Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2525 2526 [2527] 2528 2529 ... 3842

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 6100128 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #37890 on: November 09, 2014, 02:04:39 am »

If I get another migrant wave of exclusively novice farmers, fishermen, and peasants, work on the atomsmashing corridors of doom will begin, and the knowledge of how they were build will be smeared all over them as the aforementioned novices are then used to test them.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37891 on: November 09, 2014, 02:09:16 am »

Hack their heads off and butcher them. That's the only real way to tame rutherers, through death.
Nooo! They are giant, good-hearted creatures with fluffy long hair! Their offspring can be tamed. I have 22 rutherers and only the original 4 are trained and not tame. The only downside is that rutherers need 10 years to mature.

Some creative RAW changes made them trainable for war and hunting. I tried to make them sheerable but couldn't get it to work.
Just kids...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37892 on: November 09, 2014, 02:13:01 am »

Draltha= archery targets. Rutherers= axe holders. The only creature I respect from the caverns are cave dragons and ant men. If I see a group of ant men, I legendary+elevate physical them all. Maybe give them steel spears too.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37893 on: November 09, 2014, 02:33:34 am »

I seem to have bad luck and I've never ever seen a dragon so far. So my goal is to tame rutherers and jabberers. I caught 4 cave crocodiles but they were all the wrong orientation for little ones, all four!

But it's time to move on to a new fort now. This time I genned a world with 2014 years of history. Lots of gobbos, few dwarfs and additional potential for a good war with the elves.
Just kids...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37894 on: November 09, 2014, 02:49:48 am »

That's because they gen in evil biomes... *Shudders* Never again... No... NOT THE BABIES...! NOT THE MOTHERS WITH THE BABIES!!!
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37895 on: November 09, 2014, 04:09:48 am »

That's because they gen in evil biomes... *Shudders* Never again... No... NOT THE BABIES...! NOT THE MOTHERS WITH THE BABIES!!!
But they are effective shields...?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37896 on: November 09, 2014, 04:24:05 am »

Well I did it.

Z 242:

Z 139:

Z 144 I think:

A waterfall along the entire inside wall of a weird volcano that loaded up cracked open to the cavern and drained into the magma sea, smoothed and engraved with fortifications cut so the dorfs in the bedrooms can enjoy the waterfalls there, the statue gardens above give another place to chill, and their private dining room/office spaces above also have fortifications for a nice misting while they eat. With the whole thing topped off by a sheer 100~ z drop from the southwest  lip of the tube.

Hurts the fps some, naturally, but hey, it's so damn cool I don't care!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37897 on: November 09, 2014, 04:29:42 am »

Odd... I was fight an ogre trio, when the last one picked up a dead bat man's shield and spear. He's actually becoming rather dangerous.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37898 on: November 09, 2014, 04:36:33 am »

Hah, I've got a named batman in the caverns down there under the watefallcano. Harukko or something like that, been slaughtering crundles and cave ogres and flying heads the whole time.

I'm responsible for the flooding... the rest was all nananananananananana-batman!

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37899 on: November 09, 2014, 05:00:23 am »

My dorfs finally killed the FB in my basement. They spent tons of silver arrows to take down the bastard.
Because of its poisonous vapor attack, I had to design a fortifaction and a hatch door to lure it.

My mayor named the crossbow for the kill.

This is a bismuth bronze crossbow.

One Notable Kill

Kithpa Fragileshaft the forgotten beast, d. 562

One Other Kill

One goblin (♂) in Rackhail

Slayer

Bembul Polishsword the dwarf, two kills

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:09:28 am by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Col_Jessep

• Bay Watcher
  • ♦ Cat Herder
    • View Profile
« Reply #37900 on: November 09, 2014, 06:38:10 am »

Things are going swell in Manorblow!
One of the neighbors was over for a visit, supernice dwarf! Should have mentioned that his hobby is necromancing though. Or we could have waited with butchering the horse. His little party trick was hilarious though. Gave me quite a scare there for a second. Ha ha ha!

But now we are fiiiiiiine.
The horse skin named Eshonnitig is finally at peace, coffins are in the making, we have elected a new expedition leader and one of the migrant who just arrived had some usable social skills and became broker. And I'm sure we will select capable people to fill the other spots that opened up recently like bookkeeper, chief medical, manager and militia captain.

The wagons of the Tan Swords left because the trade depot wasn't quite finished during the little party we had. No matter, we still managed to trade with the two merchants who came with camels.

"Welcome liaison!
No, don't worry about the dead bodies over there.
It's a fine tradition in Manorblow to air out the recently deceased a bit before the burial. It's perfectly safe now, I assure you, ha ha!

We are doing fiiiine, liaison. But thanks for asking.
How is the king? Doing well in our mighty fortress far away from the necromancer towers? Wonderful!
Do give him our regards, please!

What we want to trade next year? Next year, ha ha ha?
Some coff... I mean some leather, already tanned, please.
Why? We don't want to butcher any animals ourselves around here anymore.
Hmm, no no, no particular reason. We just really like plants!

Oh just ignore him, that's our old expedition leader. He's harmless, just going for a stroll. Walkabout or something he said, trying to find himself. What he's babbling about horse skins rising? Don't mind him, he has a very vivid imagination.

If you happen to see some horse hair, don't try to pet it, right?
Just kidding, of course there is no such thing as horse hair moving about by itself, ha ha.

Look at the time! I got to go, liaison, sorry. So much hauling, so little time.
Please, come visit us next year again!

By the way, did you ever think about bodyguards?
Hmm, no, it's not particularly dangerous in this area. Just, you know, the wolves. Big, big wolves with very looong and sharp teeth...
Just think about it, will ya?
Bye!"
Just kids...

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37901 on: November 09, 2014, 06:56:24 am »

My chief medical dwarf just gave birth to her 11th child.

Well I suspect sooner or later the entire fortress population will become her descendant.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37902 on: November 09, 2014, 09:24:46 am »

Well I suspect sooner or later the entire fortress population will become her descendant.
Hah, I've seen an elf (in legends) with NINETEEN children. Him and all but 3 had been killed in years before, mainly in the wars against my modded race, the Piscesi.

ALL BUT THREE. He lived to see most of them die.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37903 on: November 09, 2014, 10:43:45 am »

Hah, I've seen an elf (in legends) with NINETEEN children. Him and all but 3 had been killed in years before, mainly in the wars against my modded race, the Piscesi.

ALL BUT THREE. He lived to see most of them die.
Well 10 of her 11 children were born in this fortress. The mother arrived in 555 and now it is 562.
It is terrifying.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37904 on: November 09, 2014, 12:29:15 pm »

A two year old child just fell 43zlvls into the magma sea. It was not a pretty end.
Pages: 1 ... 2525 2526 [2527] 2528 2529 ... 3842