015, 10:28:29 am »

Engrave a slab, quick!
Yeah, he got a masterwork slab. I guess they can't find corpse 2 z levels below the water, even if they stand right above it. The slab said he went missing.

He had been my manager for 16 years.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39685 on: February 13, 2015, 12:50:31 pm »

Within the first month, before I even cracked the caverns, one of the options to engrave a slab was the name Spezoslem. Someone legendary died around here? I went ahead and engraved him a slab, then looked him up in Legends. It turned out to be a crundle who killed a cave swallow woman. Not even in combat; she died of infection.

So I set him up in the beer hall to toast to whenever anyone is drunk enough to. He's kind of the tavern mascot now.

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39686 on: February 13, 2015, 04:47:12 pm »

I finally had the luck to cagetrap a Jabberer.   :-*

But i was wondering why does it have a name?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39687 on: February 13, 2015, 04:52:47 pm »

It killed a dwarf beforehand.

BesorgterZwerg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39688 on: February 13, 2015, 05:00:37 pm »

Ah, yes it easily killed my thresher but i remember other animals killing my dwarfs and ive never seen that they get a special name. :o

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #39689 on: February 13, 2015, 05:22:24 pm »

All the saplings that were present when I embarked grew pretty much all at once. I'm debating pumping magma up to the surface to fill my moat and cleanse the world with holy fire. I've also begun building the Eyrie, a large tower in the center of my walls that will serve as the breeding area and training grounds for the war giant sparrows (and other birds maybe) that I will inevitably have. Did I mention I modded giant animals to be war trainable? Well I did. It is terrifying.
Pages: 1 ... 2644 2645 [2646] 2647 2648 ... 3842