Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2606 2607 [2608] 2609 2610 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102530 times)

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #39105 on: January 11, 2015, 06:54:11 pm »

Whelp, my well is almost full, my mayor has all she needs to not throw a tantrum... and I found that there is a god on my world.

Zim.
Male.

ALL BOW BEFORE ZIIIIIIM!

Edit: I just saw this engraving in my fort. "Engraved on the floor is a finely-designed image of a soldier ant woman and Brutestill the crundle by Ineth Noramvabok. Brutestill is striking down the soldier ant woman. The artwork relates to the killing of a soldier ant woman by the crundle Brutestill in Redrings in the late winter of 125."

HOW DO MY DWARVES KNOW OF THIS CRUNDLE?! I mean, yes he is underneath the fortress, but I haven't dug down that far to have possibly encountered him. What the HFS?

Looks like I need a military before I dig too much deeper.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 07:11:41 pm by Oriolous »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39106 on: January 11, 2015, 07:19:11 pm »

A possessed dorf wanted cloth.
I didn't have yarn or silk cloth.
So I dug into the cavern to collect webs and weaved into cloth.
The dorf still refused to use them.

Then the caravan came and I bought a silk cloth bin.
He grabbed a spider silk coth from the bin and started his work....

???
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39107 on: January 11, 2015, 07:41:37 pm »

Shieldtown is within range of a tower, and sits less than two map squares away from three dark pits full of goblins.  It is three map squares from their capital, with over 10000 goblins, 8000 trolls, and assorted others.  Shieldtown is three years old.  I am in the same map square as an ettin's lair, though it is not on my embark.

I have had one (1) werebeast, which transformed before it could harm anyone.  Other than that, nothing.  Not a thing.

I'm getting worried.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39108 on: January 11, 2015, 08:23:54 pm »

Wallmurdered continues to grow :D. I robbed the elves by the classic method of destryoing the Depot, unfortunately, i didn't have access to magma :(. I also begun the process of creating a millitary, steel and a hospital. What a wonderful combination. Some soldier went secretive and created a iron scepter. Everything going well. Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39109 on: January 11, 2015, 08:43:06 pm »

I just sent my 5 Dwarf militia for live practice down in the caverns. They ran around at breakneck speed, slaughtering 10 Elk Birds, a Giant Olm, and a dozen Troglodytes in a hilarious frenzy. When they had finished, they went back up to train in the barracks. I checked their thoughts, and the quote of the militia commander was "What was that?

I'm starting to wonder myself.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #39110 on: January 11, 2015, 08:56:47 pm »

I'd also like to point out that the name of my current fort is Beerales.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39111 on: January 11, 2015, 09:00:47 pm »

I'd also like to point out that the name of my current fort is Beerales.
Congratulations! You have created a new alcoholic beverage made of fermented Dwarf!
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39112 on: January 12, 2015, 12:51:17 am »

A moody dorf created a copper mail shirt.
I should have reserved some steel bars...
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

damnit,urist,youhadonejob

• Bay Watcher
  • ugh don't build your self on that side of the wall
    • View Profile
« Reply #39113 on: January 12, 2015, 02:54:04 am »

i have steal, i have a good fort going, still need to make bedrooms but it can wait. why the little green bastards no attack me yet? all i have had is some thieves. so sad, two years and nothing. (i made sure i was within the civ neighborhood)  i have killed more of my people with my mining than i have with enemies

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39114 on: January 12, 2015, 03:38:59 am »

I forgot to disable hunting for the new hunters.

They rushed into the cavern to kill naked mole dogs when other dorfs were loading cage traps.

Knowing marksdwarves could spend days to kill a thing, I sent my only melee squad of 10 elite dorfs. Shortly after that, I got a full cavern of troglodyte and NMD corpses and limbs to mop.

An unrecognizable mess.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39115 on: January 12, 2015, 03:48:53 am »

Speaking of naked mole dog...

A feathered serpent with infectious blood spent more than a season killing a reptilian men tribe, painting the whole camp red with blood from both the serpent and reptilian men warriors. In the middle of the fight, a naked mole dog crawled by, picked up a {preserved cave crocodile heart}, scrambled over a charging reptilian man, and walked away, while its less brave companions were standing in a semi-circle behind a series of diorite pillars, seemingly interested by the fight.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39116 on: January 12, 2015, 06:56:01 am »

I recently tried to plug an unwanted, CPU-straining waterflow with a controlled cave-in. The dwarf who got the job of mining out the last supporting floortile was Eshtân Atticspiraled, mother of two, who was naturally carrying her offspring while working. The moment the cave-in broke off, she got startled and threw her babies onto the falling piece of rock. Amazingly, the children survived the fall (of about 5 z-levels) completely unharmed, and were shortly back under the care of their protective parent.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39117 on: January 12, 2015, 08:49:22 am »

While obviously never going to be too great a challenge, King Iton has proved his worth to the dwarven people by slaying the first megabeast to attack the place, Ongong Abunchofothergoblinwords the Giantess. Alone. The fight opened with Iton stabbing the giant in the leg, sending it face first into the ground, and then after being gut-stabbed twice, she passed out. Iton then stabbed her in the head three times, the third succeeding in tearing the brain.

Space for a fortress guard has been prepared and I figured out how Urist McDrowned #3 killed himself: Sometimes sparring spills out of the barracks, and he fell in during one such session, so I'm building a small wall/platform to prevent such accidents.

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #39118 on: January 12, 2015, 08:57:27 am »

A dumb miner suffered a cave-in accident after digging straight down and having a highwood log 360 quickscope his upper body. For some reason that i don't know, only one dwarf saw his death, which was a farmer and after some months, the same exact farmer was elected mayor. Why? Who knows, who cares...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39119 on: January 12, 2015, 10:41:49 am »

Golins in this world seem to be dead.
Haven't seen them for years...

Pages: 1 ... 2606 2607 [2608] 2609 2610 ... 3842