Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6102289 times)

Zauren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #3885 on: June 22, 2010, 03:25:38 pm »

I've been having a lot of luck with my current fort. When I embarked, I noticed I had a very agile, very strong, tough, and indefatiguable dwarf (!). Who liked WARHAMMERS. So I stuck them in a barracks on day 1, and they are ungodly legendary.

To make matters better, I mined out some adamantium, and shortly thereafter my armorer hit fey mood and made adamantium greaves. And another peasant got possessed and made an adamantium boot. Now my ungodly warhammer dwarf is outfit in two adamantium artifacts, and top quality adamantium.

They oneshot a giant, effectively. No joke, they ran up and struck them in the leg so hard they succumbed to pain in one blow and then proceeded to get beaten to death.

My only wonder is what the best material is for a warhammer. Or does quality matter more. I lucked out on a one-from-masterwork steel warhammer on my first caravan but don't know if something else might work better.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: June 22, 2010, 03:29:12 pm »

Well things are surprisingly calm in Postmines. No ambushes so far, and the underground creatures haven't been to violent.....

......crap. Can I kill this thing?

EDIT: He's standing right next to my fishing pond, which he can easily fly over. I'm gonna have to fight it.

Oh that's just great. A human carvan picked now to show up, which probably means an ambush.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 03:35:57 pm by Internet Kraken »
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: June 22, 2010, 03:36:44 pm »

Set up a ballista or two and take some shots at it, but have your military dwarves there to finish it, or get finished.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 22, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »

Set up a ballista or two and take some shots at it, but have your military dwarves there to finish it, or get finished.

I can't really do that since he keeps moving around. Now he's just skirting around the two entrances to my fort, being a coward. Or he's waiting for me to send my military away. Are FB that smart?
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 22, 2010, 03:50:31 pm »

they sort of just Stand around from what I can tell. Bridges seem like enough to Deter them.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: June 22, 2010, 03:53:39 pm »

LOOOOOOOOL

funniest thing is happening..

i just found out that the forgotten beast that is currently 'wreaking havoc' cant really do anything

i already knew that my forgotten beast consisting of flames was swimming around in water and not dying, i didnt think much of it, but it renders the beast useless in the meantime, he cannot hurt anything in the water, if he shoots fire it gets put out immediatly

the beast attacked my armorer, but alas, in the water nothing happened
the armorers dog got pissed so he jumped in the water and is currently ripping the FB apart, this might be the first time in DF history that a dog, not ever war/hunting dog kills a  FB
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: June 22, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »

I've been having a lot of luck with my current fort. When I embarked, I noticed I had a very agile, very strong, tough, and indefatiguable dwarf (!). Who liked WARHAMMERS. So I stuck them in a barracks on day 1, and they are ungodly legendary.

To make matters better, I mined out some adamantium, and shortly thereafter my armorer hit fey mood and made adamantium greaves. And another peasant got possessed and made an adamantium boot. Now my ungodly warhammer dwarf is outfit in two adamantium artifacts, and top quality adamantium.

They oneshot a giant, effectively. No joke, they ran up and struck them in the leg so hard they succumbed to pain in one blow and then proceeded to get beaten to death.

My only wonder is what the best material is for a warhammer. Or does quality matter more. I lucked out on a one-from-masterwork steel warhammer on my first caravan but don't know if something else might work better.

Silver's the best IIRC.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: June 22, 2010, 03:55:32 pm »

Epic Dog is Epic, he get a name for that?

*Mayor facepalms*

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: June 22, 2010, 03:57:14 pm »

:o... hurm owner already named him, but maybe i can give him a nickname

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 22, 2010, 04:02:41 pm »

I'm trying whether or not to break my code just this once to retrieve the anvil I left topside years ago. Honoredsalve in the Typical generational slowness is only just reaching the point were metalworking is possible (just found fuel, though the magma will be ready shortly as well).

I have magma below me, I just don't have the dwarfpower to defend it. I've got a gathering pool set up to be able to use it safely, but it's a long way from my main fort and it would be crippling to use it and anything else at the same time.

*Mayor facepalms*

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: June 22, 2010, 04:07:37 pm »

:O breaking news, the FB entered to the upper, dry level of my fort, but then about 6 dogs came after him, and KILLED HIM! WOOT

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:44 pm »

Did you find out ow he got in?
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: June 22, 2010, 04:11:25 pm »

well, my fort is in a cavern, and the main area is right on the shore of the cavern-lake, i thought i sealed off the ramps but apparently not, but besides that he got in, the dogs only sustained minor wounds and now we have a dead FB :D

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: June 22, 2010, 04:14:25 pm »

My section of the fortress is sealed off all the way to the sealing. I'm glad too because there's a Giant Cave swallow flitting about now and there's no way I'd have been able to stop it if It'd managed to get in.

*Mayor facepalms*

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: June 22, 2010, 04:16:40 pm »

anything without armor is relativly easy to kill, >.> i have 8 men all novice werstlers kick down a giant toad and a giant bat, they sustained injuries and one cant walk now,.. .. ..

.. ..

but i killed em :D
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 3842