Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2618 2619 [2620] 2621 2622 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5969257 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39285 on: January 24, 2015, 01:50:39 am »

The goblins didn't come.
I got bored.
I fired the cave-in trap.
The goblins came.
I had no soldiers.

Lock the door and facepalm.

The siege was broken by a couple of cage traps.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:34:13 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39286 on: January 24, 2015, 06:43:34 am »

The Macedwarf Deler Identusung Od Gäzot from Äs Iseth has arrived.

It is terrifying! The outpost liaison who killed all my starting seven returned.
How did the liaison kill your dwarves? Was it a werecreature or a vampire?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39287 on: January 24, 2015, 07:59:03 am »

The Macedwarf Deler Identusung Od Gäzot from Äs Iseth has arrived.

It is terrifying! The outpost liaison who killed all my starting seven returned.
How did the liaison kill your dwarves? Was it a werecreature or a vampire?

Because I tried to kill him. :P He and the caravan refused to leave the map.
I didn't notice he's a military type until it's too late.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39288 on: January 24, 2015, 08:42:45 am »

The human diplomat informs me...

I just... I don't... Wow, those humans.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #39289 on: January 24, 2015, 09:05:44 am »

I've dug down to the first cavern layer. There's plenty of fungiwood and cave moss, so it looks like there's a river somewhere.

As soon as I breached the caverns, All my idle dwarves just ran down and picked up the aftermath of a troglodyte - rodent man war. Looks like the rodent men were the victors. They seem to be ignoring the dwarves who are carrying off all the corpses and such.

The rodent men appear to be injured. One has a broken left foot. Another has a bruised left foot. Another has muscle damage on her left lower arm.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39290 on: January 24, 2015, 09:27:25 am »

I'm getting the "Nemesis Unit Load Failed" error. I didn't realize what kind of an error it was the first time so I thought it might have been a fluke and I could just restore and continue playing. I've got some debugging to do if I want to keep playing this embark, I guess.
See bugreport 0001371: "Nemesis Unit Load Failed" (from elves?).
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #39291 on: January 24, 2015, 12:32:56 pm »

... One of my marks dwarves just got killed by a giant cave bat
Oh god
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Kuikka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39292 on: January 24, 2015, 05:03:14 pm »

I have a front seat for an epic (or very short) forgotten beast battle. Twofightingdinosaursohmygodthisishappiness bring on the roasted plump helmets!!!!1!!!

In the red corner:

Gugo, a huge sauropod with external ribs. It has a knobby shell and it has gaunt appearance. Its dark indigo scales are oval-shaped and set far apart. Beware its fire!

Aaand the latest competitor in the blue corner:

Zikath, a huge theropod with lidless eyes. It has feathered wings and it has a bloated body. Its beige feathers are long and broad. Beware its webs!

Lordhermitcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39293 on: January 24, 2015, 05:06:44 pm »

I have created a drowning chamber in the place of my main entrance to my fortress, and use it against migrants and sieges alike. It's messy but effective.
THE CONCRETE IS ON FIRE

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39294 on: January 24, 2015, 06:19:41 pm »

I have a front seat for an epic (or very short) forgotten beast battle. Twofightingdinosaursohmygodthisishappiness bring on the roasted plump helmets!!!!1!!!

In the red corner:

Gugo, a huge sauropod with external ribs. It has a knobby shell and it has gaunt appearance. Its dark indigo scales are oval-shaped and set far apart. Beware its fire!

Aaand the latest competitor in the blue corner:

Zikath, a huge theropod with lidless eyes. It has feathered wings and it has a bloated body. Its beige feathers are long and broad. Beware its webs!
That seems like it's going to be one fun battle. Fire beats webs though. The webs get set on fire, whoosh, they're gone. Still, the ability to fly seems like it might help Zikath a bit, but it seems like the only way Gugo can lose is if Zikath scores a lucky hit on Gugo's presumably unprotected neck.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39295 on: January 24, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »

I feel so blessed.  First one in .40.x I have seen.

And now it's going ON MY WALL.

Edit: Ugh.  Learn to use your shields, midgets.  6 dwarves died, and now the woods have burned down.  Boy, the elves are going to be pissed  :D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 06:41:23 pm by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39296 on: January 24, 2015, 07:24:13 pm »

... One of my marks dwarves just got killed by a giant cave bat
Oh god

In other news, it's been so long since I played dwarves that I forgot that mayor, bookkeeper, and manager were all separate positions.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #39297 on: January 25, 2015, 02:30:11 am »

Recently dealt with my first werebeast, but someone apparently got bitten and I missed it, 'cause my Manager just transformed into a giant angry bunny in the middle of the dormitory, killed like three civvies, and bit several others, including my Captain of the Guard. I have assigned all the adults to the military with a useless uniform, then ordered them to station somewhere suicidal, but I have a problem. Two children also got bitten, and they won't go to their rooms so I can seal em' in, what do I do?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

nick56x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39298 on: January 25, 2015, 02:31:50 am »

In my Fortress, starvation and hunger isn't a thing! However... the proud Mayor's gauntlet fetish is...

Mayor: "I DEMAND SIX PAIRS OF GAUNTLETS."
Armour Smith: "I have six pairs of Iron Gauntlets, m'lord."

* Day later... *

Mayor: "OUR ARMED FORCES ARE BANNED FROM USING MY GAUNTLETS, AND YOU SHALL NOT EXPORT THEM."

I swear, through my computer, I could feel the military, and the Amour Smith, throw their hands up in the air and mutter "Feckin' bastard..."  That and I can image Urist McMayor just drool over pairs of gauntlets for his entirety of his life.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #39299 on: January 25, 2015, 09:30:06 am »

My two-dorf military is slowly becoming legendary by sparring. One has a bronze war hammer and the other has an obsidian sword.
Pages: 1 ... 2618 2619 [2620] 2621 2622 ... 3839