Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2536 2537 [2538] 2539 2540 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100947 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #38055 on: November 18, 2014, 12:42:22 am »

in the middle of a massive bolt recovering work, and building an atom smasher in order to destroy corpses, hopefully this will help to gain some FPS, im around 40-30 right now. smelting is in process at the same time of fuel production, and there's plenty of wood yet, some dorfs have taken weapons from the stockpiles so now im having mix of different experts. no marksdwarves yet

the dumping zone is ready but they're not putting stuff in there, i dont know why, the zone is active, i have idle dorfs and corpses are marked for dumping (big purple D), also a kangaroo doe jumped in one of my traps and is in process of taming, the buck was nearby but never passed around the other traps. so looks like i have a single animal for now. will have to wait and see what happens. im producing all kinds of weapons with the silver (maces, warhammers and cages) and the bronze(swords,axes and spears). no armor yet.

Are you set to gather refuse from outside? [o,r,o]

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38056 on: November 18, 2014, 10:51:15 am »

in the middle of a massive bolt recovering work, and building an atom smasher in order to destroy corpses, hopefully this will help to gain some FPS, im around 40-30 right now. smelting is in process at the same time of fuel production, and there's plenty of wood yet, some dorfs have taken weapons from the stockpiles so now im having mix of different experts. no marksdwarves yet

the dumping zone is ready but they're not putting stuff in there, i dont know why, the zone is active, i have idle dorfs and corpses are marked for dumping (big purple D), also a kangaroo doe jumped in one of my traps and is in process of taming, the buck was nearby but never passed around the other traps. so looks like i have a single animal for now. will have to wait and see what happens. im producing all kinds of weapons with the silver (maces, warhammers and cages) and the bronze(swords,axes and spears). no armor yet.

Are you set to gather refuse from outside? [o,r,o]

that must be the issue thanks! i thought it was just seeting the zone

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38057 on: November 18, 2014, 11:09:29 am »

So a human caravan guard got into a scrap with a weretortoise and by chance hacked off it's shell. I got a new idea for a pointlessly dangerous and inefficient industry.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38058 on: November 18, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »

channeled the ceiling of my barracks and the dining hall in order to fight cave adaptation, now i have to put a ceiling there again, some cave ins were expected, but no casualties. formed a marksdwarve militia. and a second siege came, my two first squads were able to kill the gobs in seconds without loosing anyone and i was eben able to caught a prisoner (cool :D)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38059 on: November 18, 2014, 02:26:58 pm »

So a human caravan guard got into a scrap with a weretortoise and by chance hacked off it's shell. I got a new idea for a pointlessly dangerous and inefficient industry.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What are shells even for?

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38060 on: November 18, 2014, 02:36:53 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What are shells even for?

crafts for selling of course :v and some armor equipment

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38061 on: November 18, 2014, 02:39:23 pm »

bronze hasnt depleted yet, dont know why, but should have enough for making several armors, just not right now. msot of the platinum was sent to make cages and chains, i should build a prison soon.

captured some wild boars and accidentally some buzzards, my animal trainers are learning to tame these beasts. the birds arent of much use but the boars should print money.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #38062 on: November 18, 2014, 03:33:15 pm »

I got a baron, and within a week he demanded a throne in his dining room. The room that he didn't even have yet, because I hadn't made it for him.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38063 on: November 18, 2014, 04:23:32 pm »

got to get a bookkeeper and a broker, the fort as a wealth of almost 500K. with more imports than exports strangely. no sieges as of now. catched a group of horses and some other critters (an opossum and a porcupine) the ceilings for the dinning hall and the barracks were built and a small prison has been created. havent reached the first cavern layer too. and building some advanced housing for the nobles.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #38064 on: November 18, 2014, 04:40:13 pm »

Well, my militia commander got a strange mood, and instead of running to a workshop he ran across the map into the woods.

eliana

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Who said you were naked?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38065 on: November 18, 2014, 05:10:47 pm »

Got attacked by a wereelephant!

It severed all of the limbs off of one merchant and most of his guards.

Going to have to bury them.

Will the bitten merchants come back as wereelephants and attack me?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38066 on: November 18, 2014, 05:15:34 pm »

Don't let them.
Black lives matter.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38067 on: November 18, 2014, 05:21:05 pm »

one of my dead dorfs came up as a ghost, it must have been one that died while activating the garbage destroyer. oh well, a memorial slab has put him to rest, also, a caravan came, sold more garbage, and a giant attacked, dispatched in a matter of seconds...FPS are around 30, this fort has been too much succesfull....

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #38068 on: November 18, 2014, 05:33:53 pm »

Somehow my only metalcrafter decided the best was to spend his break was underwater in an aquifer. Under a bridge.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38069 on: November 18, 2014, 06:29:16 pm »

another caravan, garbage sold, more deaths, and the stockpiles are almost full, reached a carvern layer (it seems the second since i see troglodytes)

preparing the passage for the cave outpost. fortunately the tunnel is still inside a large mass of rock so no unexpeted visitors (yet)
Pages: 1 ... 2536 2537 [2538] 2539 2540 ... 3842