Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2450 2451 [2452] 2453 2454 ... 3839

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5969244 times)

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #36765 on: August 25, 2014, 03:07:01 pm »

I finished building my tower
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and completed the arena.

The current arena champion is Ceta the Minotaur who had no trouble with the giant i made him fight and makes short work of any goblins I throw down into the arena :)
I'm also training a giant bat to help me hunt for Ospreys

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36766 on: August 25, 2014, 03:25:40 pm »

and completed the arena.

The current arena champion is Ceta the Minotaur who had no trouble with the giant i made him fight and makes short work of any goblins I throw down into the arena :)

Jesus, I guess its time for me to graduate to the next level of building.  All of that is above ground?

---
In my fort, I just encountered a bug where a dead body that was specifically outside teleported inside when I removed a piece of flooring.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #36767 on: August 25, 2014, 04:45:52 pm »

Just started a new 40.10 fort; The RNG deemed it Craftstoked.
The site is an interesting bulge in a deep canyon eroded by the local river. This has resulted in flat ground (mostly clay) except at the maps corners, which are all mid-sized cliffs with exposed hetmatite veins.
I've immediately set up a wooden palisade around my open-pit entrance, dug out some farms, and am working on a large organics processing center. From there, I've got a few ideas; we're going to need our basic dining hall and high-density living quarters for sure. I'm thinking of largely feeding the fort through fishing at least at first. After that, it's a bum-rush to harness the aquifer to power a pumpstack to the magma sea, a project that I doubt will be completed within the next 2 years at least.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #36768 on: August 25, 2014, 05:04:52 pm »

I'm embarked in mountains with a waterfall and a huge gorge. Building a bridge over the gorge in case of migrants and traders coming in on the wrong spot.  It's bituminous coal.  Because I can.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ivar360

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36769 on: August 25, 2014, 05:13:51 pm »

and completed the arena.

Jesus, I guess its time for me to graduate to the next level of building.  All of that is above ground?

---
In my fort, I just encountered a bug where a dead body that was specifically outside teleported inside when I removed a piece of flooring.
It's about 12 levels above the ground at the top. It started out as a 1z wall next to my moat and i kinda just kept making the wall higher and higher. It took my 60 dwarfs about 17 years to make it and now i need to think of a new project :)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36770 on: August 25, 2014, 06:55:44 pm »

Hurray!
Two dwarves, that were born in my fortress, just got married!
A new generation presents itself, I'm curious if the grandparents will get a 'is happy to have gained a grandchild' thought when they have babies.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36771 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50:28 pm »

This was supposed to be fixed in 40.04 !

Search the main page for: 07/20/2014
Are you absolutely sure it teleported on deconstruction?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #36772 on: August 25, 2014, 07:52:16 pm »

This was supposed to be fixed in 40.04 !

Search the main page for: 07/20/2014
Are you absolutely sure it teleported on deconstruction?
No.  Its an older fort, I never realized it was fixed.  But thank for reminding me, I have to update those raws.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:55:26 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ZzarkLinux

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_BUN:#1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36773 on: August 25, 2014, 09:32:13 pm »

Cool, thanks for clarifying. I've been fawning over the new version, but I've got a few more things on my bucket list before I abandon my current fort.

Speaking of which, it looks like the best way to desensitize my militia is by killing husks.
EDIT:
And apparently, killing a zombie rabbit results in "the stray buck rabbit has been found dead". I thought that they couldn't ID the body after it zombifies  ???
DOUBLE EDIT:
Sayaka, my militia commander, is the only one who is having trouble with it. He was Miserable, took joy in slaugher, and was attacked by the dead.
He tantrummed, calmed down, went to bed, is now Very Unhappy.
To borrow a quote:
and the power of waterfalls made it okay.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:07:55 pm by ZzarkLinux »

Slogo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36774 on: August 25, 2014, 10:18:09 pm »

Well my fort may be doing fine, it's been a rough year for my civilization:

Urist McShire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36775 on: August 25, 2014, 11:11:08 pm »

and completed the arena.

What graphics/tileset are you using? Looking at DF and seeing that is both weird and awe-inspiring.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #36776 on: August 25, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »

So, I brought two peacocks and a few peahens at embark, but one peacock got mauled by a polar bear, and I think the other is gay... Is that possible? Because half a year without eggs seems a bit long. I have nest boxes.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36777 on: August 26, 2014, 12:22:52 am »

So, I brought two peacocks and a few peahens at embark, but one peacock got mauled by a polar bear, and I think the other is gay... Is that possible? Because half a year without eggs seems a bit long. I have nest boxes.
There's a bug where domestic animals are sometimes/often sterile. People on mantis are trying to narrow it down some more.

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36778 on: August 26, 2014, 12:34:58 am »

Also, doublecheck that nestboxes are the only requirement (I've been away from the game for a while). Are pastures needed, if so, are the peahens in the pasture, make sure the nestboxes are built, not forbidden, accessible to the peahens, all that jazz. If they're still not laying eggs after a season or two (or a year), it's possibly/probably that bug Agent_Irons mentioned.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36779 on: August 26, 2014, 04:19:47 am »

and completed the arena.

What graphics/tileset are you using? Looking at DF and seeing that is both weird and awe-inspiring.
That is a tool called StoneSense, which is a plugin for DFHack. It comes with DFHack, however, so you don't have to search for it if you want it.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.
Pages: 1 ... 2450 2451 [2452] 2453 2454 ... 3839